Monthly Digger - December 2006

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NEM for Jan. 2007.  Just think, if this happens where the other leaders will be.

There are others that are leaders, but NEM cant be considered one of the leaders, imo.

3 years ago when I first became interested in metals, NEM was near 50. And still is today.

But back then, I bought SSRI for under 7 bucks, and its 30 now, etc, etc.

Buying NEM to play the metals bull is like buying IBM in the 90s to play tech stocks. Makes money, but not much. You could do so much better with a growing company, not one whose production is declining.

NEM for Jan. 2007.? Just think, if this happens where the other leaders will be.

There are others that are leaders, but NEM cant be considered one of the leaders, imo.

3 years ago when I first became interested in metals, NEM was near 50. And still is today.

But back then, I bought SSRI for under 7 bucks, and its 30 now, etc, etc.

Buying NEM to play the metals bull is like buying IBM in the 90s to play tech stocks. Makes money, but not much. You could do so much better with a growing company, not one whose production is declining.

If that's the logic on Monty how do you explain Anders addiction? GSS....smile....

If that's the logic on Monty how do you explain Anders addiction?  GSS....smile....

A mistake. Management screwed up and didnt deliver on time on their BIOX/increased production, and had to dilute too much to achieve it.

I spent the summer and fall of '04 buying it, believing the turnaround was near.

However, with NEM, you get a company that you KNOW isnt growing, and whose production is declining. With GSS, we believed that good things were coming (and they are), but it is taking a lot longer than expected to get the increased production on line.

golden stoolies.. I'm glad everyone had a great day today. Don't want to sound arrogant by any means but the last three posts I have put up on the board seems to have been correct and yet nobody ever provides any feedback. I guess I was hoping that another poster here plays the actual gold/silver prices instead of the gold shares. I hope someone speaks up otherwise I feel like I am just talking to myself and no use in that! :D

If that's the logic on Monty how do you explain Anders addiction?? GSS....smile....

A mistake. Management screwed up and didnt deliver on time on their BIOX/increased production, and had to dilute too much to achieve it.

I spent the summer and fall of '04 buying it, believing the turnaround was near.

However, with NEM, you get a company that you KNOW isnt growing, and whose production is declining. With GSS, we believed that good things were coming (and they are), but it is taking a lot longer than expected to get the increased production on line.

Had a guy teach me that as a group... you have stocks in the group that are first movers, you have the next group, then you have the laggards that move last.

other folks call this sector rotation.

eg would be SSRI..... then IAG .... then last say DROOY

look at the charts...the picture of where each of them are illustrates my point.

PS...my teacher was very wise I miss him a lot.

Had a guy teach me that as a group... you have stocks in the group that are first movers, you have the next group, then you have the laggards that move last.

look at the charts...the picture of where each of them are illustrates my point.

So, when droppie (DROOY) finally moves like a rocket, it will be the time to start to get out.

golden stoolies.. I'm glad everyone had a great day today. Don't want to sound arrogant by any means but the last three posts I have put up on the board seems to have been correct and yet nobody ever provides any feedback. I guess I was hoping that another poster here plays the actual gold/silver prices instead of the gold shares. I hope someone speaks up otherwise I feel like I am talking to myself and no use in that!  :D

Hi realist - Yes, you have nailed it! Congratulations! Not an easy task. And by no means are you arrogant ? success should be acknowledged as it benefits all who participate.

Usually I don't have much time to post, or I would have commented on your posts before.

You've established a successful record, and I'm sure most posters here observed your comments and will continue to take note.

In addition, there are many posters who spend much time here sharing their knowledge helping us learn TA. Although not very often recognized, posters such as Bearvest, Charmin, Metamucil, dharma, and many others are certainly appreciated for their efforts!

Thank you all.

Most appreciated! :)

If that's the logic on Monty how do you explain Anders addiction?  GSS....smile....

Scooby Doo?

I had a PnF chart of NEM showing a potential to $52, but I'm sure that has changed since. Seems like a month since the bottom I figured it.

My first post was meant to say that if NEM as a laggard can make it to $52 then think about the potential for others that are already above some resistance area.

You need steel toed shoes or the capacity to move them quickly, as some of the stocks get stepped on at different times.

golden stoolies.. I'm glad everyone had a great day today. . . .

PS. When it comes to being glad and having a great day, large core positions in stocks such as Arizona Star, Goldcorp, Gold Fields, Pacific Rim Mining along with many others, and recent aquisitions such as Southwestern Resources and Stormcat certainly put a big smile on my face today thank you very much! :D

Archived