Supermodels on deck

Yes, but this mean that new home prices are set to go up due to these costs?

costs of CONstruction going up

but wanna-be new homoaners are already stretched beyond what they can afford to pay

StagFlation

post-257-1126232303_thumb.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the stock operators control the market... as they should...

then most likely they were controlling the trading range..

"Breadth was negative as advancers trailed decliners by 12-to-20 on the NYSE and by 12-to-18 on the Nasdaq exchange."

and the vol was above average...

nah...

I'm stuck holding the bag on this POS dog at at average price of $1.01 :(

tried to bottom fish but the bottom got a little lower  <_<

hoping for a Gov't helicopter to swoop in now and do a $caSSh takeover :lol:

they'd better hurry before mgmt runs what's left into the ground :angry:

Shorty--No joke

I just got in and after watching cnn for a few minutes your signature about cannibalism doesn't seem so bizarre--

The reason is that some mutilated womans, bodies mostly covered out of concern for viewer sensibilities,were shown--and the ignorant colloquey between anchor and newsguy compelled me to rethink the Robinson tag---

I thought--could this be ocnfirmation of ....???? Naaaah

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: I will forever keepon forgetting that "most times reality will always outstrip the imgination"""

Captain,

I think that emails like these just underline the sense of anger and frustration in the community more than any great threat to the Oil companies.

But I do think that this anger and frustration is bearish for the economy... ;)

Bris : Understood. Lots of shock here is the US. Plenty of stupid politician's on TV commenting about actions needing to be taken against Big Oil price gougers. Clowns.

I chuckled when I heard an oilman say on news radio that by that same logic why the Politicians weren't taking actions against excessive rises in house prices ! :lol:

I'm taking the gasoline price rises in my stride. It costs me ~50% increase more to fill my car up. However, that 50% is what I spend on beer on a friday night: Either I'm a alcoholic or my distance to work is pretty short. :lol:

I'm stuck holding the bag on this POS dog at at average price of $1.01 :(

tried to bottom fish but the bottom got a little lower? <_<

hoping for a Gov't helicopter to swoop in now and do a $caSSh takeover :lol:

they'd better hurry before mgmt runs what's left into the ground :angry:

Shorty--No joke

I just got in and after watching cnn for a few minutes your signature about cannibalism doesn't seem so bizarre--

The reason is that some mutilated womans, bodies mostly covered out of concern for viewer sensibilities,were shown--and the ignorant colloquey between anchor and newsguy compelled me to rethink the Robinson tag---

I thought--could this be ocnfirmation of ....???? Naaaah

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: I will forever keepon forgetting that "most times reality will always outstrip the imgination"""

Doubt it's cannibalism. This pic taken this week in Louisiana is a reminder that it's still a swamp...

post-2169-1126234314_thumb.jpg

Anecdotal:

I just spoke with my younger bro, who still inhabits the great concrete wasteland (LA), and he told me that one of friends was starting to panic..apparently he took one of those adjustable mortgages with the Zero interest teaser, and has been shocked that his rate just keeps goin' up..I guess his rate is now 6.9%, versus 4 something 18 months ago.....

It begins...

I also don't know if this was already posted...

New Home Sales Post A New Record in July, But Median Price Declined

Although new homes sales are soaring, prices of new homes show a distinct downward trend. On a month-to-month basis, prices of new homes have dropped in five out of the seven months of 2005. On a year-to-year basis, the median price of a single family home at 203,800 is down 4.1% from a year ago. This is the largest monthly decline since early 1991.

Hey, but they're makin' it up in volume... :lol:

I wonder if that can be interpreted in a manner similar to a stock. Large price decline on volume? Maybe homebuilders see the writings on the wall and are lowering prices to lure buyers similar to how the car manufacturers have done so over the years.

Charvo Kay

Do you remember that lady,Elizabth JKubler Ross(sp?) who wrote a book about the various emotional stages terminally ill patients went through on their way to death? The first was denial ,second anger and so on through intermediate stages until final metaphysical acceptance?

I'm sure a perusal of that tome by your dis-Armed friend might be of value--not for its organismic similarity but for the emotional spectrum he is about to go through--

You might lift his spirits by telling him that as foolish as he was the USG,even more foolish in enabling this fiasco to go on, will legislate something that will allow him and millions of others to squat in their homes despite their financial infirmities

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: You may keep your home Master Squatter--but remember this:you will never ever get your garbage collected again--and never iwll the municipality respond to your emergencies whether fire or ambulance needing health condition--live in the shell tax free but forever remain out of the loop of civilization--

===But but this is America---

A quick overview of the energy situation, and it doesn't look good...

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editoria.../2005/0908.html

The energy situation is much worse than commonly perceived. I just hope that the Fed prints up a lot of dollars, so people can heat their homes this winter like they did in the Weimar republic (above).

Beardrech,

Do you remember that lady,Elizabth JKubler Ross(sp?) who wrote a book about the various emotional stages terminally ill patients went through on their way to death? The first was denial ,second anger and so on through intermediate stages until final metaphysical acceptance?

I do recall Homer Simpson going thru those various emotional stages after eating Foo Gu...except he did them all in 5 minutes... :P

and to the cricket loving community,its do or die time for the Aussies... :o

Here's a quote from the bakersfield article that PD posted:

"I very much do feel the pressure of this being a bubble that's going to burst," said Don Moody, a Bakersfield resident who makes a 160-mile commute roundtrip to his job in Los Angeles County daily.

Moody, a field services worker for the city of Santa Clarita, has seen his house more than double in value to $375,000 from the $142,000 he paid for it in 2000. Now he's wondering whether he should cash out and move back to his native Texas.

That guy is insane. At a minimum, assuming 30mpg, he is spending $16 a day on gas (if his car runs on regular) or $320 a month. If his vehicle averages 20mpg he is spending $24 a day or $480 a month. Just on gas.

Timewise he is spending probably 3 hours a day driving, or 60 hours a month assuming he works 20 days a month.

While his home is appreciating his expenses for driving are huge. His yearly costs for fuel are between $3840 and $5760 assuming that he gets decent milage. He also spends 720 hours, or 30 24 hour days on the road.

If he fails to sell now, and his "profits" evaporate, he'll be completely screwed. Hope he likes living in the armpit of SoCal. :P

MDPOrter

As a doctor (MD) you're probably familiar with the medical phenomenon called shock;and that some people who have had a relativley minor accident will for some unfathomable reason will,to some observers, simply keel over and die--

I believe all of us differ in our abilities to withstand various shocks,not necessarily physical accidents,but shocks of recognizing either the death of a loved one or the recognition that all of their economic foundations are really vavaporising before their eyes--

And so shocking is this revelation they spin out of control and continue driving 120 miles a day as if paralysed---

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: See the logical dilemma of Buridan's ass

PPS I just htought of it--what we've witnessed occuring in New Orlyans with real drowning is happening in millions of American homes currently dry as a bone--How so-?? The experience described above has elements even though its like drowning on dry land---ask the person going thhrough it for corroberation

GM to End Employee Pricing

How many cars do ya think they'll sell in October?? :lol:

The only way GM is going to be able to sell Autos in the fall is if after they consummate the sales agreement, they will permit their frequent flyer customers to drive a wooden stake into the heart of the salesman--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: No matter how far we advance as a civilization there will always be room,especially during periods like we are going through now, for rituals of sacrifice--after all, the G*ds must be propitiated somehow--

Archived