A thousand points of light

Please note that the above ABX comments were written a few days ago.  They have continued their death plunge, suggesting that the AA and AAA tranches may be in trouble.

Doc has been writing that something is in trouble out there... this is what is in trouble.

616564[/snapback]

That's because even prime borrowers were loaned money based on their past record of payments, not their future ability to make payments.

Calculated Risk has discusssed this a few times. A buyer can be prime and still use an interest only loan that resets. That loan will still reset higher. Does Joe Prime have the bucks after expenses? Does he have an extra $500 a month or more?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check out this weekly candle on PTR.

616531[/snapback]

Makes me think of the Far Side cartoon where the dog has set up a trap for the cat, and as the cat gets near it, the dog's thought balloon says "Oh please..... oh please...."

616533[/snapback]

far-side-cat-fud.jpg

:P

616538[/snapback]

Thanks ! ! ! !

Also thanks to all for responses re David's sources for info.

I am not able to connect to Minyanville -- when someone posts a link, it takes me to that page but won't take me to the stories that have links posted on the page. Do you have to be a member?

616548[/snapback]

I think it is a paid site, although they have some free content. :P

616573[/snapback]

Cat Fear Uncertainty and Doubt ?

sell everything

616590[/snapback]

I'm in that camp of bears that was scared straight a few years back. Conditioned to perpetually ask what if it's just another one of these? No guts to go short. No guts to go long. Just holding PMs. And waiting patiently for the world to end. :ph34r:

616592[/snapback]

That war then, this dun be now.

A few years back prices were a helluva lot lower, good time to buy.

Now they high, good time to sell.

Ain't all that complexericated.

sell everything

616590[/snapback]

I'm in that camp of bears that was scared straight a few years back. Conditioned to perpetually ask what if it's just another one of these? No guts to go short. No guts to go long. Just holding PMs. And waiting patiently for the world to end. :ph34r:

616592[/snapback]

That war then, this dun be now.

A few years back prices were a helluva lot lower, good time to buy.

Now they high, good time to sell.

Ain't all that complexericated.

616594[/snapback]

Except for that it could the pigman ''el perfecto'' bear double-top uber suck-in Weimar moonramp prelude. :ph34r:

post-2047-1192841724.png

The reclusive former executive, who has repeatedly denied rumors he has run through his entire $120 Million fortune, appeared on MTV to offer the public a brief glimpse into his palatial estate, and unveiled his newest gold-plated luxury vehicle.

caution: some adult language

post-2457-1192842278.jpg

US dollar relative to Canadian dollar is now right at 130 year support.  The spike low in the US dollar in 1865 was when General Lee was advancing on Washington.  If the US dollar breaks support here, it is headed for a low not seen since the US Civil War.  I think that says something!  :o

post-647-1192830430_thumb.jpg

616545[/snapback]

well, at least there's no inflation

..... so, i got that going for me

Archived