Monthly Digger - September 2006

some thoughts. if one feels the competition for resources will become more heated. it seems like tre is a really good bet. the president of tanzania just visited the president and the president promised to come to tanzania. sinclair has been stalking the gold markets since the 70s and i think he spotted a favorable govt whose country is rich in resources. the bottom of this stock may not be in yet or even if it is this stock will be a huge winner. the company has the rights to all the resources. it may take some time getting off the ground, but i suspect it wont be long. money =resources or resources =money. as long as the government stay friendly to tan range, they are in an enviable position. and although this stock has gotten battered, i think mcewen is a good businessman and usgl is a good company. dharma

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TRE:

I confess that I haven't followed this stock, so this analysis is "back of the envelope" stuff.

Like everything in September, it's had a smackdown. In TRE's case it has to be a 3rd wave.

The pattern off the bottom (and the 25% increase in price) looks like a 4th wave triangle or a rising wedge.

If so, and if the lower trendline is violated, it should re-visit $4.44.

post-1352-1159509486_thumb.jpg

looking @the hui/xau charts. the move since january looks like a consolidation. the may highs are an aberration or violation of the trading range. the upside had run out of  gas.  and the range while wide is just a big consolidation for another up leg. the miners have the same look except some like gg the c wave made new lows.  i dont know when this consolidation will break upward, its only a matter of time.  i think the next leg  carries us to the 940s on gold.  i think by mid november we start on the next leg of the parabolic.  dharma

I agree with that dharma as mid Nov will be 6 months from the highs and time for a trend change. We have seen turns the past five years in the November period.

some thoughts. if one feels the competition for resources will become more heated. it seems like tre is a really good bet. the president of tanzania just visited the president and the president promised to come to tanzania.  sinclair has been stalking the gold markets since the 70s and i think he spotted a favorable govt whose country is rich in resources. the bottom of this stock may not be in yet or even if it is this stock will be a huge winner. the company has the rights to all the resources. it may take some time getting off the ground, but i suspect it wont be long.  money =resources or resources =money.  as long as the government stay friendly to tan range, they are in an enviable position. and although this stock has gotten battered, i think mcewen is a good businessman and usgl is a good company.    dharma

Two good long term plays I agree. ;)

XAU:

Here's an idealized Elliott view.

We fill the gap left from Friday morning.

We decline over the next day or two into the support zone indicated by the red box.

We rally up to around 137 by later next week.

Thereafter, we decline over about 2 weeks to below the June lows at 108 to 115.

post-1352-1159552351_thumb.jpg

Can anyone help me with TA on ABX.TO?  Is the fact it filled the gap a positive for future short term action?

I agree with what has been said.

Weekly chart has only one gap.

Whadda pointed out that it fell upon filling the gap. That's pretty normal behavior.

(As an aside, on the daily, a 3rd gap is often a form of Exhaustion gap that will frequently be filled).

Meta said buy the dips.

The intermediate trendline should identify the extent of the dips.

Hope this puts the advice into perspective.

Gap rules are confusing. Try this:

http://www.thestockbandit.com/Stock-gaps.htm

Correcto....up another percent. XAU 124 may be retested.....agreement on that, too.

big.chart?symb=abx&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=6&maval=20,50,200&uf=8&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=2&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=478&style=350&time=10&freq=2&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=3520&mocktick=1&.gif

Archived