Monthly Digger - June 2006

But if the HUI leads the physical, then physical is going down, correct? In the strange world of the Canadian currency, as the Loonies has weakened it has raised my cost to add physical. At least you Yanks don't have to worry about the currency crap - it's all pretty simple for you. One wonders if gold will ever outperform US Gold in other currencies. Not as long as the USD is continuing its bear market.

Anyways, does gold really have a war premium? Didn't seem so in the wake of 911. Eventually the Israeli conflict could become business as usual and gold won't care? I am thinking inflation is the real issue for gold. Joe and Jill sixpack have some inklings that costs are out of control (other than their pathetic wages). In my line of work we have seen our net incomes fall this year - with our Defined Benefit pension fund telling us they don't have enough money and have to raise our contribution rates. I wonder how much more of this will be happening in Canada (The US worker foolishly tossed his DBP for 401Ks) in the next few decades.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I meant business as usual as far as violence in the middle east. In the end Lebanon-Israel-Gaza don't affect oil supply.

Yes, you are right there will be a moment when the public realizes that inflation is absolutely kicking their ass. Not just at the gas pump.

I keep an eye on our company's retirement fund. What concerns me is how much US equity it still maintains - very dumb if one expect the US dollar to fall at least to 68 on the USD Index.

Archived