• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DJ Fed Sets 2008 Indexing For Reserve Requirements

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The Federal Reserve announced Wednesday it has

raised the exemption for reserve requirements for 2008 for depository

institutions.

For net transaction accounts in 2008, the first $9.3 million will be exempt

from reserve requirements. That is up from $8.5 million in 2007.

A 3% reserve ratio will be assessed on net transaction accounts over $9.3

million up to and including $43.9 million, down from $45.8 million in 2007. A

10% reserve ratio will be assessed on net transaction accounts in excess of

$43.9 million.

610728[/snapback]

I knew it......they'd start playing with reserve requirements

panic double cuts of the dicsout rate not enough

they want full on hyperinflation, and they're gonna get it

610751[/snapback]

Better than a rate cut. A bowel movement like that makes it hard to go very short in the near future. I'll never understand Doc's fascination with how forthright and squeaky clean Fed bank agencies are unless he has a relative in the system.

With grains and oil skying there is something wrong with this picture.

The only thing more painful than being short CME today was....

BARNAUL, Russia (Reuters) - A Siberian woman who gave birth to her 12th child -- doing more than her fair share to stem Russia's population decline -- was stunned to find that little Nadia weighed in at a massive 7.75 kg (17.1 lb).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070926/od_uk_...k_russia_baby_1

and I doubt they use Epidurals in that neck of the woods

:o :o :o

In the end the population will consist of 1% being ultra wealthy and the balance being in the service industries.  No middle class.

610835[/snapback]

The trick is persuading the 99% that they are all middle class.

"Lake Wobegon Economy"

Two Plead Guilty in Florida RE Fraud Scheme

Barker negotiated with sellers of residential ream estate properties, who executed Purchase and Sale Agreements to sell their properties at a given price. A co-conspirator, who was a licensed ream estate uppraiser, then fraudulently uppraised the properties at substantially higher amounts than those stated on the Purchase and Sale Agreements.

The conspirators provided a second, fraudulent, Purchase and Sale Agreement?showing the inflated uppraisal price to lenders. Based on the fraudulent documents, the lenders approved loans in the amounts of the inflated uppraisals.

The maximum penalty faced by both individuals is 30 years in ass-pounding prison plus a fine in the amount of $1 million.

Going forward we'll see the continuation of weaker financial companies getting bought as a result of this whole ABCP mess.? The strong balance sheet companies are just scooping them up.? 3 months from now this whole subprime mess will be a distant memory and the lows will have been put in.

610836[/snapback]

CONsolidation of companies in market leading sectors is a topping sign. ASSk Bernie Ebers and Steve "Worst" Case.

Government bailouts are a bottoming sign. Ask Lee IOUcoca. And the Raines Man.

A Weimar run needs credit creation. Ask Warren and SHITtyCorpse who they are gonna make new loans to.

Maybe there is a new bubble. The Bailout Bubble.

Its still a big long double top, folks.

post-2304-1190840413.gif

Went forclosure (mostly pre -forclosures) shopping here in vegas.....put in some crazy low offers just to see if banks are desparate.

Doubt anything comes of it.But if they take my bid,it will be alot cheaper than even renting.All the houses are less than 2 years old.....

Saw some total cr@pholes too....water damage,doggie destruction,odors from hell :(

Some of them were sold in the mid 300's....offering mid 100's.

Looked at 12 homes....11 were vacant :o

Going forward we'll see the continuation of weaker financial companies getting bought as a result of this whole ABCP mess.  The strong balance sheet companies are just scooping them up.  3 months from now this whole subprime mess will be a distant memory and the lows will have been put in.

610836[/snapback]

you may be correct but ABCP problems may continue to have far reaching implications for a large variety of companies. The other night I was looking at a 8K from this small company and noticed there problem selling the ABCP they had been buying. Another small company , which I cannot recall there symbol, made it very clear that their money was NOT parked in ABCP. The other issue to consider is that companies have allready lost considerable amount of money and have felt the pain why many others are under the covers with various mark to model accounting games. I doubt that we are seeing the end of structured finance but the market for these creations seem to be at a low point. below is a short paragraph i lifted from the Xethanol 8K:

"In light of the current credit markets and the inability of Xethanol to sell the securities at par, Xethanol's board of directors evaluated the risks of continuing to hold the securities, which included the risk that the sales price of the securities might decline even further. Based on this evaluation, the board authorized management to sell all of the securities. Xethanol did so on September 20, 2007 through Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. at a discount to par. The sales resulted in a loss of $1.5 million of Xethanol's $13.3 million total investment in the securities. Xethanol is currently reviewing its possible legal remedies. In its financial statements for the three months ended September 30, 2007, Xethanol will reflect a $1.5 million loss resulting from the sale of the securities. "

Went forclosure (mostly pre -forclosures) shopping here in vegas.....put in some crazy low offers just to see if banks are desparate.

Doubt anything comes of it.But if they take my bid,it will be alot cheaper than even renting.All the houses are less than 2 years old.....

Saw some total cr@pholes too....water damage,doggie destruction,odors from hell :(

Some of them were sold in the mid 300's....offering mid 100's.

Looked at 12 homes....11 were vacant :o

610841[/snapback]

My friend who lives in Vegas tells me it is ground zero for the pricking of the bubble....I told him Kali is trying to give his state a run for their money... :lol:

post-1110-1190841493.jpg

Archived