No Brokers Were Harmed In The Making Of This Picture

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AssMaster

Ideal environment for gold stocks is a sideways down for the broad averages. On sharp downs in the broads, gold stocks get sold with the other stocks - paper being shunned on all forms.

The profitability of the miners is based on the average price of gold for the year. The guy from Mitsui - you know, the one who said gold would never make it above 300 - his report came ot today saying he expected an average price for gold this year of like 320, which was far below previous anal cysts estimates.

And many holders of gold stocks are speculators looking for whatever is moving up and have no idea about the fundamentals case for gold. As such, they are weak hands and will be quick to take profits - and will also rotate out when and if Biotech or Semis start running hot. When they dump into our lowball buy orders, it is a gift. This will lead to a lot of volatility and this should be factored in to your trading/investing strategy.

RE: BSX....no, I scalped it for .20 today.....but the damn software would have made me .40 if I followed it. Software has one each and every time so far on the "tests" of yesterday and today.

What software? I'm looking for something new and easy to set up and use THX

Ah, everyone wants the Holy Grail. First, a most appropriate quote.....

Professional traders consistently take money away from small traders because they treat this like a business. Trading is a business and in order to be successful you need manage your business properly. That requires patience, discipline and complete concentration. More importantly, you need the right tools. THERE IS NO MAGIC BLACK BOX SYSTEM OUT THERE. All systems and methods require study, concentration and discipline because trading is a combination of science and art. If you cannot accept that reality you will fail as a trader. The pro's don't have some magic black box system that trades for them. (Rockhead insert....nobody go bizzerk on that statement :rolleyes:) They learned a long time ago that in order to succeed they needed to study the personality of the market and wait patiently until the market presented an opportunity for profit. The tools they use help to identify those opportunities. Source

Second, the linked quote is not the software of which I am using.

Third, the installed software is an addition to the Tradestation platform. If you are not running a Tradestation platform, forget about it.

Fourth, it is not an "automatic" program, you still have to monitor the markets and use judgement....see quote above.

Fifth, if you are running Tradestation, there is a huge amount of third-party vendor software which you may purchase to enhance the platform. Do some web searches or visit Tradestation World.com BTW, Tradestation has plans to upgrade their platform with a new version come March.

If you need more information, PM me and be specific as to what you are looking for. These is soooooo much out there that we could fill the page.

PD: I hope to get an updated list from you over the next three days. I can't keep up.

Good work everyone. Let's make some money so we can all stick around.

Pile.......

If you post a "Pile's Personal Pack of Piece of Stool Picked Poor Performers" list, please post promptly here on IDS (assuming it is not locked down) as to where the PPPPSPPP (4PS3P for short) "list" can be procured within the prodigous parameters of the privately held public place known as stool protoctology. :grin:

Pretty please. :D

here's a prelim

DCX, RHI, CERS, MOLX, BRKS, TXN, CPTS, JDAS, TDS, TECD

Woof, woof. This fine specimen collection of turds will be worth 75% of today's value come March. I'm shorting an equally diversified portfolio of them next week.

For those who like to trade only Nasty 100 turds may I suggest for your dining pleasure:

MKSI

NTAP

XLNX

FISV

KLAC

BGEN

CMVT

I'll create spreadsheet versions of these and post on LOB later and maintain during the mudslide. Still a work in progress as better picks may come along later.

Someone ASSked if there wuz a way to short bonds, presumably thru some derivative type afFUR. HRFF may be miss>>STEAKun butt he thinx that either RYDEX or PROFUNDS has a fund that will do that, and GUESSES, if memory serves him rightly, it's name is JUNO, but you should check with both of those fund families.

30k+ troops from the UK, eh? In addition to the additional 61k US just deployed?

The EXPECTATION is FUR a quick, decisive victory* and avoiding a major urban struggle. There are 6 MILLION Iraqi's in Bhagdad alone. We haven't fought in an urban environment in a meaningfully protracted way since KOREA (no, Tet didn't come close) when the battle for Seoul claimed thousands if not tens of thousands of US casualties. It was a particularly bloody afFUR.

The History Channel programs lASSt night on Iraq and our weapons system made the startling ASSertion ? that we expect to "win" (no one really knows what that means with any clarity, save getting rid of SAD>>>DAMned) WITHIN 12 DAZE.

Now, it's THAT kind of mentality the world marched off to war with in 1914... which, BTW, set the stage for the emergence of SAD>>>DAMned, per the program.

Talk about "GREAT EXPECTATIONS"...

Here's what historians and statesmen have had to say about the undertaking of the waging of war down through the centuries:

'The event corresponds less to expectations in war than in any other case whatever.' -- Livy

"War Involves in its progress such a train of unforeseen and unsupposed circumstances that no human wisdom can calculate the end." -- Thomas Paine

?The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.? -- Winston Churchill

NPR reported this morning that Senator Robert Byrd gave a speech against this war "fever" in the Senate recently. It was sparsely attended when he commenced and the Chamber was EMPTY by the time he finished. The few Republicans, like Sen John McCain (R - AZ) slunk away and then complained to the press. In fact, most of the West Virginia Senator's speech was addressed to an empty Chamber.

There's something poignant and ironic in that image. The Senate's elder statesman, who has, perhaps, lived in Congress through more wars and witnessed more collective national miscalculation w re thereto than most/all, speaking alone, in the well of that edifice.

Archived