Nah-Nah Naaah Nah

try2win, are you still with us?

596282[/snapback]

i was more sending my congrats to the ones who called it. people are on the other end of those calls though. i would think people should profit from whatever !

one day i owned DNA and the numbers were not good ... thinking to myself damn i wish more people got cancer ... it freaked me out a little !

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crapvision reporters are complete morons......."wha, where's the FED!!!"

What?

What that wingohockingmoyamensing can the Fed do to fix this?

Answer:? Nothing.

Lower rates, that's the ticket!!

Answer: No it's not!? It has nothing to do with the problem at hand, nor will it fix it.

The only way the Fed could help is to buy all the CDO's, CMO's, LDO's, and other toxic waste that's out there and that will not (could not) happen.

Bottom Line:? The market is repricing risk -- and dat's dat bitches!!

Finally, maybe I'll be able to buy some long dated stuff that yields 10-15%.....ah, remember the Volker days!!!

596298[/snapback]

They weren't just calling for a rate cut. They were calling for a emergency gathering like LTCM. They want the FED to call all the kleptocrats to a secret meeting to figure out how to stick it J6P. With record bonus on wall street last year, a bail out of the super rich won't sit well. They'll spin it as helping the poor with some paltry sum going to aid "foreclosure" and the rest going back the WS mafia.

Not to mention all the key insider selling the past 2 years, if the press had any sense, they would start writing the mother of all kleptocrat's ball articles.

596301[/snapback]

I've read a few girlybullz jizzing over some minor "insider buying" stats. They claim it's a sign the "smart money" iz buying cheep schlocks. Most of this "insider buying", btw, is focused on the finaglers.

We saw a lot of insider buying in 2002. But many of these smartypants bought all the way down during the 40% final leg. They were proven right sooner or later, but they were early...to say the least.

Recall that insiders have been selling at the ratio of something like 1,000-1 for the past four years. They tend to start selling early too.

These "smart money" indicators don't work very well for a trade. They tend to be "Big Picture" tells. It might be months, or even years, until they matter.

Funny how the girlebullz ignore the selling all the way up (hello Bob Toll!), but jump all over the first nascent signs of buying.

It didn't work for the bears to fade insider selling and it won't work for girlybullz to embrace insider buying.

Crapvision reporters are complete morons......."wha, where's the FED!!!"

What?

What that wingohockingmoyamensing can the Fed do to fix this?

Answer:? Nothing.

Lower rates, that's the ticket!!

Answer: No it's not!? It has nothing to do with the problem at hand, nor will it fix it.

The only way the Fed could help is to buy all the CDO's, CMO's, LDO's, and other toxic waste that's out there and that will not (could not) happen.

Bottom Line:? The market is repricing risk -- and dat's dat bitches!!

Finally, maybe I'll be able to buy some long dated stuff that yields 10-15%.....ah, remember the Volker days!!!

596298[/snapback]

They weren't just calling for a rate cut. They were calling for a emergency gathering like LTCM. They want the FED to call all the kleptocrats to a secret meeting to figure out how to stick it J6P. With record bonus on wall street last year, a bail out of the super rich won't sit well. They'll spin it as helping the poor with some paltry sum going to aid "foreclosure" and the rest going back the WS mafia.

Not to mention all the key insider selling the past 2 years, if the press had any sense, they would start writing the mother of all kleptocrat's ball articles.

596301[/snapback]

The LTCM crisis and the current landscape bear no resemblance to each other.

Back then, LTCM was overleveraged at the worst possible time and got caught in one of them "black swan" thingies.

This time, instead of some one-off hedgie blowup that threatened to take down the markits, we are seeing the unwinding of years of well-documented credit abuses. The LTCM thing was a big deal, but it was isolated. The subprime/Alt-A/creditbubble is a big deal and it is not isolated or contained.

This will take longer to unwind and the aftermath will likely mean that credit conditions will be quite different for the foreseeable future. Does that mean no more LBOs, M&A, etc? Not necessarily. It just means that the environment has become much less hospitable for the sort of nonsense we've been seeing.

The question becomes: what sort of "Credit Abbondanza" premium was built into U.S. markits? So far it looks like 8%. But maybe it's 10% or 15% or 20%. Who knows.

With some schlocks, there was probably no premium, so those schlocks should be OK coming out of this. For other schlocks, it could be 50% or more. We'll find out in due course.

But for goofs to suggest that this is some LTCM deal where the crooks can just get the Fed to paper it over is absurd. This was the result of YEARS of abuses and is systemic in nature. It's not something you can toss money at and everything will be just like it was. Money (or rather debt/credit) is not the solution. In fact, it was the problem.

Here come's all the screaming for a bailout... If you are short you are fuked. The fed needs to heal the market woes, and make all irresponsible lenders and borrowers whole again. Hedge funds and ultra large investors using 10 to 1 leverage (usually to to cause short squeezes) will be bailed out. The market shall only go up.

596312[/snapback]

I think this may be a mathematical impossibility, but I'm purtty dumb

Here come's all the screaming for a bailout... If you are short you are fuked. The fed needs to heal the market woes, and make all irresponsible lenders and borrowers whole again. Hedge funds and ultra large investors using 10 to 1 leverage (usually to to cause short squeezes) will be bailed out. The market shall only go up.

596312[/snapback]

596322[/snapback]

Having a little background in statistics...it is not impossible......but the odds are very very low on this one.... :rolleyes:

596312[/snapback]

596322[/snapback]

Having a little background in statistics...it is not impossible......but the odds are very very low on this one.... :rolleyes:

596323[/snapback]

They will try, but ultimately, they will fail. After all, who will be the ones to bail out the FED? They owe enough money as it is...

By itself, the Fed can't do anything. If all the FCBs join together and agree on the same course, that could be a dangerous outcome.

Because of this, sometimes I wonder whether the solution is a political one as opposed to an economic one.

The Japanese and the US Depression are great examples of government creating extra hurdles to aggravate and extend their respective crisis.

I wonder if the Arkansas taxpayers mind paying this guy's pension.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../a055328D46.DTL

Arkansas Couple Welcomes 17th Child

It's a girl ? again ? for the Duggars. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar welcomed their 17th child, and seventh daughter, into the world Thursday.

Less than 30 minutes after giving birth, the Duggars already were talking of having more.

"We'd love to have more," Michelle said, adding that the girls are outnumbered seven to 10 in the family. "We love the ruffles and lace."

"We are just so grateful to God for another gift from him," said Jim Bob Duggar, 42, a former state representative. "We are just so thankful to him that everything went just very well."

I wonder if the Arkansas taxpayers mind paying this guy's pension.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../a055328D46.DTL

Arkansas Couple Welcomes 17th Child

It's a girl ? again ? for the Duggars. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar welcomed their 17th child, and seventh daughter, into the world Thursday.

Less than 30 minutes after giving birth, the Duggars already were talking of having more.

"We'd love to have more," Michelle said, adding that the girls are outnumbered seven to 10 in the family. "We love the ruffles and lace."

"We are just so grateful to God for another gift from him," said Jim Bob Duggar, 42, a former state representative. "We are just so thankful to him that everything went just very well."

596328[/snapback]

What is it about those Arkansas politicans and sex? Geez keep it in your pants fellas.... <_<

If this credit tightening continues it's going to affect more than home prices. Imagine if credit tightens in the auto loan market? How about tightening in student loans? All big ticket items are going to be affected.

there have been huge amounts of inflation in home prices and edumacation costs... both enabled by easy credit.

596305[/snapback]

Too many people bought homes they couldn't afford. Too many morons in college.

596309[/snapback]

Don't you mean "Too many morons out of college."? :lol:

596318[/snapback]

NO! He MEANT ToO many MORANS in coolidge!

Just like he sed!

The unemployment rate is a pretty useless statistic. It's another fabrication manipulated like inflation to serve political interests.

As long as there are three jobs and only three people are looking, unemployment is zero.

Archived