Daily Digger - November 2006

Anyone have any ideas about VGZ? I am at an impasse...should I hold on to all my shares? or Sell part?

I guess I not smart enough to figure out, if its going to bounce up after 11/7 fund raiser ends or what?

This "change" and funding caught its stock holders by surprise...

Any thoughts and analysis would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my Eurozinc mining EZM chart went off the books and is now incorporated into LMC

"RENO, NV (Mineweb.com) --Teck Cominco executives Tuesday forecast that world zinc stocks will contain only 11 days of supply by the end of this year, and may sink so low that it could ?constrain metals consumption.?

In a conference call to discuss third-quarter financial results, the Vancouver-based miner also noted that lead LME stocks have declined to only two days of global consumption. "

TCK has two zinc mines.  Earnings were reported and the stock sold today

Charmin:

I started looking into zinc plays when you mentioned EZM last week.

The price movements of zinc and lead are very bullish, I think there are both fundamental and technical reasons for zinc and lead to go even higher.

If someone can comment on zinc and lead, it will certainly help.

I did not buy LUN.TO because my account does not allow trading of Canadian shares. I bought TCK and BWLRF (BWR.TO) instead. Both of them have very low PE.

TCK sold yesterday probably because they earned 2.34 but the average target was 2.65. But in the note of the result announcement they said, because of bad weather they will book net income from SHIPPED product of $82 million in the next two quarters. This amounts to 38 cents per share and would have given them 2.72 for the quarter.

So technically they missed but the profit is there, it is just deferred. They also gave strong guidance for prices in the fourth quarter.

Here goes. AUY bar chart may be labelled with some prelimary support low on 9/20 with final climactic selling to support on Oct. 4 that did not break support. It build some sideways cause, moved higher and backed up on 10/23 with a mid range close showing buying is present.

This low on 10/23 I'm going to call Last point of support, which gives me a PnF cause going back to the 9/20 pre support. On the 10 cent PnF that establishes a 41 count or $4.10 potential. Measured from the low of $7.90 a conservative potential exists up to $12 while a count using the $8.90 row allows for a $13 potential target.

We had an original count of 17 targeting $9.60 and a stepping stone count in the $9.40 area targeting $11.

The largest count potential of 49 that exists at the $9.40 level has a conservative target of $12.80 or $14.30.

So, it appears if we remain very bullish from here AUY could potentially jump over the old high back in May to test if supply is present.

http://www.StockSharePublishing.com/ChartL..._1162615907.png

post-326-1162615941_thumb.jpg

I am looking for a short term top here or Monday-Tuesday. We are overbought. I am not looking for a catastrophic move down but if by some slim chance we manage to take out the June 540 lows I would look for a low in February 456-490-515ish. We are near some time turns here. Careful. 630-640 is strong resistance. I'll hold the physical and add on breakdowns. 335-340 HUI is very strong resistance.

post-1718-1162641610_thumb.jpg

post-1718-1162641635_thumb.jpg

I don't fully understand some of the stock action in relation to the gold indices.  For instance for the 2005 to 2006 rally, KGC was a laggard.  Now it seems to be a leader.  I have know idea why that is.

Faramir,

The answer lie in the natal chart of each individual stock chart . In the 2005 rally , KGC's Astrology chart was afflicted , which prevented it's free move along with the sector . Currently KGC's is no longer afflicted and is positively being influenced by a natal Jupiter/ Uranus aspect in early degrees Sagittarius which will soon see Jupiter transit over . This same aspect trines the Natal Sun .This combination of positive influcences currently taking place will put KGC on the upgrade list of many anal cysts.

I know to some , this all seems far fetched , but you asked for an answer , and THIS is the reason for KGC' outperformance .

TGB mines mainly in Canada which gives it stability but pulls copper out of the ground with some gold. I'm leaning towards gold only.

Gold is in a gray area yet. Is it a metal or a currency? When they float four aircraft carriers in the gulf it seems to be currency. When all things appear calm it's a metal. When conditions are ripe it will stay currency. (read as >>>dollar goes bust)

For silver I hold only SLW besides physical. CDE, SSRI, PAAS all look okay but gold miners look better.

My major holds are TRE, RGLD, GG in that order plus 10 other or so minor positions all spread amongst two accounts. I'd rather sell the 10 and add to the 3 but you just never know who is going to do what when. (add to 4, counting SLW) I try to hold (for obvious reasons) dividend payers because if I have to suffer down periods I don't feel quite so bad.

Looks like I now own Glamis.........the hard way.

I might play DXD intraday if things get interesting.

XAU:

I may be micro-managing the count here, but it seems like there's more to run.

There appears to have been 2 periods of consolidation after the early October lows, separated by a breakaway gap.

These were 1's and 2's of greater and lesser degrees of trend. They set up powerful 3's of 3's which are now complete at both lesser degrees of trend.

The absence of any significant MACD divergence, yet, tends to indicate that the greater wave 3 is not yet in.

Often, but not always, the low point of a prior wave 4 of lesser degree becomes support for the larger waves. Thus, 133, where blue iv is found should serve as support for red iv and black 4.

As the lion's share of the 3's are behind us, it should be choppy from here with rising peaks but a valley floor at 133.

post-1352-1162709140_thumb.jpg

I'm sure all the miners will do fine in the long run but BGO has to deal with Russia and I think make it lag.

I've been watching the M's (any miner symbol beginning with the letter M) and they are just now coming to life.

JS was advising to only partake of the movers in this run-up now and discount any laggers for the future.

Just to reiterate PMS trade reckies I made over on MTM (meow!).

BGO (Ironic, isn't it!)

MDG

Thor:

They both look very good to me. However, considering that the miners bottomed on October 4th, you're now selecting from the second string. It's like running with the daschunds and not the greyhounds like AEM, AUY or HL.

BGO had that nice Bollinger Band compression and has spiked up out of the bands. It may be the first of "three hits and a decline" in which each hit is less powerful as the bands expand.

Volume and OBV, a volume oscillator, show real buying interest.

Aroon confirms the breakout.

But it's very overbought--as evidenced by Wm%R and that BB jump out of the bands.

It may find current resistance at its 200 day sma.

And it has a 3 wave structure so far, after an impulsive move down that took out the June lows.

I'd worry if it overlaps $4.60, leaving that 3 wave move on the charts.

MDG had some news noise recently--a bad profit report due to a South American acquisition and its CEO stepping down.

I don't pay a lot of attention to fundamentals---I trade off t.a. But it's the hedgehogs that move stocks--and they will always look to alternatives to buy if there's uncertainty with profits or management.

MDG's price oscillators are bullish, though I don't like the constant overlapping pattern on the rise.

Unlike BGO, MDG lacks volume as support. If OBV breaks out of that rectangle, I'll change my mind.

post-1352-1162711931_thumb.jpg

post-1352-1162711954_thumb.jpg

Archived