HUI P/E ratio

Does anyone rely know what the P/E ratio and dividend yield is excluding china play FXC????

Ok if one can?t find that data how about HUI as it stand,

How about asking those Gold experts what is the difference between Tech and Gold stocks???

What do the gold salesman talks about??? earning, dividend yield, CEO?s compensation packages, forward selling Yellow stuff or Something else, or how gold behave many years ago and they made lots of money playing the game both ways ??

Do they ever talk about earnings???

Earning doesn?t matter because it?s linked to the stuff that is going up.

What is the difference between Crap Vision and Gold Experts???

I will post some charts once we get more info

post-331-1134312020_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that strikes me about this gold rally is how intensely negative the opinions about it are. I mean, I don't remember people screaming, "BUBBLE!!! BUBBLE!!! SELL! SELL! SELL!" When google almost doubled TWICE within a matter of weeks. I mean, look at this:

Gold off 24-3/4-year highs, but sentiment bullish

Sentiment BULLISH?! Not in this article:

"Japanese buyers are key to the move, although I don't think many people understand why they have really bought," said John Reade, precious metals anal cyst at UBS Investment Bank.

Yes, and pieces of paper with George Washington's face are MUCH more worthwhile. Talk about not understanding! It gets better...

"One day we'll walk in and it will be down $25 -- and it always comes down faster than it goes up," said Jeremy East, global head of precious metals at Commerzbank.

Is that a fact? Actually, it's not- it's a complete lie. See for yourself. Just don't strain your eyes, looking for those enormous, sudden drops:

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/au3650nyb.gif

Of course, the author won't challenge that assertion. Can't imagine why.

And speaking of bullish sentiment:

Gold nearing heavy correction

Gee, there's a perfectly non-biased sentiment! My favorite quote:

?The problem is that price spikes tend to end and when they do the price in gold, silver and platinum comes down faster than it?s gone up.?

From a completely different guy from the previous article, by the way. They must share the same rather small brain.

Bottom line- yes, gold can (and probably will) correct in the near future. Maybe even heavily! But for the future, thanks to Bernanke, Greenspan, and these yokels, there's only one direction gold can go- up. That'll be the case, until it becomes "common knowledge that gold always goes up". Then, and only then, will we see REAL gold kooks!

post-1314-1134444037_thumb.gif

post-1314-1134444109_thumb.gif

Gold going up which I can understand. The point I was trying to make was why no one is talking about P/E or yield on gold stocks when those same writers are Complaining that Tech and Broad are in bubble land with sky high P/E and yielding very little.

Most are making loses at $500 so all its doing is keeping the dead miners on life support It?s not a way to run real biz.

Let?s say there is enough liquidity to create many manias.

"all its doing is keeping the dead miners on life support It?s not a way to run real biz."

Feed ..  what are you saying ??  Thanks

What I am saying is one must avoid companies that can?t make a decent profit and so call gold experts. Growth and profit is the first thing experts should be talking about. At least Crap vision talks about profits.

If one takes out few miners from HUI index then one will see negative P/E why isn?t anyone taking about it when gold has doubled????? Some of the miners will see their price go up when the mania returns, not because they offer best investment vehicle. In some cases share price will go down while gold heads up.

Growth and Profit is the most important ingredient for any companies to be successful and share price will move accordingly. Avoid rubbish at all cost leave that for the dreamers

Feed ... Thanks.. True; that thought you expressed in prior posts as well. Yes, even now we see the cream rising .. better asset plays and low cost out of the ground Companies are the ones that moved best.

regards and thanks

Archived