Monthly Digger - February 2006

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JS giving people a heads up on silver ETF on his site today.  Looks like the setup is leaning towards trading in physical vs. paper.

This is the first time I have heard him mention Silver in such a positive light. I really don't think it matters much one way or the other whether the Silver ETF sees the light of day. It's by far my largest position and think we see at least a 5 bagger in the next ten years. At least.

I am really impressed with GSS today.

They can release bad earnings and the stock no longer goes down (more than intraday).  Expectations are extremely low.  Bad news is no longer hammering the stock.  People were willing to buy the pullback right away, even with the bad earnings report.

The majority of their 3c loss was due to the temporary mine closure back in october. 

Of course, that still continues the string of earnings releases that are 'greater than expected loss and an excuse'.

I sold my TRE and SLW today and bought a load of GSS and more CDE. I think TRE and SLW lag this last leg up. I can see 7.50 CDE and 5.50 for GSS if we go parabolic in the metals in the next few weeks. Ideally I'd like to reload TRE and SLW considerably lower after the inevitable shakeout. As Ageka said we are on borrowed time and this leg could end at any time. TRE is at a very important crossroads short term here.

They can release bad earnings and the stock no longer goes down (more than intraday).? Expectations are extremely low.? Bad news is no longer hammering the stock.? People were willing to buy the pullback right away, even with the bad earnings report.

The majority of their 3c loss was due to the temporary mine closure back in october.?

Of course, that still continues the string of earnings releases that are 'greater than expected loss and an excuse'.

I sold my TRE and SLW today and bought a load of GSS and more CDE. I think TRE and SLW lag this last leg up. I can see 7.50 CDE and 5.50 for GSS if we go parabolic in the metals in the next few weeks. Ideally I'd like to reload TRE and SLW considerably lower after the inevitable shakeout. As Ageka said we are on borrowed time and this leg could end at any time. TRE is at a very important crossroads short term here.

I put that stop too high on the GSS, shoulda known the boogers were going to take me out then bring it right back. It did act well, so are CDE and HL. CDE the stronger of the two.

My hesitation is with the broad market as Dharma points out, so I've been locking in some profits and adding here and there on miners - this is probably the lowest % I've had in the miners in awhile, and I'm afraid the train may leave the station without me. :(

OTOH, if the broads go down hard, and these hold up, I'm going to be buying.

Luck all.

They can release bad earnings and the stock no longer goes down (more than intraday).  Expectations are extremely low.  Bad news is no longer hammering the stock.  People were willing to buy the pullback right away, even with the bad earnings report.

The majority of their 3c loss was due to the temporary mine closure back in october. 

I put that stop too high on the GSS, shoulda known the boogers were going to take me out then bring it right back. It did act well, so are CDE and HL. CDE the stronger of the two.

My hesitation is with the broad market as Dharma points out, so I've been locking in some profits and adding here and there on miners - this is probably the lowest % I've had in the miners in awhile, and I'm afraid the train may leave the station without me. :(

OTOH, if the broads go down hard, and these hold up, I'm going to be buying.

Luck all.

OH the sobs dropped GSS right to the 10 day MA. The short interest and hate level on this stock are so high it can't help but go higher. I'd buy it back.

well... you never know what their thinking at weekly resistance..

consistancy says... sell reisistance

but if it's a big jump over that resisitance.. then watch for an intraday retest to see if it holds..

I think they beat the living hell out of this stock to teach Bill Murphy a lesson. :lol: I have a good feeling about it. It's broken that downtrend line and bounced off support in a big way today. Shorts are going to get roasted on this one. I smell blood.

post-1718-1138943849_thumb.jpg

Archived