All Eyes on the G-String Meeting

Meanwhile, Support the Stool! I'm giving my all to make this place, and the Wall Street Examiner the best they can be. But I CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!

Pooper Scooper

greenspeuman.gif

Squeeze one out

for Capitalstool. Support the Stool!

Whether it's once a month, once in a while, or once a year, click that button and show your support! No amount is too small. Every little bit helps!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. I will check them out. No action photos? I have one somewhere of me biting it hard over the bars. Just imagine a huge dust cloud at the bottom of a jump. Thought I was going Jeremy McGrath after watching some exciting videos. Didn't work out so well. It was a 96 YZ 250 maxed out for racing.

The footpeg jammed in my leg and left a great reminder of mortality. :P Needless to say I shouldn't have been on it and why I am thinking 125! Took 20 minutes to get it started again and I was so burnt out I almost collapsed!

Not the image I was going for. :lol:

I was sitting in the dentist's chair today (no laughing gas, thank you) and the owner of a local RE agency was in the cubicle next to mine. She must have had the gas on full throttle ... went on and on about foreclosures in the area being up 50% yoy. The same for the local divorce rate. She somehow seemed to have a handle on a lot of data.

Now maybe sales techniques have changed, but I suspect Marketing 101 textbooks still tend to discourage bad-mouthing one's own product. I'm not as experienced as Doc is, but I've been around enough RE people long enough to know that I HAVE NEVER HEARD SUCH NEGATIVE TALK ABOUT A (RE) MARKET, ANYWHERE.

At the very least, you'd think they'd be pumping the downturn as a buying op.

This lady was flat out terrified.

My work system is a Dell that I added a dual monitor video card to so it can output to three monitors. 2 17 inch LCDs and one 20 inch lcd in the middle. I often bring in my laptop as well which is a lot faster than the company system and I normally run QuoteTracker on my laptop if I have it with me. If I don't bring it in, I use QT on one of the 17 inch displays. I do my work on the 20 inch monitor and use the other 17 inch monitor for email and browsing. When I have the laptop, I use the left monitor for work as well. Two of the monitors are mine, one is the company's.

On Wednesdays and Fridays, I'm remote so I just have my laptop and trading is near impossible as there simply isn't enough space for QT, a browser and my work stuff.

At home, I have a 24 inch monitor for work, a 17 inch monitor for email/browser and my laptop for quotetracker. My home environment is the best as it has a blazing fast machine, good speakers and sound card. I can turn the music up at home but I can't at the office. I could use headphones but I normally get interrupted a lot during the day and I don't like to take them off all the time.

I trade from my measly laptop w/ a 14" screen.

I don't need more monitors or better equipment.

I need more training on identifying PigShanks, PigSetups, and Animal Planet Pattern Recognition.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right on. It ain't the computer, it is the pattern recognition. :D

Well, some of us do have real jobs during the day, night and wee hours of the morning. I have to entertain others in my office for meetings or reviews and

get called to other offices during the day. Sometimes I have to review code

with someone at my station so having a dedicated monitor with everything on

it is nice as I can glance over at it while working on a problem.

I'm probably a little older than most folks here and I did wear glasses for about

ten or eleven years but don't need to anymore after going to larger monitors

or monitors where the resolution isn't as high.

Not having to wear glasses or deal with the problems associated with contact

lenses or vision changing due to circumstances is worth the expense of a week

of interest income. 17 inch lcd monitors are only $189 and those are the good

ones. 20 inch monitors (good ones from Dell) are only $400. 24 inch monitors

run around $700. It's better for my vision, I'm more productive in my job and

I can always see the market.

Some consider this a negative?

I was sitting in the dentist's chair today (no laughing gas, thank you) and the owner of a local RE agency was in the cubicle next to mine. She must have had the gas on full throttle ... went on and on about foreclosures in the area being up 50% yoy. The same for the local divorce rate. She somehow seemed to have a handle on a lot of data.

Now maybe sales techniques have changed, but I suspect Marketing 101 textbooks still tend to discourage bad-mouthing one's own product. I'm not as experienced as Doc is, but I've been around enough RE people long enough to know that I HAVE NEVER HEARD SUCH NEGATIVE TALK ABOUT A (RE) MARKET, ANYWHERE.

At the very least, you'd think they'd be pumping the downturn as a buying op.

This lady was flat out terrified.

Well, it could be worse. You might have a Ford worker in the next cubicle.

Keith Olbermann!

What "A Man"! Which is also the title of a book Oriana Felacci wrote about her lover, a man of courage, after he died. She died today, and she too was one ballsy broad. Skold!

You find courage in the strangest places sometimes. I once badmouthed KO when he was a fox sportscaster in LaLaland when he was being smart-mouthed cynical about my home team, the lakers. Keith, I take it back, you Da Man.

Little Dutch Boy Tony Snow :lol:

10_FINGER_IN_DIKE.jpg

Wyndy, what kind of bike do you have? I saw the street bike once upon a time. Interested in getting a new dirt bike myself. It has been a long time and I am ready for a comeback. Time to get back in shape with something entertaining.

I already have a course lined out on some property of ours darting threw woods and beside the river. Looking forward to it but not sure what to get. Probably a 125 at first to get back in the swing of things. Prices seem ridiculous at the local shops but don't want the hastle of used. Probably going to Houston.

Tzu

Why not do as the ancient chinese did in hiring doctors--Buy a used Bike in your preferred genre--and then get a good mechanic and put him on retainer paying him something each month so long as the bike runs-the minute it breaks down you stop payment remaining so until the inscourced mechanic brings the bike back into working operation--give him bonuses for extended periods of trouble-free operation--Im ssure the difference in price between new and used is do large that you'll save a ton

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r:

Archived