The Fed Goose

Yet another banner day for the Bulge Firms.

No doubt, they engineered a massive bear trap, and today, they made enough coin to pay for a summer's worth of Hampton's Festivities.

Any wonder why these broker/dealer firms are on fire?

Even the "worst of the worst" who have massive loans out to New Century took off today.

big.chart?symb=ms&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=41843&style=320&time=18&freq=7&nosettings=1&rand=2666&mocktick=1&rand=1781

Top percentage gainers on the day?

Why of course!! Mortgage lenders!!!

big.chart?symb=fnm&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=1899&style=320&time=18&freq=7&nosettings=1&rand=6098&mocktick=1&rand=1567

Just another field day for the PigMen who continue to racketeer their way to vast fortunes.

So what happens next?

Given that we are up 5 or 6 days in a row, probably another mini-shakedown, then blast out to new highs.

Despite the massive Boner Play off the FOMC, the bears were still buying puts all afternoon, and the put/call ratio remains near 17-year highs, yet the SPY is less than 3% off its 52-week highs.

So we watch and wait for the next selloff, and see which sectors have the highest amount of relative strength.

post-184-1174507036_thumb.jpg

post-184-1174507060_thumb.gif

post-184-1174507077_thumb.gif

post-184-1174507101_thumb.gif

post-184-1174507170_thumb.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great day to be Broker, Financial Advisor or Wealth Manager

Wow, what a great day for these assorted azzholes. Really no discernable difference between them and your average day-to-day used car dealer, Best Buy sales associate or coffee stained rayon shirt wearing Sears appliance salesman.

These guys were just lucky enough to have had an uncle in the business or caddied for the right white-shoe firm managing director during one of their high school summers at the private country club in the next town over.

Today went some thing like this.

7:30

Get to the office.

7:31 ? 10:00

Read the WSJ and check out last nights Mark-to-Market on Capitalstool. Then cruise various BMW websites and Realtor websites for what summer rentals are left in the Hamptons. Need to get that new BMW lease done and Hamptons summer rental booked by Friday.

10:01-12:00

Make calls to clients trying to get them to put more money to work. Also make at least 25 cold calls to prospects.

12:01-2:00

Go to lunch with the boys and those three new female associates to firm up Hamptons plans.

2:01-2:14

Wait for the Fed

2:15-2:30

Listen to the Squawk box for company?s chief economists take on the Fed stance. While listening, market begins to skyrocket. Chief economist?s analysis interrupted on the Squawk Box by Senior Managing Director & Head of Global Sales. ? Get on your damn phones now and get everyone one of your clients into this rally ? NOW!!!!!?

2:31-4:29

On phone with numerous clients while at the same time fielding calls from other clients and prospects that you called earlier.

Below is a sample conversation:

Borker: Hello, I need to speak with Dr. Patel

Secretary: Please hold.

Dr. Patel: Hello, this is Dr. Patel.

Borker: Hello Doc, it?s Chad Whittingsworth from Moyel Lynch. Have you been watching the rally?

Dr. Patel: No, I just got out of surgery after saving the life of a 15 year old girl that was almost killed after being?..[broker interrupts]

Broker: Wow, that?s great Doc, but I need you to give me the OK on that 1,000 shares of Golden Slacks we talked about the other day.

Dr. Patel: Golden Slacks? Didn?t that stock get hit hard recently?

Borker: Yes, but now it is back to its previous highs and up another $8.00 since the Fed announcement today?..can I put you down for 1,000 shares.

Dr. Patel: Well jeez that?s half the cash I have liquid. The rest is in TOL, HOV and NEW. Incidentally, I though I saw something in the paper about NEW?.what?s the story there?

Broker: Doc, I don?t have the time right now, but we can discuss later if that?s OK with you. All my lines are all ringing, this is a huge rally, can I put you down for 1,000 Golden Slacks?

Dr. Patel: Well, I guess so, if that is what you recommend.

Broker: Done, thanks Doc! [hangs up]

Broker: 1,000 GS market bid

Trader: Done 1,000 GS market.

These guys had a great afternoon, and paid for their $130,000 summer house rent in 2 hours.

bmw%20fata.JPG

Yet another banner day for the Bulge Firms.

No doubt, they engineered a massive bear trap, and today, they made enough coin to pay for a summer's worth of Hampton's Festivities.

Any wonder why these broker/dealer firms are on fire?

Even the "worst of the worst" who have massive loans out to New Century took off today.

big.chart?symb=ms&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=41843&style=320&time=18&freq=7&nosettings=1&rand=2666&mocktick=1&rand=1781

Top percentage gainers on the day?

Why of course!!  Mortgage lenders!!!

big.chart?symb=fnm&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=1899&style=320&time=18&freq=7&nosettings=1&rand=6098&mocktick=1&rand=1567

Just another field day for the PigMen who continue to racketeer their way to vast fortunes.

So what happens next?

Given that we are up 5 or 6 days in a row, probably another mini-shakedown, then blast out to new highs.

Despite the massive Boner Play off the FOMC, the bears were still buying puts all afternoon, and the put/call ratio remains near 17-year highs, yet the SPY is less than 3% off its 52-week highs.

So we watch and wait for the next selloff, and see which sectors have the highest amount of relative strength.

569835[/snapback]

Wndysrf

You're TOO funny! LOL

I think you secretly ADMIRE the Pigmen, as you call them, and would love

nothing more than to BE ONE! :P

Archived