Monthly Digger - September 2007

Since it has been established that HUI can labor for the year between 306 and 370, with what appears to be a three day spring of the January low price level and a very shallow pullback, I'm going to assume that once again the 370 level will get retested.

At least we know that buying on sale on August 16 was a good deal.

HUI

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1188867523.png

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GOLD:

The candlestick charts for GOLD are "continuous contract" charts'

The daily tracks the "spot" price, while the weely currently tracks the December futures.

Note the differences in respect of the upper downtrend line.

If that weekly chart rules, the target for the breakout from the symmetrical triangle is 870-875.

post-1352-1188952686_thumb.jpg

post-1352-1188952699_thumb.jpg

HEDON:

In response to your inquiry on the other thread ---Yes, an overlap of 140 would be most disappointing.

More important is a clear 5 wave move. I'm sceptical because the decline off the July highs was only 3 waves. I figured we'd need a 5 waver to complete the correction of the last year and a half.

I'm still worried that we could be in some kind of complex correction and all we're seeing is another sucker rally in a collosal "B" wave. 151.87 is where c=a.

But then, I'll take this rally with a big, broad smile on my face.

BV,

That $gold PnF chart is great. Althogh HUI and XAU are at resistances, lots of stox are getting much stronger vs HUI/XAU.

I bought some of this today:

big.chart?symb=gold&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=1&maval=20&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=268435456&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=1186299&style=350&time=12&freq=3&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=8515&mocktick=1&.gif

605142[/snapback]

Meta:

A big boo-ya (ugh, choke, gag) to 'ya.

Let's try that again.

"Well done."

I suspect you'll always be a general officer strategizing your campaign, while I'll always be a lieutenant leading my platoon from one squirmish line to another.

Meta:

I'm not seeing strength in the HUI components other than FCX.

But then, all of the copper stocks seem technically strong.

Most of the HUI's are still on sell signals or low pole reversals on the P&F's (50% retracements).

Or Charmin's "absorbtion" points.

If I'm right, the entry point is lower than today's bullish performance.

GOLD, the stock, by the way, is one of the few miners that has a positive P&F chart---but I'm sure you knew that.

I took some off the table. Closed out my AEM and GSS positions.

Not ready to put my "bull horns" on yet. Survived a radical prostatectomy. So it's hard to get horny about anything other than the markets.

Good trading,

B.V.

Meta:

I'm not seeing strength in the HUI components other than FCX.

But then, all of the copper stocks seem technically strong.

Most of the HUI's are still on sell signals or low pole reversals on the P&F's (50% retracements).

Or Charmin's "absorbtion" points.

If I'm right, the entry point is lower than today's bullish performance.

GOLD, the stock, by the way, is one of the few miners that has a positive P&F chart---but I'm sure you knew that.

I took some off the table. Closed out my AEM and GSS positions.

Not ready to put my "bull horns" on yet. Survived a radical prostatectomy. So it's hard to get horny about anything other than the markets.

Good trading,

B.V.

605154[/snapback]

BV, sounds rational for your style of trading this sector.

Indeed, HUI and XAU are at critical resistances. I am not trading this sector aggressively at all, but will hold core positions (all of which have bullish PnF charts) and sometimes trade around them. Energy and tech are where I am hitting the buy button nowadays, ever since BPENER crossed up above 30, and NDX is quite bullish, including biotechs :D

Some bullish constructs (MDG on watch), but note HUI resistance.

My biggest position is in GLD, which will encounter next resistance at 68.1. This, in my opinion, is a better investment and not that subject to the whims of equities which are anything but stable, at present.

XAU:

Critical juncture here.

The intra-day can count as an abc correction---5 waves up, 3 waves down, and 5 waves up.

This current 3 wave pattern also corrected slightly more than 61.8% of the July/August decline.

The magic numbers are 146.26 and 139.68.

Overlap of 146.26 would indicate that the 2nd 5 wave pattern is extending---making it look more like a 3rd wave up, and not a terminal "c" wave. It would also exceed the normal 61.8% retracement level-- indicating a return to the July highs.

Overlap of 139.68 leaves a 3 wave move on the chart at a 61.8% correction---indicating that the recent rally was a corrective wave--possibly an "X" wave in a double zig-zag down (a WXY pattern).

post-1352-1189049386_thumb.jpg

Since Friday I'm trying PMPIX. Missed the bottom but I'm watching the spot prices and with the movement lately it looks promising. If I'm wrong, this time of year should be forgiving. Even if the regular markets eke out new highs the future looks bleak in the years ahead. With consumers' deep pockets empty I don't see where investment money will come from. Might take til xmas for all government reports to be negative and declare a recession in progress.

As for the miners: Throw out the little ones and pan fry the big ones.

Archived