Flat is As Flat Does

Here's a curiousity:

The Spooz futes dumped from 1478 at the Feb top down to the Mar 14 low of 1376.

That's basically the exact move made by the SPX in Jan 2000 when it waterfalled from 1478 down to 1377 on the first few days of 2000.

Of course, that was the index itself while this time it was the futes. But odd that the nums are essentially identical.

The pattern from 2000 ultimately showed two lower lows (1350 in late Jan, then 1325 in late Feb) prior to the gigantamous boner up to 1553 by March 24, 2000, a top which has held for seven years and counting.

Don't know if it means anything.......

post-2169-1174779911_thumb.png

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really interesting that bulls have fixed in their minds another major launch from the March 5 lows in the market when just prior to that time in the NDX I could of sworn we were under distribution.

I took our present quarterly closes on the NDX and projected it out into June and if one was moderately bullish one could expect to see June 30 close at the 1840 area or above, and if one was moderate they could expect to see the NDX close back down to the 1760 area. We have to assume in the next week the NDX actually close in the same price as this week.

The "bearish shorty" view would be enclosed by the circle top.

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1174787867.png

here is an update on that house I posted about 1 month ago...notice that they have changed agents and lowered the price by $90k..

http://www.remax.com.au/results.aspx?class...rPage=10&Page=5

PS I am going long all the banks in OZ as it appears that a round of massive mergers and aquisitions is upon us.

Go figure... :o  :huh:

570629[/snapback]

Last line of the add is the best.....

Something Special ? Slashed By In Excess of $90,000 - Selling Well Below Replacement Cost - This Property Won't Last

- Absolute Luxury Living Throughout

- Perfect Presentation Inside & Out

- The List of Inclusions Is Too Big To Mention

- Fully Ducted Air-Conditioning

- Sparkling In-ground Pool

- Vogue Living At It's Best

- Surround Sound System With Huge Plasma Screen Included

- The Home Is Just Too Big For The Current Owners

Now just replace the word "Home" with "Mortgage" :P

Keep an eye on the GOOG....

Moritz's Real Google Conflict

The internets are all in a kerfluffle over why Michael Moritz, uberpartner at Sequoia Capital, has decided to step down from Google's (GOOG) board. Some have even speculated that Sequoia has some secret little Google-slaying search-engine startup in the works, and that's why Moritz is stepping down.

http://blogs.business2.com/beta/2007/03/moritzs_real_go.html

If you like Shorty here is a likely scenario I painted for ya on the NDX

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1174788064.png

570633[/snapback]

that is encouraging, thanks

butt I'm still looking for a re-test of 1,000

looking to buy it there if it holds

I'm bullish long-term

ya can't lose buyin' these dips

fine quality NASDAQ 100 investment securities

clean honest balance sheets, big fat Guaranteed cash dividend payouts, no dilution with stock options

Today on Bulls & Bears (my favorite weekend self-torture) this guy....

422.gif

Kicked this guy's ass....also note the bio below.....basically just an inept loser....

5_61_smith_gary_320.jpg

Gary B. Smith joined FOX News Channel in 1999 and is currently a regular commentator on Bulls & Bears, including his own segment called, "The Chartman."

Smith is known as one of America?s top ?chartists,? helping investors chart the course to financial freedom with his expert technical analysis.

Smith is a managing member of Exemplar Capital, a hedge fund opening in mid-'06.

From 1997 through 2005, Smith was a contributing editor for RealMoney.com and wrote for RealMoney.com and TheStreet.com. Smith also wrote a daily subscription newsletter for TheStreet.com called ?The Chartman?s Top Stocks."

He worked for IBM from 1980 to 1995 in various marketing and consulting jobs and wrote for Sports Illustrated from 1995 to 1997.

Smith graduated from Duke University in 1979 with bachelor's degrees in management science and economics. He graduated from Lehigh University in 1980 with an MBA.

IMF to urge further deprecation of dollar-paper

The International Monetary Fraud will say further deprecation of the U.S. dollar is needed to help correct global imbalances in its latest World Economic Outlook, due to be published in mid-April.

Thanks to solid growth in the 13-nation euro zone, the ECB would not create problems by jacking its main lending rate to about 4.0 percent from 3.75 percent at present, the IMF said.

I wonder if the latest Iran hostage crisis was a set-up.

Maybe Iran took the sucker bait and now they're stuck holding 15 hot potatoes that can be used as an excuse to attack them.

George W. Bush is not Jimmy Carter. He won't be sending just a few lame helicopters.

Archived