Unfilled Gap Down Finally Appears?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liz Ann Sonders.

I remember her recommending JDSU and PMCS in early 2001.

What happened to those calls?

Now she says buy Apollo Group (APOL), where insiders are selling like mad?

She needs to go back to her sorority house, her country club, her patrician parents in Westchester County, and stick with being social chairman of the Exeter Park Tennis Club...

post-7-1042854681_thumb.jpg

biggs was forced to turn bullish a few months back,I think he regrets being "forced to do so".

I think thats why he's out of morgan.

I don't know if Barton was "forced" to make that call but, I do think he was way early in makin' it. :grin:

I wonder how crudlow is feeling about his"pe's are not that important"speech a week or so ago.

i'm sure he was loadin up on puts the whole time.I really don't think he is that stupid,I think they are being"TOLD"exactly what to say on hankyvision.to say something like that is beyond irresponsible.

AssMaster: it's not just the small guys buying these PPOs convertible issues. Morgan's PCS division requires minimum $5M assets. Personally, the LAST place I'd tie up my funds would be these pigs-in-a-poke. I'm just pointing out how desperate WS is getting to pimp something, anything.

I wonder how crudlow is feeling about his"pe's are not that important"speech a week or so ago.

i'm sure he was loadin up on puts the whole time.I really don't think he is that stupid,I think they are being"TOLD"exactly what to say on hankyvision.to say something like that is beyond irresponsible.

Kudlow has been saying the same thing for twenty friggin' years. He will say the same thing, right or wrong for the next twenty years. Pay him no mind. Please.

There are few things more opaque than insurance company accounting.

Variable product sales across the sector have plunged, precipitously, in the past year or two. By staggering percentages.

The perceived safety of product, once esCHEWED , like whole life, is making it much more attractive, again.

Don't get too excited about insurer's reserves. The adequacy of their capital ratios was a list on Crapvision of items allegedly troubling the market.

One or two HUGE failures and there will be enormous distress. We saw that in the late 1990's with Executive Life (junk bonds) and Mutual Benefit (commercial real estate) - the only thing that prevented a crisis then were foreign "white knights" riding into the "rescue", in this observers opinion. There aren't many of those now, if any, GUESSES The BARE should something happen again, which it might, cuz, in the meanwhile companies have STEAKed their futures on huge bets on variable product, now going sidewaze on 'em. HRFF read a blurb in the paper that the failure of one of the two, would, allegedly have caused a liability of approximately $750 million to the WA state general fund under the state-based guarantee system.

Guest mr. casual

Kudlow has been saying the same thing for twenty friggin' years. He will say the same thing, right or wrong for the next twenty years. Pay him no mind. Please.

Larry starting to look like he might need a drink or , perhaps, some peruvian flake. Maybe he did put his money where his mouth is :grin:

FDIC

Is ok if 1 bank goes down... but not a 1000 to 3000 when the bank runs start...(The US has 12,000 individual banking institutions.)

If it ain't in your hand you got nothing...

Thats why I'm in physical silver for savings... I don't like being ripped off...

...AT ALL!

It would drive me insane...

When the whole thing goes "down" FDIC will be revealed to be like everything else in the banking world... Smoke and mirrors.

Tonight I was having a couple of beers with a friend after work and we were discussing our investments (we were thinking about champagne after the day we had). We got to 401Ks and neither of us had anything in the choices from our respective companies' plans that was PM or bearish. I mentioned that I hope I don't need mine in 20 years because everyone in my age area, whether they can do the yearly limit like I do every year or not, is going to be screwed.

By coincidence, when I got home Vanguard, my firms' plan provider, had sent me a packet so I could "see all the new choices I have!" as well as the old ones. The funds offered to me went from "Agressive Growth" types down to money markets.

It really hit home like never before, the Mutual Fund Companies are holding me and so many, many others' 401Ks hostage in bull oriented funds.

The big winner in these Vanguard 401K funds for 2002 was PIMCO Total Return Fund-Administrative Class up all of 7.54%.

There is going to be hell to pay in this country down the road.

BTW Mark, My favorite Liz Ann Sonders stock was one she used to hustle on WSW, Exodus Communication. . . the late Exodus Communications.

All I can say to explain her career is, she must be tight, very tight. :wink2:

I will cover Dumblow's bet with Emma for him....being as I am a heck of a nice guy and all.

Well, we may have finally turned the corner and started a downward cycle.

Bearish reversal week, a VIX in the 20's, reality that a second half recovery means the second half of 2010, S&P in it's fourth bounce off of the 930-940 area and Mr Softy finally tanking.

Mark, you are right...MSFT is no longer a growth company just like INTC, CSCO, JNPR, CIEN, KLAC, NVLS, AMAT, AMCC, PMCS, XLNX, AMD, ORCL, SUNW and JDSU.

Tonight I was having a couple of beers with a friend after work and we were discussing our investments. ?We got to 401Ks and neither of us had anything in the choices from our respective companies' plans that was PM or bearish. ?I mentioned that I hope I don't need mine in 20 years because everyone in my age area, whether they can do the yearly limit like I do every year or not, is going to be screwed.

By coincidence, when I got home Vanguard, my firms' plan provider, had sent me a packet so I could ?"see all the new choices I have!" as well as the old ones. ?The funds offered to me went from "Agressive Growth" types down to money markets.

It really hit home like never before, the Mutual Fund Companies are holding me and so many, many others' 401Ks hostage in bull oriented funds.

The big winner in these Vanguard 401K funds for 2002 was PIMCO Total Return Fund-Administrative Class up all of 7.54%.

Mouse, you've probably evaluated this already but if you hadn't, consider borrow the maximum you can from your 401 and invest it for the bear on your own. You'll pay taxes, but you ought to be able to repay the interest to yourself (to your 401K) easily and make some taxable capital gains as well.

Some 401K's allow a portion to be moved to a brokerage account within the plan. You may have that ability available but may have to ask about it. My bother has such a plan.

On another note, I never understood why folks moving between companies would transfer their existing 401K into the new company 401 when they could have converted it to a self-directed IRA. Some people just pick their nose though life and miss the important cues I guess.

Let there be no doubt, its now o-v-e-r. Mudslide from here on in.

In addition to the Nasty 100 stocks I listed earlier here is another choice list of crud that I am going to short on any strength next week.

DCX, RHI, CERS, MOLX, BRKS, TXN, CPTS, JDAS, TDS, TECD

Woof, woof. This fine specimen collection of turds will be worth 75% of today's value come March.

Mark, tonight's commentary had me in tears on the bus ride home. People thought I was a lunatic I was laughing so hard.

Archived