&

*STERN SAYS GROWTH CAN BE SUSTAINED IN `FACE OF DISRUPTIONS'

*FED'S STERN SAYS U.S. ECONOMY IS `RESILIENT AND FLEXIBLE'

?????????

post-1762-1175186653_thumb.jpg

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never underestimate the power of the fourth haipu line!? Gap fills all around...

t?s=%5EGSPCt?s=%5ERUT

572090[/snapback]

Bejesus.. Joseph and Mary....argh...I closed my rydex shorts this morning at the 10:45 cutoff... why I could just..

post-1110-1175185551_thumb.jpg

572099[/snapback]

Why are you using rydex? Why not the QID or SDS?

572112[/snapback]

Maybe because I'm a slow learner :rolleyes: Usually my trades are swing trades over two weeks on average... sometimes shorter.... I've used them for many years and I like the no fees for the trades... those are the pluses. On the negative side you have no stops and your times to enter/exit are only twice a day at 10:45AM and 3:55PM. These can be big negatives in a shanky/cranky market.

I do plan on using the QLD and QID more in the future....but your question is a very valid one...

From Gloomberg:

*STERN AGREES WITH BERNANKE ASSESSMENT ON INFLATION BIAS

*STERN SAYS `THE BULK' OF HOME CONSTRUCTION DOWNTURN IS PAST

*STERN: SUBPRIME PROBLEMS UNLIKELY TO HAVE BIG OVERALL EFFECT

&

?????????

572114[/snapback]

or...

post-2304-1175187001_thumb.jpg

Hope someone here was holding some LSS, a stock that has been mentioned many times.

Taken out today by X for 36% preemie, back to slightly above the level it was at the May06 high.

Looks like the Big Steelies are using their newfound robustitude to do a little M&A.

X also trading up to new ATHs on the deal. US Steel now up 1,000% since 3/03 lows.

Materials sectoid continues to be the market's best-performing group in all time frames over past five years. But all of this M&A within the sector hints that it might be nearing one of those "as good as it gets" moments. Or maybe not.

572043[/snapback]

Once again I missed the boat :angry:

572104[/snapback]

As per Wndy, your clue that something was up with LSS was that 20% Pigshank in late Feb that was quickly recovered (basically the same day). Once they tossed all the mo-mo birds overboard by running stops, the coast was clear for the upcoming Jackamo fee nan?.

572109[/snapback]

you have so many tools... nice catch :)

post-1110-1175187117_thumb.jpg

From Gloomberg:

&

?????????

572114[/snapback]

Hard to believe Howard Stern could have been married to Anna Nicole Smith, isn't it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT:

ARRRRGGGHHHHH

Late again

post-837-1175187469_thumb.jpg

Markets coming to terms with no or slow growth. Bright shiny beads for sale and no buyers. To busy putting food on the table. As Hadjin noted yesterday, the residents of Balboa Island have money lasting into future generation not representative of the masses today.

I don't think a war is going to help fund the economy much this time around either.

Any day now the miners will stop being beat up on. Money sneaking into the wantnabes.

2 Cent cranky-shanky. Movado made number but estimated '08 2cents below current analcyst estimate.

ka Pow!

post-2253-1175187460_thumb.jpg

UTIW, missed by 2 cents but revenues were ahead of estimates. Labor costs higher than expected.

Slam!

post-2253-1175187531_thumb.jpg

Should we buy immediately for the LSS effect?

From Gloomberg:

&

?????????

572114[/snapback]

What are the odds that Fedheads would say the economy is sustainable, resilient and flexible?

We could be entering a multi-year boom or within weeks of a depression and these guys (and gals) would be saying the exact same thing.

As predicted, the new Iran War is going to be a massive gold mine for HAL and KBR.

big.chart?symb=hal&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=2303&style=320&time=18&freq=7&nosettings=1&rand=8607&mocktick=1&rand=734

big.chart?symb=kbr&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=2453886&style=320&time=18&freq=7&nosettings=1&rand=9939&mocktick=1&rand=9251

572119[/snapback]

Excellent Pigshank? on HAL last Tuesday. My compliments to the chef.

BTW, has there ever been a picture of Deadeye Dick smiling that doesn't look like he's about to eat a baby?

As predicted, the new Iran War is going to be a massive gold mine for HAL and KBR.

big.chart?symb=hal&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=2303&style=320&time=18&freq=7&nosettings=1&rand=8607&mocktick=1&rand=734

big.chart?symb=kbr&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=2453886&style=320&time=18&freq=7&nosettings=1&rand=9939&mocktick=1&rand=9251

572119[/snapback]

HAL bought on Mark-to-market recommendation earlier the week. Taking half of profits here. Thanks Mark ;)

Archived