Monthly Digger - January 2006

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ran across articles by Petch at the Safe Haven site - well worth the read. I believe Petch is pondering some interesting final targets for Gold and Silver that coincides with what I believe is possible in a very long term cycle of 500 years.

Petch

If anyone has read the Great Reckoning by Rees Mogg and Davidson they too discuss 500 year cycles. Years 1000 to 1500 were prosperous, whereas the 1500's ushered in the dark ages. So while we've disussed 20-21 year cycles and shorter term cycles - what about the 500 year cycle - eh?

If you look at the 500 year charts on Gold and Silver it certainly looks that we have hit a bottom. Here's 7 waves down on Silver ... one can dream - LOL!

post-1351-1136253177_thumb.jpg

I ran across articles by Petch at the Safe Haven site - well worth the read. I believe Petch is pondering some interesting final targets for Gold and Silver that coincides with what I believe is possible in a very long term cycle of 500 years.

Petch

If anyone has read the Great Reckoning by Rees Mogg and Davidson they too discuss 500 year cycles. Years 1000 to 1500 were prosperous, whereas the 1500's ushered in the dark ages. So while we've disussed 20-21 year cycles and shorter term cycles - what about the 500 year cycle - eh?

If you look at the 500 year charts on Gold and Silver it certainly looks that we have hit a bottom. Here's 7 waves down on Silver ... one can dream - LOL!

Prechter, although widely discredited the last little while :D ) pointed out this long cycle in his 1980 book. We could experience an overthrow is regards to the pm's. After all if we rally towards 2020 that's only 20 years in a 500 year cycle.

Although the chart doesn't show all of 1000 to 1500 it looks like a steady upward price for those 500 years. That last spike down in it's extreme indicates a bottom in my mind.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'We could experience an overthrow'???

Prechter, although widely discredited the last little while :D ) pointed out this long cycle in his 1980 book. We could experience an overthrow is regards to the pm's. After all if we rally towards 2020 that's only 20 years in a 500 year cycle.

Although the chart doesn't show all of 1000 to 1500 it looks like a steady upward price for those 500 years. That last spike down in it's extreme indicates a bottom in my mind.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'We could experience an overthrow'???

It is possible that we have seen the inflationary highs in some commodities. Overthrow was the wrong word. Extension would be more accurate.

tonight Feb. gold making new highs silver following

what has been interesting is how gold stocks showed supply on Dec. 12 along with gold topping out in the 540 area.. but the strong hands basically held their shares.. or the supply was absorbed...

let the games begin..

Here's the next thing to look for..

"The U.S. Dollar has been artificially supported in recent weeks by an inflow of U.S. Dollars resulting from repatriation. The abrupt ending of repatriation will cause significant weakness in the U.S. Dollar relative to other major world currencies starting in January. Assets priced in U.S. Dollars in world markets (e.g. precious metals, base metals, forest products, grains) could benefit."

http://dvtechtalk.com/January/January3.htm

Gold Fields has been slowly sweeping up shares of Bolivar and now owns about 19.85 percent of the company.

The South African firm, the world's fourth largest gold producer, launched its friendly bid for Bolivar in November, with the aim of increasing foreign output.

The Toronto-based company operates the Choco 10 open pit mine in Venezuela, which is expected to produce 48,000 ounces in 2005 and 190,000 in 2006.

Bolivar will hold a special meeting for shareholders on Jan. 12.

Shares of Bolivar rose 2 Canadian cents to C$2.93 on the Toronto Stock

site

Missed this news. I bought GFI recently, probably why it is in a holding pattern.

Archived