Bi-Polar Behavior

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lifetime highs on crappy volume. But it may be holiday-related. It's got a 3-day short ration too.

KSS20070402.png

573055[/snapback]

Got my eye on this little monkey....waiting for my opportunity....again, I think the company is fine, but it will get sucked down with the reat of retail if retail stumbles, and being that it is testing all time highs makes it an even better candidate as opposed to something like RSH or other retailers that are having "issues."

Just glad I didn't try to short on the early March I/D low of $65... :D :D :D :D Oooooo-faaaaaaa that would have hurt!

The Maginot/Magnet Line. Above the line, test the bulls patience, below the line test the bears sanity. Poor bears, sell open and up, sell open and up. Pigmen have this one on autopilot or what.

I'm in full bearsuit mode, that's gotta mean flinging selves to new highs. Over that orange-y line and bloggerland wins. :ph34r:

post-2160-1175551174_thumb.jpg

Eye on 1436 futures line, lots of head banging and rejects on that for days. Not holding on to short too far above that for tomorrow.

Now for an 80 point gap down hangover. :ph34r:

Did I mention I was bearish :Dpost-2160-1175551593_thumb.jpg

Interest rates look like going up tomorrow in OZ.

Some parts of the economy are absolutely booming,yet other parts are in virtual recession.

I cant ever recall seeing such extreme economic conditions.

To some people its the end of the world,whilst others its not on the radar.

Some people are living like Gods ,whilst others can barely afford a feed.

Strange,strange days indeed.

As to where the ORBS is going???

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Another near "Blunderous" call.

My girlfriend has one IRA account which is being managed by her 80-year old dad. A very stubborn, very rich Jewish attorney from Long Island. He has her entire account piled into Con Ed because its a "safe" utility paying over a 4% yield.

Of course, last spring, I was screaming and yelling at her to get that money either into an index fund or something more diversified.

She called her dad, gave him my advice, and he said "forget it".

At that time, here is how Con Ed was trading:

big.chart?symb=ed&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=45736&style=320&freq=1&startdate=5%2F12%2F2005&enddate=5%2F15%2F2006&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=6127&mocktick=1

Now look at it. Today, he was gloating, saying that "your boyfriend is a stupid fool who knows nothing about investing"

Oh, well....

Family politics. Cannot win....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

big.chart?symb=ed&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=45736&style=320&time=8&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=1780&mocktick=1&rand=8475

M&T Bank slammed pretty hard today. Down over 8%. I didn't realize that Buffett was a player in M&T Bank. Berkshire has been in a consolidation for over three months and it can go sideways for very long periods of time. I'm out at the moment but I keep an eye on it. Breakouts in Berkshire tend to be rewarding.

Another near "Blunderous" call.

My girlfriend has one IRA account which is being managed by her 80-year old dad.  A very stubborn, very rich Jewish attorney from Long Island.  He has her entire account piled into Con Ed because its a "safe" utility paying over a 4% yield.

Of course, last spring, I was screaming and yelling at her to get that money either into an index fund or something more diversified.

She called her dad, gave him my advice, and he said "forget it".

At that time, here is how Con Ed was trading:

big.chart?symb=ed&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=45736&style=320&freq=1&startdate=5%2F12%2F2005&enddate=5%2F15%2F2006&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=6127&mocktick=1

Now look at it.  Today, he was gloating, saying that "your boyfriend is a stupid fool who knows nothing about investing"

Oh, well....

Family politics.  Cannot win....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

big.chart?symb=ed&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=45736&style=320&time=8&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=1780&mocktick=1&rand=8475

573076[/snapback]

You should graciously tell him that he was right and you were wrong and ask him for a few tips. That should raise his opinion of you a few notches.

The market makers stole my HTE (Canadian Royalty Energy Trust)shares today.

How?

I had a stop loss at $24.00, they took the price down to exactly that, grabbed my shares and then took it back up again.

Todays chart on HTE looks like a perfect V down to get my shares.

I wish I could tell everyone that this is funny, but it isn't. So much for the SEC regulating this. Simply put, this should be illegal but I am not so sure it is.

As soon as I noticed what happened, I sold my CNE as well. I might not get back in to the market for a while if ever. I can't stand that kind of dishonesty and manipulation.

Furthermore, treating a Canroy like a tech stock is ludricous. I feel like it is the year 2000 and I am trading CSCO again.

Everytime they do this to someone, they risk losing the liquidity that person generated forever. People don't like to be swindled.

The market makers stole my HTE (Canadian Royalty Energy Trust)shares today.

How?

I had a stop loss at $24.00, they took the price down to exactly that, grabbed my shares and then took it back up again.

Todays chart on HTE looks like a perfect V down to get my shares.

I wish I could tell everyone that this is funny, but it isn't. So much for the SEC regulating this. Simply put, this should be illegal but I am not so sure it is.

As soon as I noticed what happened, I sold my CNE as well. I might not get back in to the market for a while if ever. I can't stand that kind of dishonesty and manipulation.

Furthermore, treating a Canroy like a tech stock is ludricous. I feel like it is the year 2000 and I am trading CSCO again.

Everytime they do this to someone, they risk losing the liquidity that person generated forever. People don't like to be swindled.

573079[/snapback]

That's why I tend to put stocks like HTE and PVX in my long-term accounts. I didn't even notice HTE today though that was mainly as I was in the office and I don't have a live chart setup for HTE in the office. PVX can have some wild swings too.

I hate getting shaken out of something that I fundamentally really like.

Martialcomp,

It is hard not to take this caper personally at times.

I am whats known as a 'weak' hand.

The pigmen know , down to the cent, exactly how far they can push me before I capitulate.It is simply amazing how they manage to do it everytime.

I went long a major brewer in Oz last week using the highly dangerous 'Turbo ' warrants.

Here is how it worked.

I bought 10000 warrants at .41c.

Strike price $6.40

Price at the time $6.68

The price ran right down to $6.51

The warrants hit .24c

I sold and lost $1700.

Next day the stock up nearly 4%

warrants hit .64c

I am becoming a cry baby but gee it gives me the shits that I am so easily played.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger .

:lol: :lol:

Archived