Monthly Digger - October 2005

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure I understand the level of bearishness here. Seems like we just (barely) broke above some pretty tough resistance right here. I imagine there is a big cluster between here and 260.

I don't recall October being horrible the last 3 years, seems like gold stocks did pretty well in Q3-4 time period.

I gotta tell ya - i heard that Octber stuff on cnbs and it makes me suspicious. If we're in a "wave 3" the pullback isn't going to be too deep.

I hope. :)

getting kinda excited chere about the next upcoming gold move...those with little exposure should be taking adavantage of this weakness to load up...would like to see the Euro hold above 1.1944...so far so goober...barely...need to bounce here.

Looking at the monthly charts of some of the NG stocks, I think it's just beginning. The small companies like TGC, PYR, ENY, BDCO, etc without GOM exposure look good here. They appear to be breaking out, with the 50ma providing RS here.

I see a correction / consolidation, then continued up.

Also the monthly chart of VXENE says accumulate imo.

Do the DD.

Picture_2.pdf

Silver stocks leverage

thank you Alterego(Gold-Eagle) for this on silver leverage

LEVERAGE OF SILVER MINING COMPANIES

(AlterEgo) Oct 04, 08:19

http://www.abcourt.com/autogere_doc/Silver...age_Abcourt.pdf

MGN seems impressive

Thankyou for that wxman - will give your chart a review. Although my reservations as noted previously, I'm getting excited about silver as well. Currently my positions are MRB MGN GRS WTZ SSRI as well several juniors, BCM, AQI, etc. in that order. Recently I've been accumulating WTZ.

Of interest to gold and silver for the October contract month (a non-delivery month), there has been an unprecedented aprox. 9000 deliveries (900,000 oz) in gold and 300 (1.5M oz) in silver (COMEX has aprox. 2M oz.). Reportedly, Bank of Nova Scotia took all the silver and some of the gold.

Getting interesting.

goober out B)

Hooey LT Timing Model: Long....Caution Flag is Up.

Model sells on a break of 231.50 ....

MACD turns negative causing caution flag to go up.

Personally I am in cash since the Sept 19 ugly candle and waiting for resolution.

No argument here. If we go into dharma's scenario a bit I'm thinking a move that fools the folks who sold correctly north of here then breaks this last bottom under 232 launches into fifth wave leaving most behind. There is multi decade resistance in Gold 500-505. A 50% retrace of the move 850-250 is 550. These are interesting times. FWIW there is fib resistance around 127 XAU. That might mark the top. The bugz will be gunning for 150. Bagholders. Looking for someplace to go, long. Maybe a couple of weeks? Who knows? 206-219 HUI is this goobs best guess.

Sorry, trying to lay low for a few days...

Thing that comes to mind is... Early October pullback.. HUI 227 confluence..

you probably remember better than me..

with that... I feel like ol gold geezer... I got a few ledge apes hanging around my neck and my head is tired...

Sorry, trying to lay low for a few days...

Thing that comes to mind is... Early October pullback.. HUI 227 confluence..

you probably remember better than me..

with that... I feel like ol gold geezer... I got a few ledge apes hanging around my neck and my head is tired...

ledge apes? Sounds like a Yosemite big wall climber. :lol: :ph34r:

XAU:

Classic example of a Bull that tries to buck one off.

At three degrees of trend we are at or completing 4th wave corrections. This results in a sideways and trendless market.

The daily has 3 waves that appear incomplete and without MACD divergence.

It's still a bull market for the miners, I believe.

Correction target is 107. Ultimate target is 127.

post-1352-1128485136_thumb.png

post-1352-1128485546_thumb.png

Miners taking it on the chin in Euroland this morning.

Miners drag on London benchmark

Heavyweights BHP Billiton (UK:BLT: news, chart, profile) (BHP: news, chart, profile) and Rio Tinto (UK:RIO: news, chart, profile) (RTP: news, chart, profile) dropped 3.2%, Xstrata (UK:XTA: news, chart, profile) declined 3.3% and Anglo American (UK:AAL: news, chart, profile) (AAUK: news, chart, profile) lost 2.7%.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?...D&siteid=google

Archived