The Prep Job

568141[/snapback]

October 98 is when I learned the hard way is that the FED wants the stock market to only go up. :angry:

568187[/snapback]

what happened ?

568278[/snapback]

Greenspan announced a rate cut about thirty minutes before the market closed on Friday afternoon of Option expiration day The market was down about 150 points and looked like it was about to collapse. I had just put on some shorts. The market went from down 150 dow points to uo 150 points in about three minutes

This was the first time that the market manipulation was that blatant, in your face.

We have seen plenty of that since then although they have been a little more subtle. :angry:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jickiss is back!

and

Now Hear This. Now Hear This.

GSS. Golden Star Recources. AMEX.

Marky Mark mentioned this security in a favourable way recently.

Since that day, GSS has reported .31 for 2006.

Production is Up.

cost per oz cash is around $400. This means that a higher gold price will zooooommmmm the EPS.

new Financial Boy from NEM now on board. a boy that played many financial "Roles" at NEM. That is Wharton Speak for......

and

MOST IMPORTANTLY, THE FIRM SAYS THAT ALL EXISTING CONTRACTS SHORT THE METAL HAVE BEEN BOT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally Unhedged.

Buy!

jickiss target is $10 to $20, as gold moves up to $1,000.

Take a good look at the last 3 press releases on their web site.

this really looks perfect, and

Tanks, Tanks, Tanks, to Marky Mark for drawing attention to GSS.

GSS is really improving and really looks to be pointed in the Right Direction.

jickiss!!!!!!!

post-1911-1174019041_thumb.jpg

Soon to be ex-New Century manager needs advice

I'm a successful manager at New Century who just bought an expensive new house 8 months ago. The builder in my subdivision just lowered base prices by $80k, making me instantly upside-down on my 80/20.

I want to move back to my home state to cut costs but my savings has taken a hit over the last six months. I don't have enough cash to sell at this time. To continue paying the mortgage I'll need a job with high income...whether that's in the mortgage biz or not. Sux because I've been with the company 8 years.

I'm in a fine mess and any advice you all can give would be great.

by mtgdude007 March 15, 2007

No cash, no buyers. Embrace the suck!

:lol:

Embrace the Suck is the title of a book recently released that is about all the slang used in the military.

568291[/snapback]

:lol: :huh: :o :( :angry:

Wow! That's a perfect moment.

Soon to be ex-New Century manager needs advice

I'm a successful manager at New Century who just bought an expensive new house 8 months ago. The builder in my subdivision just lowered base prices by $80k, making me instantly upside-down on my 80/20.

I want to move back to my home state to cut costs but my savings has taken a hit over the last six months. I don't have enough cash to sell at this time. To continue paying the mortgage I'll need a job with high income...whether that's in the mortgage biz or not. Sux because I've been with the company 8 years.

I'm in a fine mess and any advice you all can give would be great.

by mtgdude007 March 15, 2007

No cash, no buyers. Embrace the suck!

:lol:

Embrace the Suck is the title of a book recently released that is about all the slang used in the military.

568291[/snapback]

people have some serious issues out there. i feel for them. when 'i' just a little worker bee got laid off because my execs ran the company into the ground it was hard. in fact a lot of telecom professionals were laid off. some good and some not so good . but the whole basket was thrown out. i was in the position of making xyz and there were no jobs. i had a house payment, car payment a couple bills nothing crazy but it sucked really bad. was it mr ebbers fault or the banks that lent all that money out to eager investors and VC's. it was pretty bad but look how it all turned out. its not that bad out there !! lol

568295[/snapback]

Wow! Another! WCOM, huh? I remember well, but not as well as you.

Great quote by Steve Rattner (culled from the Cassandra Does Tokyo blog):

"Our view for some time has been that we are in a credit bubble and that there is money being lent and that we're happily borrowers of it on the private equity side at rates and on terms that really frankly don't make a great deal of sense from the standpoint of the lenders...but we're the borrowers, and we're happy to take advantage of that, and so as long as we can continue to finance our deals with that money, we will continue to do it."

"But there may be a change, that this gushing well of liquidity that we've all enjoyed for the past several years now is coming to an end."

Billionaire Rattner runs Quadrangle Group, a $3B private equity fund. He was the #2 guy under legendary Felix Royhatyn at Lazard. No slouch. Quite a good timer too: switched careers in 1982 (!) to investment banking after being one of the NYTimes top journalists.

Seems like these smart cookies know the whole game is way out of bounds right now. But they will ride it until it ends.

http://nihoncassandra.blogspot.com/

For Shorty from Jesse Livermore

""When I went down to the office I saw not so much that prices were still higher and that I had a satisfying profit but that there was a great big market with a tremendous power of absorption. I could sell any amount of stock in that market;and, of course, when a man is carrying his full line of stocks, he must be on the watch for an opportunity to change his paper profit into actual cash."

The market is providing plenty of absorption to sell into.

WHERE THERES MUCK THERE'S MONEY

Tesoro has been THE stock over the past 4 years.

Its gone up from a few bucks to about 100.

Funny but I dont see any screaming headlines or the CEO on the front cover of whatever financial magazines are left out there.

I guess refining oil is just a little too politically incorrect.

The funny thing is its still a screaming bargain at 8 times earnings, 6 times free cash flow.

Archived