Market Nails The Targets

here goes the first stoolie post from an iPhone.  The screen is great.  Typing is tedious but not as bad as some keyboards I've tried.  Site comes up with wee tiny text but it's readable.  Craziest thing is that even when the full size screen is smooshed down to 1.5  x 2 inch screen I was still able to carefully select the "Mark to Market" link.

Copyright sensitive Youtube viewer makes it a real bummer for funnin' around.

B)

589495[/snapback]

I wonder if they allow real 3rd party apps. Would be interesting to port Firefox to the thing. Did you get some AAPL to go along with that machine?

589499[/snapback]

I'm back on my Dell again, and I'm pretty impressed with the thing. It's better than any PDA type computer I've seen, but it's not going to replace a full screen computer yet. I used the web browser to navigate to Youtube. When I did that I got a full sized page but I was looking at it through a tiny 1.5"x2" viewer and I had to slide the page around to find the search text box and buttons. When I entered a search term "NMA" ( Stool house band nominee "North Mississippi All-Stars" ) I got a list of videos ( I got 'No Videos" error on the iPhone viewer ) but I wasn't able to play any because I didn't have the Shock-wave plug-in. I used the link to the Shockwave site and the choice was for two different Mac version downloads (PowerMac and something else ) but I didn't know which one to pick and since it ain't my iPhone I didn't go experimenting.

The phone was bought as a test machine by wife who is mid/upper level management in the IT department at *(a large internationally known University in the geographic center of PENNsylvania, a STATE in the usa ) the place where I first met her oh those many years ago, but I digress... her and the staff will get this stuff all figured out next week. For now, it joined our home wireless net, our seven year old figured out how to change the wallpaper on her own, I can see and use this site very nicely, the misses is having trouble getting the email set up and connected, and if we get around to it tomorrow, we may try a phone call.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoolies invade China.........

The world's biggest public restroom has opened in Chongqing with over 1,000 toilets. The four-story public bathroom features an Egyptian facade, soothing muzak, and unique urinals, including ones inside open crocodile mouths and several topped by female busts resembling the Virgin Mary.

There is also an open-air section for those who prefer to take a dump al fresco.

"We are spreading toilet culture. People can listen to gentle music and watch TV," swaid Lu Xiaoqing, an official with the Yangrenjie, or "Foreigners Street".

"After they use the bathroom, they will be very, very happy," said Lu.

Stoolie heaven.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHI...-07-06-09-18-37

Oh, and as to me holding any APPL, I don't, I'm a WinTel biggot from way back, but every time Apple does something like this I get to hear the "I told you they were a great company way back when the stock was $18 a share" speech all over again.

:lol:

Stoolies invade China.........

The world's biggest public restroom has opened in Chongqing with over 1,000 toilets. The four-story public bathroom features an Egyptian facade, soothing muzak, and unique urinals, including ones inside open crocodile mouths and several topped by female busts resembling the Virgin Mary.

There is also an open-air section for those who prefer to take a dump al fresco.

"We are spreading toilet culture. People can listen to gentle music and watch TV," swaid Lu Xiaoqing, an official with the Yangrenjie, or "Foreigners Street".

"After they use the bathroom, they will be very, very happy," said Lu.

Stoolie heaven.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CHI...-07-06-09-18-37

589503[/snapback]

Was in China in 1995. Back then in Beijing, they had public restrooms all over town. In need, I stopped into one to take a quick whizz. Upon entry, I immediately exited the place "holding it in", as it became apparent to me that the Chinese didn't believe in using ample running water. I'll leave it your imagination.

But I'll tickle it a bit; the only place you could find a sanitary toilet was at a 5 star Western hotel.

I'm all for promoting sanitary houses for stool worship.

Even more interesting is that the bullish engulfing candle on TNX came right at the re-test of the broken long-term downtrend line...

589440[/snapback]

Suds - I have every intention of selling paper next week starting with our corporate holdings, then mortgages, then agencies to establish a core short of 1/4 year.

I will add to the short on any strength for the foreseeable future. Rates are now on synchronous sell signals and I will give credence to the lt monthly indicator.

:mellow:

589459[/snapback]

SEAMUS, glad to see you back. What is a core short of 1/4 year. Thanks :unsure:

here goes the first stoolie post from an iPhone.  The screen is great.  Typing is tedious but not as bad as some keyboards I've tried.  Site comes up with wee tiny text but it's readable.  Craziest thing is that even when the full size screen is smooshed down to 1.5  x 2 inch screen I was still able to carefully select the "Mark to Market" link.

Copyright sensitive Youtube viewer makes it a real bummer for funnin' around.

B)

589495[/snapback]

I wonder if they allow real 3rd party apps. Would be interesting to port Firefox to the thing. Did you get some AAPL to go along with that machine?

589499[/snapback]

I'm back on my Dell again, and I'm pretty impressed with the thing. It's better than any PDA type computer I've seen, but it's not going to replace a full screen computer yet. I used the web browser to navigate to Youtube. When I did that I got a full sized page but I was looking at it through a tiny 1.5"x2" viewer and I had to slide the page around to find the search text box and buttons. When I entered a search term "NMA" ( Stool house band nominee "North Mississippi All-Stars" ) I got a list of videos ( I got 'No Videos" error on the iPhone viewer ) but I wasn't able to play any because I didn't have the Shock-wave plug-in. I used the link to the Shockwave site and the choice was for two different Mac version downloads (PowerMac and something else ) but I didn't know which one to pick and since it ain't my iPhone I didn't go experimenting.

The phone was bought as a test machine by wife who is mid/upper level management in the IT department at *(a large internationally known University in the geographic center of PENNsylvania, a STATE in the usa ) the place where I first met her oh those many years ago, but I digress... her and the staff will get this stuff all figured out next week. For now, it joined our home wireless net, our seven year old figured out how to change the wallpaper on her own, I can see and use this site very nicely, the misses is having trouble getting the email set up and connected, and if we get around to it tomorrow, we may try a phone call.

589502[/snapback]

Power is the IBM Power PC architecture which Apple used to use. They then went to Intel chips. Your iPhone uses an ARM processor and there probably isn't a port of shockwave available. Yet.

Phoenix, AZ  :o RE mark-it is busted :ph34r:  pic source

589476[/snapback]

Bank REO's now growing in that chart as specuvestor's can't find buyers for their huts.

An article in Today's San Jose Mercury News also talked about a rare thing in the valley: banks are starting to get stuck with properties they can't sell.

It's a slow motion train wreck but we are starting to get to the good parts.

Even more interesting is that the bullish engulfing candle on TNX came right at the re-test of the broken long-term downtrend line...

589440[/snapback]

Suds - I have every intention of selling paper next week starting with our corporate holdings, then mortgages, then agencies to establish a core short of 1/4 year.

I will add to the short on any strength for the foreseeable future. Rates are now on synchronous sell signals and I will give credence to the lt monthly indicator.

:mellow:

589459[/snapback]

SEAMUS, glad to see you back. What is a core short of 1/4 year. Thanks :unsure:

589507[/snapback]

modified duration = approximate calendar time period. so if the lehman agg has a mod dur of 4.75 i plan on having the assets total 4.50. Lower mod dur = less interest rate sensitivity.

Strange that Natural Gas has not taken off with the hot weather in the west. Air conditioners electrical demand has to be fantastic - energy supplied mostly by NG.

So much for fundymentals.

589516[/snapback]

It is only a matter of time. Everything is going up. Sure the US may have some isolated problems but the WORLD is rapidly expanding. Do not fight the last war. Let us old farts unite and find some oportunities. Russ at Technical Talk made a good point about copper. I am posting it because of how the Armstrong date has been viewed here as an excuse for a top.

The fact that copper bottomed exactly on Martin Armstrong's 8.6 year pi cycle is extremely bullish and as we know so goes copper so goes the economy.

post-1333-1183818408_thumb.jpg

Thanks mmoy and md.  I'll try to keep the board updated with what we learn about this thing.  It looks to be an important next step in computer evolution.

evolution.jpg

589514[/snapback]

When Blackberry came out with its first e-mail capability (PDA) i bought one and talked my IT dept into following the direction they gave so my company e-mail could be directed to my blackberry. It was a great leap forward in my business as I could stay in immediate contact with clients and staff while being in the road both for business and pleasure, in fact during the summer I could take off on a Wed to do some camping and be able to send E-mails to staff and customers and they all thought I was busy working. :lol:

Just a note I could not edit the e-mails or have any internet access but could forward them and create new e-mails.

Another chart I got from TT. Nasdaq 100 equally weighted sure does not look to bad.

post-1333-1183821351_thumb.jpg

Archived