IDS World Markets Tues 27th February 07

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, could be...  the extreme readings I'm seeing are off the effin charts.

Since everyone and their mother has been expecting a correction, I can easily see everyone jumping on board too fast, we bounce back up a bit, and then we plunge uto the abyss as buyers dry up afterwards.

563201[/snapback]

What are you thinking as the timeframe for when buying dries up?

Gold getting clobbered too.  :(

563144[/snapback]

In a liquidation event, one can throw out the concept of gold/silver being a safe haven of sorts. Everything gets tossed just as we witnessed back in May, just as we are witnessing today. There is no safe haven except for US Cash... <_<

563198[/snapback]

EUR gaining 2% against the USD, you were saying?

563204[/snapback]

I went long the Yen yesterday (FXY). For the yield, of course. :P

Oh, so that's why stocks recovered. Another press release from the criminals. Everyone cheer.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070227/economy.html?.v=7

Sales of Existing Homes Jump in January

Tuesday February 27, 10:07 am ET

By Martin Crutsinger, AP Economics Writer

Sales of Existing Homes Jump in January, but Median Home Prices Drop for Sixth Straight Month

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sales of existing homes rose in January by the largest amount in two years, raising hopes that the worst of the severe slump in housing may be coming to an end. Median home prices, however, fell for a sixth straight month.

The National Association of Realtors reported Tuesday that sales of previously owned homes rose by 3 percent last month, the biggest one-month increase since a 3.3 percent increase in January 2005, a time when housing was roaring toward the peak of its five-year boom.

Archived