IDS World Markets Tues 18th September 07

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having spent a few years in the Investor Relations Dept. of a Fortune 100 company, I am familiar with the 'ol "oops, did I just click on the press release SUBMIT button?" screw up.....never happened to me, but we have all heard the stories of this happening at various companies over the years....

As a result, I am on the Fed website constantly refreshing the page in the hopes that some dopey intern does the 'ol oopsy-daisy :D

Fed Link - 2007 Monetary Announcements

From the housing bubble blog

http://thehousingbubbleblog.com/index.html

From Bloomberg. ?A residential real estate slump in Spain, where prices have almost tripled since 1997, is ?unthinkable,? the top economic adviser of Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero said.?

?The solvency of the banking system and of real estate developers, as well as the unmet demand for new homes, will prevent any meaningful price erosion, David Taguas, head of the prime minister?s economic research unit, said in an interview yesterday at his office at the presidential palace in Madrid.?

??To talk about severe adjustments or a meltdown in prices is ridiculous,? Taguas said in response to reports pointing to an end of the Spanish real estate boom. ?That sort of crisis is unthinkable.??

?A run on mortgage lenders such as Newcastle, U.K.-based Northern Rock Plc or funding difficulties like those at Countrywide Financial Corp. in the U.S. is ?unthinkable? in Spain, Taguas said. Such a situation ?is completely out of the question? in Spain, Taguas said.?

Unthinkable indeed....

post-1110-1190137794.jpg

I myself believe...that in the US housing prices will fall....but in Spain...it is unthinkable that they will fall and what not....... :lol:

From the housing bubble blog

http://thehousingbubbleblog.com/index.html

From Bloomberg. ?A residential real estate slump in Spain, where prices have almost tripled since 1997, is ?unthinkable,? the top economic adviser of Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero said.?

?The solvency of the banking system and of real estate developers, as well as the unmet demand for new homes, will prevent any meaningful price erosion, David Taguas, head of the prime minister?s economic research unit, said in an interview yesterday at his office at the presidential palace in Madrid.?

??To talk about severe adjustments or a meltdown in prices is ridiculous,? Taguas said in response to reports pointing to an end of the Spanish real estate boom. ?That sort of crisis is unthinkable.??

?A run on mortgage lenders such as Newcastle, U.K.-based Northern Rock Plc or funding difficulties like those at Countrywide Financial Corp. in the U.S. is ?unthinkable? in Spain, Taguas said. Such a situation ?is completely out of the question? in Spain, Taguas said.?

Unthinkable indeed....

post-1110-1190137794.jpg

I myself believe...that in the US housing prices will fall....but in Spain...it is unthinkable that they will fall and what not....... :lol:

608481[/snapback]

:lol: :lol: Poor South Carolina, your chillun and your chillun's chillun, upon googling South Carolina Map will have to wade through 'maps' such as:

post-2160-1190138313_thumb.jpg

Unthinkable indeed....

post-1110-1190137794.jpg

I watch 0 TV anymore, but a friend told me she saw this girl on some morning TV show, and actually sounded pretty bright. They made her watch this clip in front of the audience, and apparently laughed really hard when it was over, saying someting like "I don't even know who that person IS".

I'm no apologist for the beauty pageant circuit, but a 17 year old growing up in that atmosphere, being able to laugh at herself, counts for something.

Archived