Trader Daily Magazine

The new monthly issue of Trader Daily is out.

Trader Daily

Of course, the cover has some 35-year old trader posing next to his Rolls Royce. Last month, some guy at the console of his Cigarrette boat.

Their motto is "See It, Make It, Spend It".

The magazine is stuffed with ads for fancy watches, fancy high-end real estate, and super high-end cars.

Ads from dealers such as Manhattan Mercedes, now with a brand new second location at The Hamptons.

Magnus Greaves, the editor, got to test drive a Ferrari F430 at the Monza track.

Only financial speculators get to enjoy this kind of wealth.

One of the featured articles was on this guy named Lewis Borsellino. A picture of an ex-football player. A classic "thick necked" CME pit trader. Full or stories of "intimidation" by this guy on the floor.

Sound familiar??

I haven't finished the magazine yet. But it has the Trader Monthly 100 in it.

The highest earning traders of 2005.

Top PigMen, HedgeFund traders, ranked according to how much of a "vast fortune" was earned last year.

Should be interesting reading for the weekend......

Happy Easter and Passover, everybody.........

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*zap*

Mortgage payments' rise stunning homoaners

Attractive low-cost options lured many into real estate buys that now threaten them with loss of their ream home.

...when a borker told her she could reduce her monthly house payment with a specialty mrotgouge, she signed on without reading the fine print....

...But now the tease is becoming the big squeeze.

Christopher Cagan, director of reamsearch for First American Ream Estate Solutions, estimates that payment shock will result in $110 Billion worth of Foreclosures nationally in the next two years.

post-257-1144966544_thumb.jpg

Something is happening now. Something new- for the first time since this 3.5 year old sucker rally began, the bond market is imploding. This rally, which has either destroyed or converted almost every bear out there, is about to show its true face. I've been wrong before (who on this site, bear OR ex-bear, hasn't?), but this is a completely new variable. "The consumer" will NOT be able to ride this out, especially coupled with these insane gas prices. Import prices down -0.4% in March. What a joke- and the bond market is (FINALLY!) figuring it out.

R.I.P., bond bubble. R.I.P., real estate bubble. And soon- perhaps VERY soon- R.I.P., stock bubble redux. It was all fun while it lasted.

Something is happening now.  Something new- for the first time since this 3.5 year old sucker rally began, the bond market is imploding.  This rally, which has either destroyed or converted almost every bear out there, is about to show its true face.  I've been wrong before (who on this site, bear OR ex-bear, hasn't?), but this is a completely new variable.  "The consumer" will NOT be able to ride this out, especially coupled with these insane gas prices.  Import prices down -0.4% in March.  What a joke- and the bond market is (FINALLY!) figuring it out.

R.I.P., bond bubble.  R.I.P., real estate bubble.  And soon- perhaps VERY soon- R.I.P., stock bubble redux.  It was all fun while it lasted.

yup

post-257-1144967137_thumb.jpg

*zap*

Mortgage payments' rise stunning homoaners

Attractive low-cost options lured many into real estate buys that now threaten them with loss of their ream home.

...when a borker told her she could reduce her monthly house payment with a specialty mrotgouge, she signed on without reading the fine print....

...But now the tease is becoming the big squeeze.

Christopher Cagan, director of reamsearch for First American Ream Estate Solutions, estimates that payment shock will result in $110 Billion worth of Foreclosures nationally in the next two years.

Happy Easter and Passover to one and all--

Faber has nice spread on Bull and Bear markets--he says"Right now all ,all,all alll allllllllll; alllllllllllllllllllllllll; alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll asset classes are BEARIIIIIIIISHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH RELATIVE TO

gOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

BEARDRECH :ph34r: :ph34r: tHE TRANSLATION OF WORDS "oPEN o SEASAME" is "SILVER"

4:20 pm: The broader market opened with little fanfare and closed in much the same fashion, as investors weighed what should be a reasonably good Q1 reporting season against surging bond yields and rising oil prices, while the Nasdaq extended its year-to-date gain to more than 5.0%. Nevertheless, our market view remains Neutral since it will be difficult for stocks to make much headway given the negative psychological impact of 10-yr note yields above 5.00% for the first time in nearly four years and crude futures approaching $70 per barrel. As an aside, the lack of investor participation, with volumes well below average as traders headed home early for the holiday weekend, also lent little credibility behind the market's performance as more notable economic data and a plethora of influential earnings reports next week will set a more definitive tone for the overall market.

The 10-yr note plunging 14 ticks to yield 5.03% was one of the day's most significant news items but the market shrugged off higher bond yields long enough to maintain modest gains into the close. Treasuries were weak across the yield curve amid ongoing concerns that the Fed may go too far with monetary policy to keep inflation in check. Worries were exacerbated late in the day following hawkish commentary from Fed Governor Donald Kohn. Today's economic data did little to sideline such worries as March retail sales came in as expected but were consistent with current forecasts of 4 1/2% or more Q1 real GDP growth.

Meanwhile, investors were also focused on General Electric (GE 33.79 -0.67), which reported double-digit growth in Q1 earnings and revenue. While GE's solid quarter underscores our Overweight rating on Industrials, management merely reaffirming their FY06

Something is happening now.  Something new- for the first time since this 3.5 year old sucker rally began, the bond market is imploding.  This rally, which has either destroyed or converted almost every bear out there, is about to show its true face.  I've been wrong before (who on this site, bear OR ex-bear, hasn't?), but this is a completely new variable.  "The consumer" will NOT be able to ride this out, especially coupled with these insane gas prices.  Import prices down -0.4% in March.  What a joke- and the bond market is (FINALLY!) figuring it out.

R.I.P., bond bubble.  R.I.P., real estate bubble.  And soon- perhaps VERY soon- R.I.P., stock bubble redux.  It was all fun while it lasted.

I am afraid you are correct. The question is how much, how soon? :blink: :blink:

*DJ Fed's Bies: Seeing Mixed Signals From Housing Market

*DJ Fed's Bies: Real Estate Investors Driving Housing Crisis

*DJ Fed's Bies: US Econ Growth As Good As It Gets

Did not know we were in a Housing Crisis...I thought everything was ok according to the Fed and its Apostles....These comments may be a clue for what is coming.

The headlines on MarketWatch.com this afternoon read: "Nasdaq Stands Out". It is humorous to me how although the Nasdaq has lost more than the Dow (percentage) since the recent highs and is merely retracing a portion of the recent down move BULLISH sentiment is still overwhelming. :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Something is happening now.? Something new- for the first time since this 3.5 year old sucker rally began, the bond market is imploding.? This rally, which has either destroyed or converted almost every bear out there, is about to show its true face.? I've been wrong before (who on this site, bear OR ex-bear, hasn't?), but this is a completely new variable.? "The consumer" will NOT be able to ride this out, especially coupled with these insane gas prices.?  Import prices down -0.4% in March.? What a joke- and the bond market is (FINALLY!) figuring it out.

R.I.P., bond bubble.? R.I.P., real estate bubble.? And soon- perhaps VERY soon- R.I.P., stock bubble redux.? It was all fun while it lasted.

yup

:lol: Honey is on CNBS explaining how rising interest rates show a strong economy. :blink: :blink:

Archived