Flat is As Flat Does

jickiss is back!

and,

for sure,

Arthur Conan Doyle was Kinghted. On October 24, 1902.

it really is, ought to be, and for ever shall be: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

here is a snippet summary, from the above link.

For the record.

"Conan Doyle seriously considered refusing the offer. He did not see why he should receive such recognition for merely doing his duty. His mother, who loved family history and heraldry, was horrified to learn that her son might refuse knighthood. She wrote him and argued that he should accept the honor.

In the end Conan Doyle did decide to accept. On October 24, 1902 Arthur Conan Doyle, because of his services to the Crown, became Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. "

Doyle, Kipling, Fleming.

yup!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Jersey's finances are a mess. Gov. Jon Corzine and the state Legislature are trying to close a $2 billion budget gap for the current year without adding to the state's whopping $30 billion debt. So who ya gonna call when you need a few billion? State workers. The state has offered its workers a new CONtract that would raise the retirement age to 60 from 55 and require that workers increase their contributions to the state pension fraud and, for the first time, contribute to the cost of their medical coverage.

THEN WHEN THEY GET TO 59 1/2 RAISE THE RETIREMENT AGE TO 65. :lol:

things im in ....  CCJ ~ i sold 40 calls, question i have .... can i get called before the op ex date ?? im oping i do get called as i have wrote calls a couple times already; so if i get called i wont be upset.  plus id rather get rid of it

570506[/snapback]

40 calls, that is 4000 shares, Yes, the options can be exercised at any time, That is a big bet by my standards'. I assume you are long the stock or you will get a margin call. 4000 share times 40d/share is 160000frns :huh:

I smell a rat.

They also got rid of a similar amount of liabilities so that their residual was not adversely impacted. Smells like a stunt to transfer some bad loans (underperforming assets) and offsetting liabilities to an off balance sheet entity.

570533[/snapback]

That sounds like an old Enron trick. :lol: How long can they keep all the balls in the air? B)

things im in ....? CCJ ~ i sold 40 calls, question i have .... can i get called before the op ex date ?? im oping i do get called as i have wrote calls a couple times already; so if i get called i wont be upset.? plus id rather get rid of it

570506[/snapback]

I think Cameco will be breaking out to new highs soon - a few months.

570541[/snapback]

I almost bought some today. :rolleyes:

things im in ....? CCJ ~ i sold 40 calls, question i have .... can i get called before the op ex date ?? im oping i do get called as i have wrote calls a couple times already; so if i get called i wont be upset.? plus id rather get rid of it

570506[/snapback]

40 calls, that is 4000 shares, Yes, the options can be exercised at any time, That is a big bet by my standards'. I assume you are long the stock or you will get a margin call. 4000 share times 40d/share is 160000frns :huh:

570556[/snapback]

I aSSume what was meant is strike price of 40, not quantity of 40

butt yes, they can aSSign you early, on some of the calls or all of them

and that would be a good thing because it would free up your caSSh earlier for reinvestment

I visited my old appraisal firm yesterday. They said they are now appraising houses down 20% from where they were at the peak levels. They are using MLS listings for comps because the listing prices are below those of the recently closed sales, and they are adjusting down from there.

Ummm, so when do you plan to buy your old house back? Good move, by the way.

I smell a rat.

They also got rid of a similar amount of liabilities so that their residual was not adversely impacted. Smells like a stunt to transfer some bad loans (underperforming assets) and offsetting liabilities to an off balance sheet entity.

570533[/snapback]

That sounds like an old Enron trick. :lol: How long can they keep all the balls in the air? B)

570557[/snapback]

I would post that image of "Red Bull Balls" except that Doc might get offended.

it is finally dawning on the pundits that maybe it is the 'mortgages' that the sheeple are shackled to,is the reason that the encumbent government in OZ has gone from Chocolates to boiled lollies in the space of a few months...

It's the mortgage, stupid

THERE are polls that predict the future, and there are futures that predict the polls. Over the past two weeks, we have had clear messages from both. Neither is good for the Howard Government.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/its...4597889112.html

Shorty's Predictions Are Here:

Arson investigators are trying to determine what started a roaring fire early this morning that swept through two luxury condominium buildings under construction in Torrance ...

.... People have started moving into other buildings in the development, with condos there selling for around $700,000.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/articles/6664827.html

the punters continue to call the Reserve banks bluff...

Reserve rate rise talk seems to be working

IF THE Reserve Bank's aim last week was to scare financial markets and consumers about further interest rate rises, it's worked beautifully.

Economists have joined investors in tipping the increased likelihood of another rate rise, possibly as soon as next month.

The central bank's moves to put an end to the inconvenient media stories of possible rate cuts later this year, started with governor Glenn Stevens' testimony in Perth last month, when he said rates were more likely to go up than down. He also sent a clear message to Canberra: the central bank won't hold back just because it's an election year.

But investors virtually ignored these hints, with bank bill futures barely budging.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/res...4152970099.html

QANTAS takeover deal blows up.

A key Australian shareholder rejected the Macquarie Bank-led, $8.6 billion takeover offer for the iconic national carrier

Little wonder the vultures at Macquaire want QANTAS. Also little wonder that the deal is going to blow up.

QANTAS is a real gem and undervalued. Financially sound and operationally excellent.

Qantas CEO Geoff Dixon is one of the best, IMHO. Ne knows how to keep the balance sheet in order while funding growth and has hedged fuel costs brilliantly.

QANTAS has NEVER had an accident in which a passenger was killed, since it began international flight operations in 1948(?) Everybody touch wood!

What next?

Will Macquaire make a comeback offer?

Will another vulture show up?

Will Geoff Dixon purposefully screw up the balance sheet to scare others off?

Aside-

My young adult son flys bush out of Darwin. Aspires to fly for the airlines. Couple of years ago he took Geoff for a touristy joy flight in a Cessna. Geoff signed the guest book with the comment, "Smooth flight, nice landing." Told him to copy that guest book page and attach it to his resume. He never did do that. Cheez!

Poor lad is double disadvantaged.

He's got my looks and his mother's brains. :lol:

Archived