Monthly Digger - August 2006

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that because coal just had a poor month?

Mclaren's trend take on the metals

"I do believe that 2008 will be a strong year for these metals but I believe we are approaching the time to reap. So a new high in copper can put that metal at risk of completing the bull campaign and a secondary high in Gold could occur 13 or 18 weeks from that last low and terminate its trend until the end of 2007 and set up the 2008 bull year"

http://www.mclarenreport.com.au/yvs500/default.asp?id=779

Also posted this on M2M-

Australian Uranium Plays-

If you have invested in Australian uranium exploration plays and are aware of Australia's "three mine policy" for uranium, then good luck to you.

If you have invested in Australian uranium exploration plays and have never heard of the "three mine policy" for uranium, you might want to go look at it.

Summary- Right now, the probability of getting a permit to mine uranium in any new site/strike in Australia is zero, zilch, nada. Doesn't matter how big the strike is, the yellowcake is staying in the ground, at least until both major political parties here change policy.

GLG--time to come out of the closet.

Metrosexual miner, by Wyndy's definition.

Immaculately groomed and dressed over the past year, but where are its true preferences? We'll know when it breaks out of this potential diamond pattern.

post-1352-1154409314_thumb.jpg

Been watching TIE closely ever since the story came out about the Chairman (Harold Simmons?) buying in the open market, when it was in the mid 30's back in June.

Figure if the Chairman is buying BIG, might be worth watching.

He was buying again last week. Controls over 10Million of the 150Million shares outstanding now, according to the SEC reporting stuff.

Back of the envelope, he's down at least $70million on paper, probably more, just in the last 4-6 weeks.

Now, TIE is red in premarket.

Looking at the charts, I think it might get under $10 before its over.

Not gonna try to catch the TIE falling knife myself, but when it shows sign of putting in a bottom with some breadth, think it might be worth another look.

wow 10 on tie would be a tremendous buy, i think it could get into the low 20s. it goes to show ceos are not that smart!

still think the 4quarter of 6 and 1st quarter of 07 will be great. we are still in the parabolic. 1st we have to get through august-oct which might be tough sledding. dharma

natural gas is looking promising. seasonally this is when the low should be put in.

Been watching TIE closely ever since the story came out about the Chairman (Harold Simmons?) buying in the open market, when it was in the mid 30's back in June.

Figure if the Chairman is buying BIG, might be worth watching.

He was buying again last week. Controls over 10Million of the 150Million shares outstanding now, according to the SEC reporting stuff.

Back of the envelope, he's down at least $70million on paper, probably more, just in the last 4-6 weeks.

Now, TIE is red in premarket. 

Looking at the charts, I think it might get under $10 before its over.

Not gonna try to catch the TIE falling knife myself, but when it shows sign of putting in a bottom with some breadth, think it might be worth another look.

From my recollection, he was buying at 30, 28 and 26 at those recent lows.

However, it does have a bit of that old GSS feeling to it.

post-1680-1154446620_thumb.jpg

Archived