Monthly Digger - September 2007

Anybody know why the 1/4 oz. US gold eagle doesn't have a face value of $12.50 instead of $10?

606382[/snapback]

The nominal value which is kind of irrelevant probably was fixed by a committee during the apporval of the first minting

In Euro 50-20-10 seems the norm and half euro is only used on silver like 1.5 for a one ounce

Intrestingly Spain has high nominal euro values but their coins are less than the conventional ounce half and quarter

For instance the Europe on the bull coin is 13.5 g 0.999 and has a nominal value

of 200 E

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody know why the 1/4 oz. US gold eagle doesn't have a face value of $12.50 instead of $10?

606382[/snapback]

The nominal value which is kind of irrelevant probably was fixed by a committee during the apporval of the first minting

In Euro 50-20-10 seems the norm and half euro is only used on silver like 1.5 for a one ounce

Intrestingly Spain has high nominal euro values but their coins are less than the conventional ounce half and quarter

For instance the Europe on the bull coin is 13.5 g 0.999 and has a nominal value

of 200 E

606388[/snapback]

Thanks. Sounds like the kind of decision a committee would make. ;)

To all my brothers and sisters in gold kookdom, today is a good day. And I'm one lucky SOB because yesterday afternoon I bought back that 1/4 of my positions I sold on Friday. :) Just kinda' feel nekkid when I'm not fully invested. :mellow:

606761[/snapback]

Good move. Why jump off an impulse? HUI is now over 364, formerly known as resistance.

RGLD 32 is coming up soon.

To all my brothers and sisters in gold kookdom, today is a good day. And I'm one lucky SOB because yesterday afternoon I bought back that 1/4 of my positions I sold on Friday. :) Just kinda' feel nekkid when I'm not fully invested. :mellow:

606761[/snapback]

Good move. Why jump off an impulse? HUI is now over 364, formerly known as resistance.

RGLD 32 is coming up soon.

606776[/snapback]

I get itchy fingers sometimes. ;) I've learned from past experiences that when I start to feel really good about how my accounts are doing, it's time to sell something, if only to buy back a little lower. But if this is the next big move up, I need to just let it ride. RGLD is my biggest position.

I don't believe it, GG has recovered in one of my accounts. I should have sold it all and bought droopy like Ageka but oh well.

I have a lot of RGLD TRE SLW ROY some GG and other minor miners.

I bought PMPIX, doing well on that one so far.

Pullbacks may not be worth it to play by jumping in and out except maybe intra-day cause you never know what might happen overnight here lately.

A possible rate cut could have a impact on gold but only short term.

XAU:

Trendlines, Charts, and Potpourri:

On the weekly Candlestick, there's no breakout. The upper trendline represents resistance yet to be challenged.

The weekly P&F presents a radically different picture.

On September 10th, lateral resistance was broken when the index moved above 154. This created a double top breakout.

More important, however, the red downtrend line (signifying a declining trend), was overlapped switching the trend to a blue lower trendline (signifying an uptrend). On the P&F, the trendline is always at a 45% angle.

The message--- probably that there will be some hesitation in the 158-160 range.

But things look very bullish for months to come.

post-1352-1189567286_thumb.jpg

post-1352-1189567303.png

XAU:

Long term Elliott.

Note, particularily, the difference between red waves 2 and 4.

Wave 2 is a traditional abc. Wave 4 represents the Elliott "Rule of Alternation"--that wave 4 will be very different from wave 2.

Wave 4's are the waves that "try one's soul".

Taking a Rx from Meta. Buy ALL dips, Sell NO rallies.

post-1352-1189568531_thumb.jpg

Louise Yamada was just on Crapvision, said dollar targets are much lower. Gold can pullback to $690, new support; but has $750 as the next target, then $8xx, then $1000+. Sorry, don't recall exact targets on the upside.

Interview should be on Crapvision's website, with Sue Herrera hosting.

Archived