It's just not the same

GOOG up 15 now. Looks like that's their story and they're sticking to it.

Another bear reaming tomorrow.

616135[/snapback]

I dunno. Qs are pretty much unchanged from the close. GOOG up 8 is like a $64 dollar stock being up 80 cents. Is that a lot?

That being said, I just took a look at the cmap on the WSE Pro Bellwether stock. From the looks of tonight's action, if it sticks, then the projection is about 25 bucks too low.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why you would want to short that stock. It's a cult stock. It has a classic bull market chart. On the fundamental side, seems they keep coming up with new ideas every so often that make a lot of money.

There are much easier ways of making money than shorting this baby. I don't understand the attraction.

If anyone is concerned about going because it is a Jewish service, I checked out the website and it is a Reform congregation. You will feel totally welcome and will understand what is going on.

616122[/snapback]

Yeah, us Reforms are just sorta like New Age Episcopalians.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

616128[/snapback]

May we snakehandler's attend-and participate? :o :P

Today's p/c was around .80-.85.

A lot of that activity must be people closing positions and rolling out, etc.

616140[/snapback]

PHM doesn't report until next Thursday. I'm not a fan of shorting homies right here since there appear to be a real lack of shares to borrow. With no shares to borrow this could be a primer for a good squeeze some time in the next week or so. The Nov options on TOL are pointing up not down as are HGX. Then again maybe this is the time to buy the putz, they are cheap. Of course, long term they're all headed to the basement and beyond.

I just closed a long term short on TOL today for a nice tidy profit--I'm learning not to be greedy :P

I am like all of you wondering WHAT it will take to move this markit lower. However Earnings have not been that bad and the outlook has been somewhat tempered.  With that .... Some headlines will cause some sell offs but over the last year with all the news about credit and housing you have to wonder ..... hmmm.

Goog just not that bad. Remember when thier CFO said something one afternoon and he TANKED the market.  It was an epic buying opp.

616141[/snapback]

The Law of Large Numbers may become a headwind for GOOG. Also, their history has been strictly during a prolonged bull market.

Since their revenue is advertiser dependent, GOOG may disappoint earnings expectations when the economy rolls over and advertisers withdraw, IMHO.

Another cyclical stupendous collapse in T-Bill rates again.

4.25% on 4-weeks on Monday.

4.1% at the Tuesday auction

3.22% currently

Can you comment comment on a 100+ basis point collapse in three days?

Ace Greenburg: Volatility. Next question.

talk about the bleeding obvious.

Wages would need to double in OZ to make housing affordable.

or house prices would need to fall by half... <_< <_<

I wonder how many people who have houses would be able to buy their own house based on todays wages and house prices??

An interesting thought.

this snippet below from Safehaven...

If free markets are allowed to run their course, house prices will come back down, possibly causing a short-term recession, but paving the way for long-term economic growth. It will be painful, quick, and healthy.

But that's cruel, politicians will argue. People will suffer. Consequently, politicians and regulators are trying to help. Bernanke wants to lower rates to keep the subprime meltdown from spilling over into the broader economy, Hank Paulson wants to save the big banks from suffering major losses, and the Democrats want to help bail out subprime borrowers.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Each of these policies is inflationary. If housing prices don't come down, everything else will have to go up in value. How else will people be able to afford these houses relative to their incomes? Either house prices must come down, or incomes must go up. With banks running into liquidity problems, we're going to need a lot more help (a.k.a. money) from the government, which means more money supply, more credit, and a weaker dollar - all of which is going to lead to more inflation.

http://www.safehaven.com/article-8644.htm

If anyone is concerned about going because it is a Jewish service, I checked out the website and it is a Reform congregation. You will feel totally welcome and will understand what is going on.

616122[/snapback]

Yeah, us Reforms are just sorta like New Age Episcopalians.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

616128[/snapback]

Coool. I didn't know you were in a band, Doc. Would that be Thrash Metal, Progressive Hip-Hop, or Funk-based Deep House ?

:P

I was out today and will be out tonight but I had a minute to check this mornings thread and wanted to give the info on HTE that was discussed early on.  When I mentioned it yesterday afternoon I forgot about it going ex-div today but here's the details on the div...

Harvest Confirms November 15, 2007 Distribution of C$0.38 Per Trust Unit

Market Wire - October 04, 2007 12:41 PM ET

Related Quotes

Symbol    Last  Chg

HTE  Trade  28.50  -0.07      Real time quote.

Harvest Energy Trust (TSX: HTE.UN) (NYSE: HTE) ("Harvest") today announces that a cash distribution of Cdn$0.38 per trust unit will be paid on November 15, 2007 to unitholders of record on October 22, 2007. Harvest trust units are expected to commence trading on an ex-distribution basis on October 18th, 2007.

The Cdn$0.38 per unit is equivalent to approximately U.S.$0.38 per unit if converted using a Canadian/U.S. dollar exchange ratio of 1.003. For U.S. beneficial holders, the U.S. dollar equivalent distribution will be based upon the actual Canadian/U.S. exchange rate applied on the payment date and will be net of any Canadian withholding taxes that may apply.

Sorry about the bad timing, if you have some stick around for the divy now.

616130[/snapback]

The .38 (US Dollar) in dividend is the highest ever by HTE.

Again...this stock have so much pluses about it. FYI, I'm a shareholder.

616134[/snapback]

You gave me the lead Madness, thanks much, I owe ya one.

Archived