Monthly Digger - December 2005

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KRY: crying a river for not listening to TCG!

Bah. I mentioned noone following me into these trades because the risk at the time WAS there, and STILL is for all intents and purposes. Plenty of places to make dough in this sector.

These are for a trade as far as I'm concerned. Nothing more.

Watching the laggard GRZ explode today. About time for a little catch up to the other two. This was my point from the other night....if someone was inclined to "TAKE ON RISK" and participate. Again, I didn't advocate a trade in the issue because of the risk.

GBN, the Volume is there in spades today. Let's see some price action. If this stock holds true to form...watch the last half hour. If it's going to do anything...it will then.

Congrats on the baby AS, my Birthday is March 11th, a great month to be born in.

Best,

TCG

TCG

Crabbits here. If you don't mind my asking, I thought you said you had some core holdings that you weren't trading like RGLD. Do you have others?

Do you consider GSS and HL trades as well?

I have 10% of my portfolio in GRS, I imagine momo Meta is looking at it. :D

Does anyone else hold GRS as a core? It has been one of my best performers in the last two years.

No I don't mind you asking. In relation to the metals sector...I manage a foundation. In the foundation I hold core positions only which are not traded. I have my own core account, and then two trading accounts. The original stocks I purchased for the core after the miner strike are GLG, PAAS, GFI, HMY, HL, GSS, EGO, RGLD, SSRI and GG(also had WHT). I've sat through all corrections in these accounts and I will sit through any going forward, until "I" see the full fruition of what I'm expecting, and were barely into the second inning from my view in the box seats. Last year I added SLW to the core. No additions or other subtractions. Although, I do hold a half dozen Canadians that have good prospects.

The trading account I utilize swing trades. Selling into strength, and buying on weakness, but keeping a full trade on over the whole length of strength in the swing. Swings can last 6, 12, 18 months at a time...This is the best method I've found. I take my profits off - completely...at the end of the swing and put them into the physical metal AFTER an a-b-c down.

I only purchased stocks after initially purchasing 25% of my liquid net assets into the physical metal. I'm an advocate for holding the physical metal throughout your lifetime, not as a hedge, but a wealth holding that will keep purchasing power.

Best,

TCG

Thanks Coin Guy..

Hey ..I just relaized that I am more nervous when I'm making money with my miners than I am when I'm losing it. I mean .. I really felt the truth of it.

Yikes...

XAU:

If I'm wrong on the triangle pattern and wave 4 is a more complex pattern such as a double zig-zag, the likely support level is the prior wave iv of one lesser degree of trend. That would be 101.06.

The bearishness in the trend and overought indicators may support a larger correction.

Gold would have to fall below $480, in which case its next support is 455.50.

Thanks. I guess that news is weighing against the fundamentals for Kinross.

dharma: TRE answering your call, nice!

EGO/CUP: taking no prisoners

CBJ: yoyo stock alternating 5% moves...ready to bust to the upside IMO.

GSS: closes one gap only to leave another?

GOLD: nobody cares .. awesome sign.

GBN: papa smurf, are we there yet?

KRY: crying a river for not listening to TCG!

By my reckoning, and I could be smoking crack here, Cambior should be trading at $3.00 right now and is at least worth $4.00. I'm basing this on its forward looking fundamentals for 2006. It will be practically unhedged and producing over 600,000 ounces. Yet, it cannot even get its ass beyond 2.50. Is there something I'm not seeing in the fundamentals that explains it value here?

TCG

Crabbits here. If you don't mind my asking, I thought you said you had some core holdings that you weren't trading like RGLD. Do you have others?

Do you consider GSS and HL trades as well?

Does anyone else hold GRS as a core? It has been one of my best performers in the last two years.

Nope, I mo-mo'd this:

big.chart?symb=tre&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=6&maval=20,50,200&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=268435456&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=48480&style=350&time=7&freq=1&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=2811&mocktick=1&.gif

But more involved with mo-mo semis....for now. :P

Is there something I'm not seeing in the fundamentals that explains it value here?

I would toss the fundamentals out the door and look at the charts recently posted by TCG, Meta, & FF. The chart says it all - it's doing exactly what it has in the past. If that pattern continues and why not, then we are at the cusp of explosion, there may be a little more work to the downside left to do, but it'll be short. At this point, I feel it's too risky to try to trade these 5% swings everyday, for fear of missing out on the run. You are looking at 2.50 just like me...a break of 2.40 will set the stage, which I believe to be imminent.

TCG

? Crabbits here. If you don't mind my asking, I thought you said you had some core holdings that you weren't trading like RGLD. Do you have others?

?  Do you consider GSS and HL trades as well?

Nope, I mo-mo'd this:

big.chart?symb=tre&compidx=aaaaa:0&ma=6&maval=20,50,200&uf=0&lf=4&lf2=32&lf3=268435456&type=4&size=2&state=11&sid=48480&style=350&time=7&freq=1&comp=NO_SYMBOL_CHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=2811&mocktick=1&.gif

But more involved with mo-mo semis....for now. :P

I bought some TRE yesterday too. $3.22 I'm late to the party, but hey, it's MY party and I can be late if I want to, right? :blink:

Mo moing semi's is blasphemous - but smart. :)

Looking like good things ahead folks. Especially for the deadbeats. CBJ has management issues, they'll still rally though. When GSS, HL and CBJ really take off, then I'll be scared again.

For now, I'm just grateful to be having a good year. Luck all.

Is there something I'm not seeing in the fundamentals that explains it value here?

I would toss the fundamentals out the door and look at the charts recently posted by TCG, Meta, & FF. The chart says it all - it's doing exactly what it has in the past. If that pattern continues and why not, then we are at the cusp of explosion, there may be a little more work to the downside left to do, but it'll be short. At this point, I feel it's too risky to try to trade these 5% swings everyday, for fear of missing out on the run. You are looking at 2.50 just like me...a break of 2.40 will set the stage, which I believe to be imminent.

Thanks for the advice. Actually looking to double up my position, but only if we have signigicant upside. I will go search for those charts.

Archived