IDS World Markets Fri 12th October 07

Geez, I guess the resilient consumers have all gone to Chinamart.

614701[/snapback]

They opened a new store and hired a friend, trained her, and have basically laid her off. I wouldn't be surprised to see the store close. It is in a new mall. :blink:

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's a uvpix?

614711[/snapback]

The investment seeks daily investment results that correspond to twice the daily performance of the MSCI EAFE index. The fund invests in equity securities and/or financial instruments that, in combination, are expected to have similar daily return characteristics as twice the daily performance of the index B)

Crooks have done a magnifico job destroying the Oct Q-ball putz. A quick look at the series shows about two million Q-ball putz in play. Right now, only about 60,000 remain in the money. Golf clap for the pigs.

There are about 250,000 calls above today's print. Don't know that this means anything, but appears to be some balance in the 52-53 zone for OpEx. So next week might be fairly mundane range-trading, at least on the fraudexes. Or not, of course.

I hold no Oct paper, so I watch with academic interest.

It ain't over til it is over. :angry:

It's a Wonderful Mess

Oct 11th 2007

From The Economist print edition

The costs of clearing up the subprime crisis

IN THE old days, when a borrower had problems making the payments on a loan, he would seek the advice of his neighbourhood bank. If the manager was a kindly soul (think of James Stewart in the film ?It's a Wonderful Life?) and the borrower had a plausible story to tell, the terms could probably be rearranged.

But that was before loans were repackaged, securitised and placed in the portfolios of investors everywhere from Atlanta to Zurich. As a result, clearing up the subprime mortgage crisis could be even messier than many people expect.

Inevitably, many lenders will foreclose on the homeowner. According to a website called www.foreclosures.com, that happened to 731,000 Americans between January and September. But foreclosure is time-consuming and expensive, taking 18 months on average and costing an estimated 20-25% of the loan balance. The departing householder might also trash the property.

So it might make sense to modify the terms of the loan; better that the homeowner makes some payment and keeps his home. Even this strategy, however, has its pitfalls.

A recent survey by Moody's, a rating agency, found that companies that serviced subprime mortgages had modified just 1% of the loans on which rates had been reset earlier this year. Their workload is bound to increase dramatically as loans taken out in 2006 are reset (to much higher interest rates) in the early months of 2008. But Moody's is concerned that the creditors are still communicating with most borrowers by letter rather than taking a more personal and active approach.

http://www.economist.com/finance/PrinterFr...tory_id=9957947

What's a uvpix?

614711[/snapback]

profunds double short eem

614714[/snapback]

UVPIX is down 97% since it launched in Oct 2002. Very nice timing right there.

The fund has printed red for eight consecutive months and 16 of the last 17.

RSI 19 on the monthlies. :lol:

Probably not a holding for the great grandkids college fund.

What's a uvpix?

614711[/snapback]

profunds double short eem

614714[/snapback]

UVPIX is down 97% since it launched in Oct 2002. Very nice timing right there.

The fund has printed red for eight consecutive months and 16 of the last 17.

RSI 19 on the monthlies. :lol:

Probably not a holding for the great grandkids college fund.

614721[/snapback]

Silly. You don't hold ANYTHING for the great grandkids' college fund.

You sell your CFC stock.

thanks for the responses but its uvpix

if i buy it i just want to be able to sell it if it breaks support--no history so support is a question

im worried about penalties for early withdrawal

i really wondering if shorting anything is even possible

the only thing i can see leading a downturn is the yield curve--that doesnt matter either i guess

the only thing that matters is the palsonbernakefuki triumvirate

small div on weekly rsihttp://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=UVPIX&p=W&yr=3&mn=0&dy=0&i=t57134436674&r=9252

=DJ TAKING STOCK: Talk of Google $1,000 Evokes Cheers, Jeers

By Spencer Jakab

A Dow Jones Newswires Column

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Whether it's Dow 10000, $50-a-barrel oil or some other

benchmark, investors get excited about big, round numbers.

That's why it isn't surprising to hear the buzz over the prospect of Google

Inc. (GOOG), arguably the hottest company of the decade, seeing its stock

price hit four digits. That would still leave it two digits shy of Warren

Buffett's money machine Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRKA), although it would be

worth about 60% more at a market value of $312 billion. Some anal cysts even

have speculated that Google could be the world's first trillion-dollar stock -

a fitting fate for a company named after the number googol, which is one

followed by 100 zeroes.

inviting comments please..... excuse me while I have to go outside and walk on water

614709[/snapback]

I remember similar talk in '00. Who would reach that pinnacle first CSCO, MSFT or GE.

The TAN man is getting some big time free press. :lol:

October 11, 2007

Stock Sales by Chief of Lender Questioned

By GRETCHEN MORGENSON

The Securities and Exchange Commission has been asked to investigate stock sales made by Angelo R. Mozilo, chief executive of the mortgage lender Countrywide Financial, in the months before its shares plummeted amid the deepening mortgage crisis.

In an Oct. 8 letter to the S.E.C. chairman, Christopher Cox, the state treasurer of North Carolina, Richard H. Moore, questioned changes Mr. Mozilo made to his arranged stock selling program, adjustments that allowed him to increase significantly his sales of Countrywide shares.

After starting a plan in October 2006, Mr. Mozilo twice raised the number of shares that could be sold: once in December 2006, when Countrywide stock was $40.50, and again in February, when it hit a high of $45.03. He has had gains of $132 million since starting the October 2006 plan and expects to sell his remaining shares by the end of the week, a move that will generate millions more

11land-190.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/11/business...agewanted=print

614697[/snapback]

Tangelo

614700[/snapback]

Just the beginning . . .

12mortgage-600.jpg

Starting to see that maybe yesterday meant sumptin..........Starting to see more sell than buy signals using PNF charting criteria...... :) Maybe it is not safe to go back in the water....

post-1110-1192209088.jpg

Archived