Another Sleepy Summer Friday

From a Pigmanesque? "Screw Everyone" perspective, the most pernicious outcome would be to close the day unchanged right at SPX 1453. That would keep both bools/bears on the knife's edge.

Conversely, if they wish to "foment", a close right at 1432 would do the trick.

598379[/snapback]

Yep.

post-2169-1186776523_thumb.png

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From a Pigmanesque? "Screw Everyone" perspective, the most pernicious outcome would be to close the day unchanged right at SPX 1453. That would keep both bools/bears on the knife's edge.

598379[/snapback]

Yep.

598635[/snapback]

great call

598379[/snapback]

Yep.

598635[/snapback]

great call

598638[/snapback]

Golf clap for LeeWhee

post-1110-1186777368_thumb.jpg

598379[/snapback]

Yep.

598635[/snapback]

great call

598638[/snapback]

Ch-yeah, but what about his silence during the day about what we might see to the right of the decimal, huh?!

From a Pigmanesque™ "Screw Everyone" perspective, the most pernicious outcome would be to close the day unchanged right at SPX 1453. That would keep both bools/bears on the knife's edge.

598379[/snapback]

Yep.

598635[/snapback]

You're scaring me, Dude! :lol:

Can you say "Worldwide Synchronous Crash"? The Greenspew derivative wonder of the spreading of the risk is as fine an improvement as were the blankets with smallpox given to the native Americans starving in their new concentration camps.

Or the old waste management plan of "Dump it in the oceans, and don't worry."

As a flea on the leg of the doorman at Golden Sackers, I would like to add my vote for the Monday morning 8:30 meeting of the Fed and the Gang of 21. Open markets down a few percent and make it easier for folks to buy bargains. Since you're on a roll LW, how 'bout at yer 1379 for openers?

Tanks for the good goop.

They are pushing on a string, methinks.  And I also think the crisis is bigger than we think because I suspect that most of those CDOs and a huge portion of MBS and GSE paper are completely worthless, and they are held by every financial institution in the world in huge quantities.

The run on the bank is here and the Ponzi men have stripped the vaults to the bare walls.

598606[/snapback]

I just do not want to appear either stupid or unappreciative, but

If all of this is happening without any real printed money, how can the vaults be bare? What limit or governor is there?

598613[/snapback]

When the creditor loses confidence that he will be timely repaid, he won't lend anymore. That's the limit. And we are hitting it.

Leverage works both ways. In a deleveraging spiral, leverage kills.

Patents, this is the best answer I can provide you.  It won't answer all your questions, nor will it satisfy your desire for a PhD dissertation or any semblance of certainty.

It all ends when confidence ends.

Confidence is ending.

Not only in all these junk assets, but in the flawed BWII monetary system.

598630[/snapback]

I appreciate your comment and I hope this post will not be deleted, but -

I agree that confidence should be ending, but I am dismayed by even today 30+ percent still think that the current administration is doing a good job.

In light of that, can confidence EVER really end?

598632[/snapback]

The market is in the process of answering that question.

Bottom line is that the whys and wherefores aren't relevant. This isn't a trial. The market is the judge, jury, and executioner. The charts know all. The charts tell all. That's all you need to know.

That, and the fact that I'm a grandpa! :lol:

Doc, the stories you'll tell your grandkids when this all collapses.

Lee W, to enter your world and think like a Pigman, I don't know if my virgin psyche can handle that house of horrors. :unsure: :P

Props to Russ W for another hilarious acronym - COLOSTOMBAG. :D

Aug. 10 (Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc.'s $8 billion Global Alpha hedge fund has fallen 26 percent so far this year, according to people familiar with the fund.

The decline in Goldman's largest hedge fund, managed by Mark Carhart and Raymond Iwanowski, follows the drop of about 9 percent in 2006, said the people, who declined to be named because the fund is private.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...ZmHQ&refer=home

598379[/snapback]

Yep.

598635[/snapback]

great call

598638[/snapback]

Golf clap for LeeWhee

post-1110-1186777368_thumb.jpg

598639[/snapback]

Right on. :D

Seriously people, scalping this thing is gonna be a bitch.

The pinball action on tons of small stocks is just dizzying. I'll post a few here.

Advice?

- Time.

- Limit Risk.

- Do it when you're most scared to go short.

Best.

post-2961-1186778625_thumb.jpg

post-2961-1186778650_thumb.jpg

post-2961-1186778692_thumb.jpg

Just got this veddy interrresting email. Read between the lines.

Dear IB Customer:

In view of the recent increase in market volatility, we thought that this would be a good time to remind you that Interactive Brokers? advanced Credit Manager System and other surveillance and risk management technologies can help to protect you and all IB customers from certain types of exposure. For example, while most other brokers operate with end of day margin calculations and three day margin calls, Interactive Brokers? real-time Credit Manager System (patents pending) monitors the current value of each IB customer account and evaluates account risk and margin requirements throughout the trading day. In addition, IB?s systems monitor for unduly concentrated customer positions and suspicious trading activity in certain stocks (e.g., fast moving small cap stocks that may be the subject of fraud or manipulation). Our Risk Management staff monitors the markets and our customer accounts 24 hours a day and can take action or report unusual problems to exchanges or regulators almost immediately.

Through our technology, our people and our strong financial condition, we want to help protect you from the risk inherent in today?s marketplace, while at the same time helping you profit from it through our advanced trading system and ultra low fees.

Sincerely,

Interactive Brokers

Archived