Communication

Datek's quotes are screwed up again. :angry: QQQ can't be down 3.5%. Quote.com doesn't seem to serve quotes for the COMPX and the NDX at the moment. Grmbl...

Regards,

Vesselin

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Datek's quotes are screwed up again. :angry: QQQ can't be down 3.5%. Quote.com doesn't seem to serve quotes for the COMPX and the NDX at the moment. Grmbl...

Regards,

Vesselin

Well, I just commented last evening on Datek and said I didnt have any problems with them. Oppps! Looks like I spoke too soon. Maybe I should have added that I dont use them for quotes...only execution.

Sorry to hear of the woes.

But, like most things, except for the Anals, you get what you pay for.

Rumor that the Venezuelan oil strike has been resolved is making it around trading desks this morning. As far as I know the oil tanker pilots have ended their strike so tankers are now available to move oil. However, oil production remains shutdown so there is no oil to put in the tankers.

monsters pump up the futures, no problem, i am quite confident we see doc's 895 today.

Well, whatever is going to happen, methinks it's going to happen sooner rather than later. All major indicies and notable stocks are around their widely watched 200dma. I suspect whichever way the verdict breaks, a pile-on effect will drive it hard in that direction -- which could include up. Of course, Mr. Market could frustrate the hell out of many by just dilly-dallying at the 200dma for an indefinite period of time.

time to short ebay?...upgraded with 90 buck target,and topping out.

I dont know about shorting ebay. Notice, this post has no TA affiliated with it.

I dont care how absurdly overvalued Ebay gets, but it seems to me, when the economy gets worse, their revenues, etc. will only increase as people look to sell all their 'crap' to the other unemployed people who are looking for "deals". Their costs have to be fixed and wont increase, so they can only do better IMO.

I fully expect all second hand stores, Good Will stores, etc will be doing a rushing business in the coming times.

Net add.

Temporary Open Market Operations: 01/21/2003

Maturity Date: 1/22/03

Delivery Date: 1/21/03

The Desk has entered the market announcing: O/N RP

Temporary Operations Statistics:

Treasury Collateral Operation Agency Collateral Operation Mortgage-Backed Collateral Operation

Weighted Average Rate

1.251 1.276 NA

Stop Out Rate (Lowest Rate Accepted) 1.240 1.270 NA

Highest Rate Submitted 1.260 1.280 1.270

Lowest Rate Submitted 1.200 1.250 1.250

Total Propostions Submitted (In $Bil.) 21.600 6.050 4.800

Total Propositions Accepted (In $Bil.) 15.230 0.770 0.000

Total Money Value of Operation (In $Bil.) 16

SOURCE: Schaeffers Research

By Andy Stout

The Gapping QQQ

Since the Nasdaq-100 Trust (QQQ - 25.31) began trading in March 1999, there have been only 50 occurrences (or about five percent) that saw the trust gap down at least two percent from the previous day's close. Friday morning became number 51, with the QQQ opening at 25.83 (2.4 percent lower than Thursday's close of 26.44). Historically, a gap of this magnitude has been a prelude for continued market weakness.

See the rest of the article...

030121qqq.gif

Archived