Mark's Thread For The Weak End

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the Stones last nite..opened with Brown Sugar and played for 2.25 hours.

Still the greatest rock and roll band in the world.

The way he looks, it is amazing that Keith Richard is alive, much less playing like he still does.

Anyway , if the show comes to your town, I wouldn't miss it..

Although my ears are still ringing :grin:

Super Bowel Indicator -- doesn't this give hope to the bulls?

Anyone know how often it's been right? :blink:

And I thought the ads were disappointing too. B) Although Stoolies undoubtedly enjoyed the one where the upside down clown was drinking through his butt.... :grin:

Here's the amazing paragraph (amazing, that is, that it would be on CNNMoney.com):

"There's one big difference between now and then, however: price. When the Gulf War began the S&P 500 was trading at around 15 times the trailing year's earnings under generally accepted accounting principles. Now that P/E is around 28. "

BORKER ALERT

Mob's short pick SSP was borked by Eugene Peroni on Nightly Business Report Friday. Typically borked stocks rise on the Monday following such picks. Perhaps a chance for entry again..... By the way, every one of Peroni's picks the last time he was on, was DOWN as of last Friday. Heh heh.

Damn I love this!

Bloodhound picked up a scent again. That damn red tide drives him nuts;-)

Major Piles is locking and loading.

Futures are heading south.

It won?t be a pretty site.

Bullies are heading for the hills.

The bears are looking for blood.

What a crew we have here. Nothing but the finest!

Fallstreet, eat your heart out!

Takachi:

I hear ya, ford and gm are playing with fire. But hey, gm had record qt, now take out the pension deficit and they are in deep sh#t. Record losses not to mention 0% for over a year. This is going to get real ugly. They go to bk court, their bonds become worthless and will destroy other pension plans.

Drano:

Amazing isn?t it? Goes to show we have a hell of a long ways to go to show some sanity. The sadamn factor should drive the pe down a nice bit.

Be careful, the tricksters will be out in full force tomorrow.

CYA

THE BIG MOVE DOWN HAS RESUMED

The rally lasted through October, November, December, most of January - about time.

A frustrating wait for a lot of stoolies - I noticed the heat out there.

Though interestingly the VIX did not get down to the low 20's which signaled the bowel evacuation of the last two rallies.????

Adam Hamiltons latest essay pontificates on this fact.

Just goes to show no indicator is absolutely reliable. If they were then everyone would make money.

Personnaly I think the more traders follow an indicator the less usefull it becomes. It is anticipated too much and losses its predictive power.

THE STRANGE DESIRE FOR LOW PROBABILITY EVENTS

One thing I noticed during the recently ended rally was the desire and prediction among stoolies for two low probability events.

(a) a blow off top in the middle of a bear rally

(B) a crash in the middle of a bear rally.

These type of events have just not happened in this bear market and will not happen - particularly in the middle of bear market rallies.

Indeed the really rapid movements are during the almost vertical fall at the end of a bear down move followed by the shooting star of a bear rallly begining.

Indeed a rapid fall over 2-3 weeks followed by an even more rapid gain (both ending/beginning at new lows) signals that the primary bear move has ended and a bear rally has begun.

JESSIE LIVERMORE DEFUNCTIS

Jessie got wiped out by going long too early in the great 29-32 bear.

There were 5-6 bear rallies in that one.

He thought one of the rallies was the bottom - and held on to long.

A very dangerous thing to think indeed.

A lot of bears probably think this last rally is the bottom and will get livermored.

Livermored: A bear who thinks a bear market rally is realy the first move in a bull market.

THE PETER LYNCH INTERVIEW

Obviously poor Peter has been trundled out by the fall street investment borker/CEO complex to stick his reputation in the stock market dyke which has an enormous bear hole in it.

It will get washed away with all the other bull market reputations going down the crapper.

Pity - he used to be a good stock picker - wrote a very good book called "One up on wall street" - read it if you want to make a mint in the next bull market.

Now he has changed his tune to "One with wall street".

Now he is just another highly paid shill for the procto complex - and has been trundeled out to earn his enormous salary - just a performing parrot.

Wise readers of the article will note that he brought his dog along to the interview.

He is signalling with his symbolism - not his words.

Archived