Monthly Digger - January 2006

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HUI +20!!  Whoa!

:D

And I love how gold has come back so strong after a recent sharp correction.  Amazing, what looked like an intermediate high now looks like only a short term high that we're about to break (and in the HUI, of course, already did a while back).  Punishes those who are trying to trade.... ;)

Does the quick rise in gold indicate a double top in gold for the intermediate term?

St Andrews SAS.TO Anyone have an idea what is going on the last 2 days? St Andrews acquired a holding from Kinross. I am much less bullish on St Andrews these days with 600 million shares outstanding.

On Friday, SAS was up on something like 10 times average volume. Today it was up briefly but is slightly down on massive volume again.

By my measures of it's soon to produce mine, I value SAS at 21 cents only.

Feed .. yes, I'm "itching". Don't want to give back my profits (like last time), but also VERY careful because lots of miners I hold are still so damn cheaply priced in comparison to their lows AND the universe of resource companies.

For example.. CDE, KGC and HL, and ALL those junior Canadians; still at chicken feed prices.

BTW, Gold up overseas another $3.40, Silver .07

for Hadjin

RLO

On the hourly, notice the neg divergences on the MACD (too horizontal fast line) and slow sto's (which are pointing down). If I personally was looking for an entry, I'd wait for a quick spike below the 50 ema with tight stops. These low volume equities are the hardest for TA use, imo.

big.chart?symb=rlo&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=2&maval=50&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=4&lf3=32&type=2&size=2&state=10&sid=1990751&style=320&time=18&freq=8&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=825&mocktick=1

Feed ..  yes, I'm "itching".  Don't want to give back my profits (like last time), but also VERY careful because lots of miners I hold are still so damn cheaply priced in comparison to their lows AND the universe of resource companies.

For example.. CDE, KGC and HL, and ALL those junior Canadians; still at chicken feed prices.

BTW, Gold up overseas another $3.40, Silver .07

Perhaps victims of the strong Canadian dollar. The HUI is now a record 34 points higher than the SP TSX Gold index. Up 21 today with the TSX Gold only up 11 points.

Archived