Astonishingly Well Run Companies

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'll have to download the video after signing up at YouTube and/or use your wave editor and record what you hear button as it plays.

620301[/snapback]

Yeah, I had already tried that. Didn't work. I then used a program called Jet Audio and was able to capture the sound with that. For some reason, audacity won't do it.

Just got this note from my Congressman in response to my email

Dear Mr. Adler:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act (H.R. 946). I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, there has been a growing trend among banks to use ATMs and debit card point-of-sale machines to dispense credit by permitting consumers to overdraw their bank accounts without providing any notice, asking for consent or disclosing fees that are charged during the transaction. Extending these "loans" to consumers without adequate notice raises serious concerns about abusive lending practices. The Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act would amend the Truth in Lending Act to set forth restrictions on: (1) overdraft protection programs or services for consumers; and (2) representations or statements with respect to such a program or service in any advertisement or promotion. In addition the bill amends the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and the Expedited Funds Availability Act to set forth restrictions on overdraft protection programs or services for consumers. As a member of the House Financial Services Committee, I look forward to examining this bill further and will certainly keep your comments in mind as debate continues.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions you may have or anytime I may be of assistance to you. I hope you will find my website (www.wexler.house.gov) a valuable resource in keeping up with events in Washington and South Florida.

With warm regards,

Robert Wexler

Member of Congress

Just got this note from my Congressman in response to my email 

Dear Mr. Adler:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act (H.R. 946). I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

As you may know, there has been a growing trend among banks to use ATMs and debit card point-of-sale machines to dispense credit by permitting consumers to overdraw their bank accounts without providing any notice, asking for consent or disclosing fees that are charged during the transaction. Extending these "loans" to consumers without adequate notice raises serious concerns about abusive lending practices. The Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act would amend the Truth in Lending Act to set forth restrictions on: (1) overdraft protection programs or services for consumers; and (2) representations or statements with respect to such a program or service in any advertisement or promotion. In addition the bill amends the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and the Expedited Funds Availability Act to set forth restrictions on overdraft protection programs or services for consumers. As a member of the House Financial Services Committee, I look forward to examining this bill further and will certainly keep your comments in mind as debate continues.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions you may have or anytime I may be of assistance to you. I hope you will find my website (www.wexler.house.gov) a valuable resource in keeping up with events in Washington and South Florida.

With warm regards,

Robert Wexler

Member of Congress

620340[/snapback]

Dear ____________

Thank you for contacting my office regarding ____________________.

As you may know <cut & paste paragraph from file here>.

With warm regards,

Child of Somebody with Connections

House Intern

Please identify the "emergency board meeting" from history that was good news for both the company and its shareholders.

620345[/snapback]

heh-heh-heh

Yup. Their problems go way beyond Chuckie. Wait 'til you see what happens when the stuff he's "planted" bears "fruit."

B0007PLLDI.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Jimi --

Do I detect a note of cynicism in your most recent post re: Doc's letter?

620346[/snapback]

:huh:

"Cynicism"?

About politicians?

Especially one as reliably a media whore as Wexler?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely, you've misunderstood the thrust of my post.....

Archived