• Created
  • Last Reply

Bush To Nominate McCarthy To Be Assistant Tsy Secy For Mgmt

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--The White House said Wednesday that President Bush

will nominate Peter B. McCarthy to be assistant secretary of the Treasury for

management.

McCarthy previously served as deputy managing director of the Institute of

International Finance. He has also served as a senior vice president of Bank

One and a vice president of Chase Manhattan Bank.

McCarthy has a bachelor's degree from Cornell University and a master's

degree from Southern Methodist University.

This is who they need to run the treasury at least then it would accurately reflect current spending habits....

fbs_3.jpg

personal_finance_credit_cards.jpg

obesity_1.jpg

tbrn11l.jpg

What's with the Elliot wavers.  Talk of 1520 SnPee in a few weeks  :huh:

573730[/snapback]

I'm crossing my fingers that we get such a move.

My longer-term, intermed targets are about 8-10% higher on the Nasquack, putting the Q-balls somewhere $48-$49 (altho the Q's don't really hit critical resistance until about $51+.) If the Quack rises another 8-10%, I would imagine the Spooz could hit 1500-1520.

That would be a grand spot to look for a real top, not a faux one like Feb.

When the time comes, Peru will be a great sell. Some of the classic signs are there already. Valuations are rich in some sectors, but not at all in others...so the signs are mixed there. The problem is how to play it. You can't short local shares, only the ones with an ADR. And the only real peruvian pure play is BAP, the largest bank. BVN is more of a global gold story, moving more in tandem with other gold stocks than with the local market. PCU is a good choice, but now has half of its business outside Peru. CUP would be a slam dunk, as it is only in its pre-operating stage.

They'll probably have a monster of a housing rally after the stock market collapses.

573734[/snapback]

:lol:

I'm actually convinced of it. While every one here is pouring money in to the market, I am the only one of my friends that is investing in real estate these days. It's dirt cheap, really.

post-1762-1175720741_thumb.jpg

Fed's Fisher: "Foreign treasury buying shows confidence in the U.S. dinar."

Wonder what Doc would say 'bout dat. :P

573746[/snapback]

It's either "confidence"... or sumptin else....

post-1110-1175720690_thumb.jpg

WSE Pro currently open chart picks still 11 for 11 with gains. That's the third day in a row that all 11 picks are ahead. That's NEVER happened before. Scary. I keep feeling like I should just dump them all to preserve the record.

Still 6 long and 5 short. All picks are from the S&P 500. No high beta screamers. Grinding it out fair and square. :lol: Average gain per trade now 8% with an average holding period of 3 weeks and a day. The 4 oldest picks are now well into double digit gains-- not margined.

Anyway, it's been a good run. Can I keep it up?

Hmmm.... if I can just remember which dart it was that I used.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fed's Fisher: "Foreign treasury buying shows confidence in the U.S. dinar."

Wonder what Doc would say 'bout dat. :P

573746[/snapback]

It's either "confidence"... or sumptin else....

arm_twist.jpg

573748[/snapback]

Russ calls it the "Godfather Protection Racket".

I call it vendor financing. Or subsidizing your customers.

some of the companies at the coal face are trying to put a positive spin on the economy but dont sound very convincing... ;)

Ford's N. America head sees housing slump hit pickups

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. (F.N: Quote, Profile, Research) could take the biggest hit among automakers from weakness in the housing and credit markets, its North American operations head said, because of its dominance in the market for pickup trucks, the staple vehicle of the construction industry.

No immediate uptick in industry auto sales is in sight, Ford's Mark Fields also told reporters at the New York International Auto Show on Wednesday, with mixed signals coming from the U.S. housing market.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN0442473820070404

Archived