Low-rate submitted: 4.68%

Mortgage-Backed Collateral Operations

Total accepted: $4.172 Bln

Total submitted: $20.65 Bln

Stop-Out Rate: 4.84%

Weighted Average: 4.84%

High-rate submitted: 4.85%

Low-rate submitted: 4.78%

(Data was provided by the New York Federal Reserve Bank).

I know that Gore is the butt of a lot of jokes around here.

I mentioned before that my cousin Kaj works for Gore as a reporter at Current.tv. Kaj has done some top notch reporting from Afghanistan, Somalia, and other danger zones around the world. He also did a piece on waterboarding where he subjected himself to being waterboarded. He just got his Masters from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard where he won a scholarship as top student. He is also an ex Navy Seal, and the first person ever to drop out of the Naval Academy and join the Seals.

On top of being a brilliant scholar and adventurer, he's also a gentleman of the first order. 

The last time I saw Kaj last fall I asked him about Gore, and he told me that Gore was the smartest person he had ever known. Considering all the brilliant people he has been exposed to in his life, I was surprised by that. Kaj is not a person prone to exaggeration. He really admires Gore. That's good enough for me.

Anyway, that's my little Al Gore connection story.

614625[/snapback]

Doc, is your cousin appearing on TV now? If so what is his full name? thanks :D

I mentioned before that my cousin Kaj works for Gore as a reporter at Current.tv. Kaj has done some top notch reporting from Afghanistan, Somalia, and other danger zones around the world. He also did a piece on waterboarding where he subjected himself to being waterboarded. He just got his Masters from the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard where he won a scholarship as top student. He is also an ex Navy Seal, and the first person ever to drop out of the Naval Academy and join the Seals.

On top of being a brilliant scholar and adventurer, he's also a gentleman of the first order. 

The last time I saw Kaj last fall I asked him about Gore, and he told me that Gore was the smartest person he had ever known. Considering all the brilliant people he has been exposed to in his life, I was surprised by that. Kaj is not a person prone to exaggeration. He really admires Gore. That's good enough for me.

614625[/snapback]

What do you expect from the guy that invented the internet?

The AlGore appologists side..

The actual dialog at the root of the story...

BLITZER: I want to get to some of the substance of domestic and international issues in a minute, but let's just wrap up a little bit of the politics right now.

Why should Democrats, looking at the Democratic nomination process, support you instead of Bill Bradley, a friend of yours, a former colleague in the Senate? What do you have to bring to this that he doesn't necessarily bring to this process?

GORE: Well, I will be offering -- I'll be offering my vision when my campaign begins. And it will be comprehensive and sweeping. And I hope that it will be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel that it will be.

But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

Source...

614630[/snapback]

Well, like I said he has been the butt of many jokes here. On the other hand, a member of my family, whom I love, admire, and trust totally, heaped extraordinary praise on the man, and he did so in response to a direct question from me without a second's hesitation.

So, you can take whatever you want from all the sites around the web dedicated to ridiculing the man. I have an opinion from someone close to me who works for him and knows him fairly well. I give that some weight.

Each side of the Gore debate has its adherents. I think we can leave that at that. It's off topic anyway. I should not have raised it.

614625[/snapback]

Doc, is your cousin appearing on TV now? If so what is his full name? thanks :D

614636[/snapback]

Kaj Larsen.

Current.tv. Available on satellite and in some expanded cable systems. You can also see it on the web at current.tv, but the site is not compatible with Firefox. Have to use IE.

614625[/snapback]

Second that! Very cool and perhaps helpful to our own survival to draw attention to climate change. I think I've seen Kaj, not sure. In any event, he has quite a resume, one that I can really respect, an adventurer and a gentleman. :D I will look for him on current tv. :D

qqqq 5 hr cycle projection now 53.21. 5 day cycle indicators have edged to the buy side.

Price has run to the 8 day cycle MA at 53.24. Should be some resistance there. They are above the 5 day cycle MA at 53.12. Those are the key levels for now.

Archived