Long Weekend Discussion

she hates bush for invading countries for cheap , consistent supply of oil.?

What?

Oil has TRIPLED since Bush started "invading countries."

I'm well aware that facts mean nothing to most people today; they believe whatever they want to believe.

Still, how hard is it to like, uh, read something maybe once every couple years?

574405[/snapback]

My dear shorty, you doth collapse distinctions. Of course, Monkeyboy invaded the middle east to "secure" oil reserves to blackmail the rest of world, especially China, so that our failing empire could run the world a bit longer. The fact that as he did it, "Markets" ramped is just a pre-planned bonus. An upfront incentive for folks to fall in line, so to speak, as did the pod cast (on up front incentivising, I mean). ;)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tice gets a little play over in the NYT today.....

bear-190.jpg

Mr. Tice forecasts a 50 percent to 60 percent decline in the market over the next two years. ?What we have is gross credit excess? on both the personal and national levels, he said, and credit excesses fuel the speculative manias of classic boom-bust cycles. ?Individuals are using their homes as an A.T.M. machine with home equity loans,? he added.

50% to 60% decline....WTF?!?!?!?!.....Is that a lot?

NYT Article

574400[/snapback]

the problem is 50-60% lower from where ? is he talking about dow 7000 ?

574403[/snapback]

Worse --much worse--of curse depending on the time of the particular behaviour you've chosen to predict about.

For openers do you remember Roosevelt's speech in which he used the expression ,"We have nothing to fear except fear itself"?

It must have been '32-- and after which, by that time, many Americans had been through so much that a bewildering dread had taken hold of them,a dread that something unseen was ripping the vital guts out of them, and that that this gut wrenching fear was morphing into a generalised cowardice on a massive scale.

Why?

First,Imagine %25 unemployed;as for the rest, after counting the plutocracy out, and away from the fray ,merely a statistical pittance, commences a slow steady gradation downwards; passing one non-spending cohort after another until you start flying by those with no savings where spending becomes a mutilated verb from some language on the moon.

The one word characterising this suffering crowd and to which Roosevelt and his speech writers (in their genius) adressed was "FEAR'....stark,cold, naked fear. And this is the very ingredient lacking in our current journey into the economic unknown making behaviouur described above incomprehensible---

And its' absence is everything when comparing epochs.....and its absence partially explains why we,today, 2007 still have mass behaviour still bordering on the normal

But

If anyhting like a crash happens, even a slow motiion one, taking a few years to unfold, you'll know the feeling when it comes; other than Military men few people in the west experience it..Oh yes,most people have experienced momentary terror or fright which comes with great intensity, but usually passes away within a not too lenghthy duration: There are the differences between styles of fear; and it's the duration that contradistinguishes the two. The terror extended over time, a great deal of time,apparently endless until the very notion of death itself becomes a substitute for Bayer.

Thats why people find it hard to believe why things like real estate,Home ,the ultimate symbol of comfort and security, are sold at such low prices, because at such times they imagine seeing streetcorner vendors selling Real Estate in a rather smooth and rational manner.

Its like a 12th century Carribean native trying to imagine ICE.

Beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: maybe the world has changed , but I doubt it has that much.

A

Not to worry.? Lee means well, is over-informed (I know, an oxymoron) and has fallen prey to the worship of the status quo that has pushed risk premiums to near zero, where the Fed has pushed rates.? We will likely start down this week and not bottom until 2011 or 2012.?  :D

574408[/snapback]

And what if the opposite happens? Top in 2011 or 2012 and then into the abyss - as Harry Dent and those of the demographic school propose?

chart.gif

I don't usually watch that celebration of scumbag tRump, "The Apprentice," but I just turned on the TV and what are they showing? Trump breaking ground for the second of two towers IN LOS VEGAS, condos, that the suckers, I mean reality show contestants, have to design an ad for.

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE TOP IN LAS VEGAS REAL ESTATE ----- TONIGHT.

post-837-1176085207_thumb.jpg

Go to Yahoo! Finance and type in ^IXCO or ^IXK

I don't know the weightings, but there are 574 components. Would imagine MSFT is #1. It is cap-weighted.

574395[/snapback]

Pretty oddball collection of companies. Offhand, I think that a collection of smaller indexes would be a little easier to generally digest.

574396[/snapback]

Oddball? The IXCO is comprised of every technology company in the Nardsaq representing 50-55% of the entire index.

If you want some oddballs, try SWH, XLK and GSO:

---Key L/T resistance on SWH (Software Holders) is 43.16-43.52, about 8.8%-9.7% higher.

---Key L/T resistance on GSO (Computer Software Index) is 205ish, about 8% higher.

---The next key L/T resistance on XLK (Technology SPDRs) is 25.54, about 7% higher.

I list the key L/T resistance on IXCO about 7.6%-10.1% higher.

How 'bout dat? The broadest measure of tech (IXCO) as well as the narrower oddballs (SWH, GSO, XLK) are all in synch with key L/T resistance 7-10% higher. Funny how that works.

The weird thing is: tech bulls can't fathom that their beloved techsters might hit a brick wall 7-10% higher and tech (and general market) bears can't imagine these POS's even moving 7-10% higher.

Guess we'll find out shortly.

post-2169-1176087973_thumb.jpg

post-2169-1176087985_thumb.jpg

post-2169-1176087995_thumb.jpg

Tice gets a little play over in the NYT today.....

bear-190.jpg

Mr. Tice forecasts a 50 percent to 60 percent decline in the market over the next two years. ?What we have is gross credit excess? on both the personal and national levels, he said, and credit excesses fuel the speculative manias of classic boom-bust cycles. ?Individuals are using their homes as an A.T.M. machine with home equity loans,? he added.

50% to 60% decline....WTF?!?!?!?!.....Is that a lot?

NYT Article

574400[/snapback]

the problem is 50-60% lower from where ? is he talking about dow 7000 ?

574403[/snapback]

I will have to check out the global income fund. :rolleyes:

Not to worry.? Lee means well, is over-informed (I know, an oxymoron) and has fallen prey to the worship of the status quo that has pushed risk premiums to near zero, where the Fed has pushed rates.? We will likely start down this week and not bottom until 2011 or 2012.?? :D

574408[/snapback]

And what if the opposite happens? Top in 2011 or 2012 and then into the abyss - as Harry Dent and those of the demographic school propose?

chart.gif

574416[/snapback]

Weeelll, in that unlikely case, I'll continue to be a good donger and keep in line until the break down.

post-2253-1176089487_thumb.jpg

I have never, not once, believed that the ramp off the '03 lows was anything more than the greatest dead cat bounce in history. It's a time for extreme charts in everything from global temperature, to financial market manias. The end of of manias is tricky. But, with the current real estate market, the greatest bubble so far, melting as we speak. Liquidity is being strained. The US Goverment administration is losing the final confidence of all but their international cronies heading the other big 8 governments.

The reality of the approaching slowdown is seeping into mainstream media everewhere and has forged a new quizzical hesitation, that will be inevitably overcome for a little while and will then bite hard, for real. Time is now, all the rest is playing the charts in anticipation. At least that is what my financial advisor has assured me.

post-2253-1176089534_thumb.jpg

I tried to find a written confession made by an ex wall st financil engineer educated at mit--

Maybe some of you have read it within the past few days

Its essence was that ater him and many other boxcar loads of MIT grads arrived at the fields of clover and began occupying hi-powered trading desks something began to happen to them professionaly..

He noticed at first one would invent a turbocharged hedgetarian bombs away finacial torpedoe. Then when others saw the accolades he got, started to create their own WMD at a time in competition with each other

At the end of the essay he left you with the feeling that it was all becoming quite dangerous nonsense.....with math making the system more and more degeneratively complicated with greater and greater portions of it becoming misunderstood--

only a matter of time

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r:

for those facing forclosure, NOD, divorce, cashing out- Bankrate com and marketwatch have provided this handy 10 step plan to sell your house

Traditionally, spring and summer are "prime time" in most areas of the country when it comes to buying and selling homes. If that's when you plan to plant your "for sale" sign, here are 10 things you can do beforehand:

1. Recognize every market is different.

2. Get your home inspected.

3. Shape up before marketing.

4. Devise a marketing plan.

5. Check into company relocation assistance.

6. Interview real estate agents.

7. Set a price.

8. Understand your price.

9. Get rid of the junk.

10. Stay on top of the market.

Easy money :P

New records.........

Poor machinehead over at Prudent Bear Chat is still beating the bear drum.

"Shanghai's fresh surge to record highs, in light of the six increases in bank reserve requirements and three rate hikes, is insane. Clearly the government will be obliged to whack out-of-control speculators again, with even more aggressive liquidity withdrawals. A determined government will always win these contests eventually."

w?s=000001.SS

Archived