IDS World Markets Tues 18th September 07

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This idea that rate cuts are bullish is just hogwash. The bear market was during a falling rate period, and the recent bull run was in a rising rate environment since June 2004. It just does not wash.  Rates do not matter. The level and direction of liquidity is the only thing that matters, and it sure as hell isn't up. 

608424[/snapback]

Guy before the opening from the floor of the NYSe told Whiskey Haines that "there is a 100% correlation between Fed cuts and stock market rallies in the 20th century."

I swear to god, he said it.

608429[/snapback]

He was either a Moran or lyin. But he hedged, of course. This is the 21st century.

Usually, during the past couple of years, every time crude went up, the price of unleaded followed-on......and prices at the pump "jacked" within days.....prices at the pump are at mult-month lows in in NJ.....as low as $2.43 per gal for reg unleaded

Not this time.....

Need to keep that inflation # down in order to pave a path for the "Fed Ease"....

clspot.gif

huspot.gif

Yeah, yeah, I know......refining capacity not impaired....peak driving season over....blah, blah, blah

Chart Source<------

608425[/snapback]

US Presidential Election= no gas erection. Don't want politicians to make some crazy promises like excess profit taxes, or make an issue out of lack of conservation and Texan oilmen drinking beer out of boots.

That would be it, short with impunity!? SnPEE futures 1500.? SOW futures at the 600 break.? I may have to leave breadcrumbs so you can find the body just in case.

608427[/snapback]

Lookking for 1492 Ocean's Blue cash market before I p... pppp.....pppppppressss the ssssshhhhoooorttt BUTTon...

or not.

This is a set up for a bear slaughter.

or not.

3 more hours of this sheeet.

Somewhere, a PigMan is laughing.

*DJ US Aug Producer Prices -1.4%; Consensus -0.3%

(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires

Boy when you control the numbers you really control the numbers....

*DJ US Aug PPI Energy Prices -6.6%; Biggest Drop Since '03

*WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--U.S. wholesale prices tumbled last month on the

biggest drop in energy prices in over four years and a fourth-straight decline

in food prices, while pipeline pressures eased, a government report showed.

Someone pass the crack pipe around because I thought food and energy commodities were breaking out to new highs the last I saw.

I am sorry but this report was designed for one reason... Fed to lower rates.... This is why gold will eventually go nuts, the frog in the boiling pot scenario. Eventually the public will lose confidence and wake up.

608398[/snapback]

Bond market ain't buyin' it. That's for sure.

608400[/snapback]

the bond market is like big daddy right !!

5 day cycle indicators have turned up from the zero line. That usually means a very big move.

608430[/snapback]

Is the beeg move in the same direction as the indicators moving away from the zero line? You know, the direction which is going to tear new ones on us bears?

Besides going in for a quick short scalp.

I can't see any reason why anyone would be short on an intermediate basis.

Price is telling us something.

608444[/snapback]

Well on the SOW, looking for a retrace back to the 400 level today. Will that take care of that pic? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Besides going in for a quick short scalp.

I can't see any reason why anyone would be short on an intermediate basis.

Price is telling us something.

608444[/snapback]

Well on the SOW, looking for a retrace back to the 400 level today. Will that take care of that pic? :lol: :lol: :lol:

608446[/snapback]

That's a pretty large move :). Even Tice doesn't think we'll dip below 3000.

Archived