Wall St. Gravy Train

Man, I'm late to the starting gate.. Profunds has short ETF's on every sector!

http://www.amex.com/atamex/news/press/sn_P...ares_020107.htm

SRS - short real estate..

567556[/snapback]

all these short 'etfs'. now all the common folk can get short buy going long an ETF. this is an entirely new product on the market and i wonder how the dynamics of it play and pay out and to who.

seems a little too 'easy' and nothing is easy.

i do own SDS and DOG.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some how i think by the EOY, there will bea huge down move. huge up move to close at highs and sub prime will be mopped up by the fed. am i crazy for thinking that ?

i got short etfs last oct and held and they all pounded my behind. i even bought grzzx.

Oh boy...wait for the gap? Or buy the bottom of this downchannel?

567407[/snapback]

I am

Doesn't the shadowless fat dark boddied candle bopping against the bottom of the cjhannel mean a gap downward????

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Better to snuff out a candle and curse the brightness than to allow oneself the bemusement of the Bull

I got my fingers crossed tonite. I usually dont like holding stocks for news. but this company looks half decent. and seems like they have had a turnaround. whatever the ceo says tommorow i hope shareholders like. made 52 week highs yesterday and today.

mc

567436[/snapback]

OK, I'll bite, what company?

567438[/snapback]

well i didnt mean to forget the ticker haha. its TAG i mentioned once or twice.

mc

567440[/snapback]

A zipper company....fascinating..... :blink:

567443[/snapback]

Sounds recession-proof. Even if we hit hard times, I'd imagine most folks would still want to keep their schwangs zippered up. Color me intrigued.

567479[/snapback]

I would short Zippers and Long Cod Pieces-- beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r:

IDS was interesting today. Just the regular chit-chat taking place then whoops......there she went. No real trigger on the forefront. I'm sure in the background someone or something had to raise money to pay a debt.

Sure appears as a clear trend down and I suspect the bear affects can be applied along with terminology. No guarantee the fall continues in the morning but why bother propping it up? The main stream media now has permission to report the housing woes so the cat is out of the bag. Dare I say the 'snowballing' conditions are ripe. If it walks like a bear, acts like a bear and bites like a bear then it must be bear.

You could be watching the grey area in the miners as confusion in real time while the dust is clearing.

With the usual disclaimers: up is down, bad is good, we're not at war and gas at the pump doesn't reflect on the overall economy.

The only gnat on my ass is my USO position....thinking about a little " dynamic hedging" using the 2X short oil ETF just in case this correction gets over extended -- should keep me neutral while things shake-out....apparently if things slow down everyone is going to stop driving, all companies are going to close down, no one will heat their homes, and power companies will all switch to solar overnight

567529[/snapback]

Don't forget as long as the crude furures are in contango the USO price is going down every month the amount of the carrying charge.

What is the symbol for reverse ETF? Thanks. :D

567543[/snapback]

The trickery IYC.

Bloomberg's oil analcyst survey isn't helping, my preferred 4Week MA of Bulls/Bears/Neutral isn't showing any buildup of Bullish/Bearish views, besides it has been working better at timing tops than bottoms.

567545[/snapback]

My mavin friend says Gasoline # $6 a gallon within 3 years

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: I f you factor in enormous demand destruction then this forcast entails a ratio of Scott Tissue to USD be set up

Archived