Goldman's Profiteering

Funny LW.

I just wanted to add one final thing.  I know some of you guys think Congress will just hyper-inflate its way out of this problem with the help of the Federal Reserve.

I can assure the piper will be paid in any event that will pretty much negate any real impact of such attempts.  I don't want to get into the deep economics of it all because it's complex, but the story is basically this:

Such a solution will drive interest rates so high that the real choices will have to be made by Congress.  In doing so, such high real interest rates will pretty much destroy America's private sector.  Not a pretty sight.

567928[/snapback]

Dodd, he is a politician he needs to be on the record that he "tried".

I lived thru hyperinflation, 70% interest rates, prices going up on daily bases, people were getting raises once a year, at best once a month. So you got a raise based on goverment inflation then starting the following day prices went up, your wages were the same. would the politicians want that? I do not know. I know that poor and middle class got screwed. the poor they barely made ends meet and prices were going up, and up. deflation? I never experienced that so I cannot say anything.

hey, they can always blame Bush for this. everybody else does.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching an NCLB committee hearing (education) and who pops up but Senator Dodd. I guess he has his fingers in a lot of pies. Better to throw a few billion at homoaners or education? I guess the teachers unions aren't

donating enough.

On a lighter note, can anyone explain why Northgate Minerals is sell at a PE of 5.6. Is there something wrong with their properties or is this the buy of the century.

jickiss is back!

and

now, just in Time for the Ides of March in the Year 2007,

a New and vital Prediction is made by your jickiss!:

to wit, now, the Ratio of GG vs GLD will begin to move up,

and,

as the Metal moves towards $1,000 the oz,

the Ratio of GG vs GLD will attain a NEW HIGH.

what could be clearer?

Nothing that can be imagined has exceeded the Long Pain of the Fall in this Ratio, and the same ratio for most miners.

This is the Bottom. Right here, right now.

Mark it pls.

Acres of Diamonds are ahead.

if you Believe, you will participate, and you will win.

in the end, only the Broads Bears,

and the Gold and Silver and Miners and Miners related Longs will win big.

what could be clearer?

them that Stand Behind da Boyz

them that have raised da Boyz up

are not going to bail out da Sheeple.

there are other plans for the Sheeple

...---...

love, jickiss!!!!!!!

post-1911-1173929145_thumb.jpg

On a lighter note, can anyone explain why Northgate Minerals is sell at a PE of 5.6. Is there something wrong with their properties or is this the buy of the century.

567939[/snapback]

From what I remember John Embry saying, Northgate has great management but a so-so mine - perhaps the mine life expectancy or grades or something. It was about three years ago.

However, the miners are close enough to a buy here despite the fact that I still expect a panic plunge to XAU 114-116 sometime before the end of June. I'm accumulating for the big move up later this year.

Probably a little early to mention this, but the timeframe around the end of March and early Apr has generally been among the most bullish periods of the year.

The SPX has printed gains in each of the last six years and in 13 of the past 17 since 1990.

The bullish period doesn't usually start until March 22-26, sometimes later.

It doesn't seem to have much predictive power in terms of where the market goes afterward.

The four years when the SPX actually declined during this period were 2000, 1997, 1993 and 1992. But in each of those four years, the SPX made very tradable bottoms not long thereafter: Apr 11, Apr 14, Apr 14, Apr 26.

So either we rally during this period, or we decline into a buyable bottom soon after. Or maybe both. At least that's been the scenario over the past 17 years.

SPX IN LATE MARCH/EARLY APRIL (1990-2006)

3/28/06-4/7/06 (9 days) +1.7%

3/29/05-4/8/05 (8 days) +2.4%

3/24/04-4/6/04 (11 days) +5.9%

3/31/03-4/7/03 (6 days) +7.3%

3/25/02-4/1/02 (4 days) +2.0%

3/22/01-4/19/01 (20 days) +15.9%

2000---down (important bottom on Apr 14)

3/24/99-4/13/99 (14 days) +8.4%

3/30/98-4/6/98 (6 days) +3.8%

1997---down (important bottom on Apr 14)

3/29/96-4/5/96 (5 days) +1.7% (key bottom on Apr 11)

3/31/95-4/17/95 (11 days) +3.4%

3/31/94-4/25/94 (17 days) +3.9%

1993---down (important bottom on Apr 26)

1992---down (important bottom on Apr 8)

3/22/91-4/17/91 (18 days) +7.4%

3/22/90-4/16/90 (17 days) +4.2%

jickiss is back!

and

Dear Black Prince, again, NXG is one of the cheapest stocks on any exchange on earth.

Kemmis Kemes? (spelling bad, who cares) North will go on for 20 years. Call the Share Holder relations toll free and get and update. This matters, permitting may be almost finished. Right now, Kemes South is ending, and they need to move to the NORTH pit, which will go for many many years at a great rate of production.

Due due diligence, first, to be safe....no cry babies call first. be direct with them.

your jickiss says that

1. Morons that do not understand the strength of global demand for copper think that NXG might not do so well in copper as they have in the past. These Morons will be proven to be fools. Copper demand will be strong for ever. if every body in China and India that needs lights and wires gets even a fraction of what they deserve and need, copper will go zooming up.

2. there are some serious anti-takeover clauses related to NXG. due more due diligence. then, then,

then just call and ask to be switched over to the Treasurer, and ask the same why they dont just put NXG on the Block at $10 per share NOW, since they cant seem to get the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy low stock price up.

easy question to pose to them, no??????

but they get paid, and they have anti-takeover clauses. yada yada yada.

here is the chart. NXG should be compared to the usdx index, for much of what determines their valuation comes from a "global perspective."

your jickiss says that TEN DOLLARS will be a layup, after penetration of the key blue down trend line.....watch and buy the shares when the ratio chart flashes the buy signal.. more free money....watch the RATIO to the doolar index.

jickiss!!!!!!!!

post-1911-1173931629_thumb.jpg

So either we rally during this period, or we decline into a buyable bottom soon after. Or maybe both. At least that's been the scenario over the past 17 years.

It's different this time.

Butt I sure do hope Fannie rallies here so I can get top dolla fo so mo naked calls.

Comment by ex-nnvmtgbrkr

2007-03-14 15:20:43

Within the Alt-A family is where you found the true No-Doc loan. Although subprime threw it?s underwriting guidelines out the window and started giving 100% financing to any idiot, most never offered a true No-Doc. Remember, Stated is different than No-Doc. Yes, with Stated you can pull any number out of thin air for income without it being verified, but at least they verify the employment that you?re stating the income comes from, and most subprimers at least verified assets. With the No-Doc, you leave most of the app blank. No employer on the app, no income on the app, no assets on the app, no bank accounts on the app?..nothing, nada, zip! All you needed was a 660 fico (some as low as 640) and you could go No-Doc on a purchase up to 95% LTV. Now your saying to yourself ?well at least they have 5% of their own money in the deal?. Ah, here?s the beauty (or madness) of No-Doc. Assets used for down-payments are usually verified and ?seasoned? to insure the lender that the money is actually coming from his/her personal savings, and not borrowed from a credit card, a friend, or god forbid a signature loan. But the true No-Doc has no asset verication whatsoever. So, the money for the 5% down could be coming from anywhere, and from what I?ve seen, it usually came from the riskiest of places. So, decent fico, no job, no money, no assets of any sort, NO PROBLEM! Scared yet? You should be, ?cause most of these babies were originated from the Alt-A sector. And I?m just touching a small part of the problem in Alt-A. S o trust me, when I say Alt-A is toast, I?m not just spouting off.

nuclear loan explosion

567910[/snapback]

i dont know about the whole sub prime panic, i mean there is value at some point and someone as noted like GS will buy the value. i wonder if its never as bad as one makes it out to be and its never as good as people say either. i tend to think the panic and enthusiasm will meet in the middle somewhere. when i worked for Worldcom and everyone was getting laid off ,, of course i was in panic mode. LOL.

567913[/snapback]

You should read captain kirk's log book, you only say that you are buying when you are already selling.

THE MORTGAGE MELTDOWN FINALY ARRIVES

About time.

Expect a lot more pain.

RE PEAK GOLD

Gold production has declined about 4% per annum in Australia since peaking in 1998.

Even while prices have skyrocketed

The ore is just not there.

Its not only peak oil the world has to worry about.

A lot more commodity peaks happening as we speak.

THE MORTGAGE MELTDOWN FINALY ARRIVES

About time.

Expect a lot more pain.

RE PEAK GOLD

Gold production has declined about 4% per annum in Australia since peaking in 1998.

Even while prices have skyrocketed

The ore is just not there.

Its not only peak oil the world has to worry about.

A lot more commodity peaks happening as we speak.

567967[/snapback]

PEAKS

"Among the earlier best-known modern examples of such arguments are The Limits to Growth (1972) and The Population Bomb (1968). These reports have been subjected to criticism, and their predicted dates for such catastrophes have been proven false. The Limits to Growth stated that the world would run out of gold by 1981, mercury by 1985, tin by 1987, zinc by 1990, petroleum by 1992, and, copper, lead, and natural gas by 1993. The Population Bomb stated that that there would be a major food shortage in the United States in the 1970s and hundreds of millions of people were going to starve to death, leaving only some 20 million people alive in 1999.[2][3]. (See Erlich's answer to his critics.)

David Pimentel claims that population outcomes for the 22nd century range from 2 billion people (characterised as thriving in harmony with the environment), to 12 billion people (characterised as miserable and suffering difficult lives with limited resources and widespread famine). [4]

The book The Little Green Handbook reasons that in 2050 about 7.7 billion people would be expected to suffer from illness, lack of adequate sanitation, hunger, and extreme poverty,[2] provided that the high population estimates of year 2050 are realised.

In his recent book Collapse (2005), Jared Diamond argues that many earlier civilizations have collapsed due to environmental problems, and warns of current environmental problems. However, he also notes many situations in which human have managed their natural resources well.

In The Skeptical Environmentalist, Bj?rn Lomborg argues that, because of the falling rate of population growth in most parts of the world and because of new science and technologies, there is little problem with overpopulation. A rebuttal can be found here.[3]"

link to wiki article

Archived