Monthly Digger - August 2006

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess trying to complete a trade 6 minutes prior to closing was not a good idea - missed out on picking up some more GG. Debating as to whether I put a limit bid in about 20 cents higher overnight. Spent too much time humming and hawing about whether or not to pick up GG. Maybe I get lucky and we start lower tommorrow?

get back on and whoa, the black stallion hitting 1.84..er..1.86...nice

CDY 1.86 12.73% 0.21 1.81 1.86 1 1

91600 0 15:28 1.86 1.66 1.66

77310900 41565000

great job to those who were able to ride GLG...i unfortunately have my central american dollars in others...as you know, GLE and PMU.

THOR: hope the baby girl is treating you guys well.  we're firming up departure dates for the Phils...I'll be close by ya soon.  Rough dates for this quasi move are: Oct 2nd to Jun 2nd.

AS:

Thanx I can feel the love. Love to get to the Phils someday. Maybe I can Tagalong ... Also I hear you have great Cheese Steaks or something like that.

Signed,

The Phillie Phanatic

GG/GLG:

Rob McEwan, former Chairman of Goldcorp and it's largest single shareholder, was on ROBtv---the Canadian business channel.

He blasted the propsed deal.

He said the premium was excessive, pointing to the 10% swoon in GG's shares.

Second, he thought that the current environment was not conducive to a large takeover. Both companies are in the midst of development in a time of great competition for engineering and technical talent and short supplies and long backorders of equipment.

Twice, he said that GG was giving up 2/3rds of its shares for only a 30% increase in assets. He expected further declines in GG's stock price in the coming days.

Finally, he anticipated a shareholder revolt that may force the directors to call a vote.

As an aside, he expressed bullish views on the price of gold, though he offerred no reasons why.

He said gold would trade above $850 in 2008 and be much higher by 2010-12.

Here's ROBtv's website. Often they archive videos of interviews.

http://www.robtv.com/

OT

Can't Tagalong...but I'll walk Bisayas. Tagalog in the north, Bisaya (Visaya, Cebuano) in the south. I read one of your posts regarding Indonesian food on M2M and again had to laugh at all the similarities between Indonesian and Bisaya. Udang = Ulang (shrimp), nangka is the same (didn't realize how big jackfruit grows!!), one other that I forget. We have as many names for rice as the eskimos do for snow. :) I think I could learn it easily.

I guess it all makes sense. Who were the first people in the Philippines/Mindanao? Muslims in Cotaboto traveling from Indonesia. Christians came a couple hundred years later to Luzon, north.

Producing/applied for mineral properties in Mindanao.

AS:

Thanx I can feel the love. Love to get to the Phils someday. Maybe I can Tagalong ... Also I hear you have great Cheese Steaks or something like that.

Signed,

The Phillie Phanatic

OT

Can't Tagalong...but I'll walk Bisayas.  Tagalog in the north, Bisaya (Visaya, Cebuano) in the south.  I read one of your posts regarding Indonesian food on M2M and again had to laugh at all the similarities between Indonesian and Bisaya.  Udang = Ulang (shrimp), nangka is the same (didn't realize how big jackfruit grows!!), one other that I forget.  We have as many names for rice as the eskimos do for snow. :)  I think I could learn it easily.

I guess it all makes sense.  Who were the first people in the Philippines/Mindanao?  Muslims in Cotaboto traveling from Indonesia.  Christians came a couple hundred years later to Luzon, north.

Producing/applied for mineral properties in Mindanao.

AS:

Signed,

The Phillie Phanatic

Surely you mean the Indonesians were the first illegal immigrants. :lol: The Flips must have been settled millenia earlier by the Polys who came in their seal skin kayaks. Er I think .... :unsure:

Archived