Weekly Digger - July 10 to 16, 2005

*Bear... I'm inspired by your attitude and style, you must be one hell of a Lawyer; and gentleman.

"...If you feel that a difference between us is important enough to be aired on this board, that's fine with me.

But I certainly don't want to distract you and the others who watch and contribute to this board from the tremendous analysis that you so willing share with us.

Your unflagging dedication to this board (and that of Charmin's, of course) has been an inspiration to me.

I'm happy to show you the way in my little universe. But, I have so much to learn from you..."

*Thor... Thats beautiful, simply beautiful; I love the visuals. Can't wait to see your analogy high jacked by one of the writers on the "professional" sites. You must have been quite an adventurous 13 year old kid; maybe you still are...:)

"... One thing that helps me deal with the manipulation in the PMS market is to view the commercials in the same way I would view pirates, brigands, and coastal raiders. Here's why:

The raiders have limited resources but if they use their maximum force combined with the element of surprise against a weakened and unprepared foe they will win.

Raiders will attack in the early hours after a celebration feast while the guards are sleeping off too much mead. They will attack after the harvest is in and purses jangle with coin.

The commercials are no different. They wait until their foe have gorged themselves on longs then bounce the day before a holiday when their opponents are few. As far as I'm concerned the only thing lacking is the elephant of surprise. Heck, what surprise? ..."

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Bear...  I'm inspired by your attitude and style, you must be one hell of a Lawyer; and gentleman.

"...If you feel that a difference between us is important enough to be aired on this board, that's fine with me.

But I certainly don't want to distract you and the others who watch and contribute to this board from the tremendous analysis that you so willing share with us.

Your unflagging dedication to this board (and that of Charmin's, of course) has been an inspiration to me.

I'm happy to show you the way in my little universe. But, I have so much to learn from you..."

*Thor...  Thats beautiful, simply beautiful; I love the visuals.  Can't wait to see your analogy high jacked by one of the writers on the "professional" sites.  You must have been quite an adventurous 13 year old kid; maybe you still are...:)

"... One thing that helps me deal with the manipulation in the PMS market is to view the commercials in the same way I would view pirates, brigands, and coastal raiders. Here's why:

The raiders have limited resources but if they use their maximum force combined with the element of surprise against a weakened and unprepared foe they will win.

Raiders will attack in the early hours after a celebration feast while the guards are sleeping off too much mead. They will attack after the harvest is in and purses jangle with coin.

The commercials are no different. They wait until their foe have gorged themselves on longs then bounce the day before a holiday when their opponents are few. As far as I'm concerned the only thing lacking is the elephant of surprise. Heck, what surprise? ..."

When I read this, MorAss said why is your face so red?? I just wrote about what I know about ... coastal raiding. :lol:

PS: I suspect I've been hijacked before.

Agree Hadj -

I have never seen someone told to eff off in such an eloquent and gentlemanly manner. :lol:

I'M KIDDING!!!!

Copper busting a nut here. There must be a war or skirmish about to happen somewhere. :(

Maybe time to revisit TGB? :o :lol: :huh:

Is that on ur radar almight Thor?

Maybe the HUI is going to take another stab at 204.

Watching NEM. Agree, it still has to show some leadership, although when things start to move in earnest there may be some additional leadership candidates like RGLD, GLG and the local favorite GG.

I forgot that when GG bought WHT, Ian Telfer of WHT became the new CEO. When this is all said and done I'm looking for a 5-10 bagger in GG, but ya gotta dream it first.

Agree Hadj -

I have never seen someone told to eff off in such an eloquent and gentlemanly manner. :lol:

I'M KIDDING!!!!

Copper busting a nut here. There must be a war or skirmish about to happen somewhere. :(

Maybe time to revisit TGB? :o  :lol:  :huh:

Is that on ur radar almight Thor?

No but mostly because it's on my list of current holdings. Unfortunately. :(

My worst performer still down over 20%. Emphasize the strong stocks now. They will be the ones to lead the breakout. The weaker ones (juniors) will be sporadic and you'll need to be lucky.

ALMI,CDE,DROOY,SA,HMY,TRE

...many others.

Heaven help me ..  I've started buying GBN again...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm embarrassed to say how much of that I have. It is the only stock that is red in my portfolio today.

If the HUI somehow manages to close right around here for the day, I think we're moving higher. Would really like to see a pick up in volume and a rally into the close.

.... "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... I'm embarrassed to say how much of that I have. It is the only stock that is red in my portfolio today.

Sorry my friend, too late. Now we'll both be panhandling outside a Stanton 7/11...:)

Anyone seen that Rally Monkey ? Hope the Miners have more juice left.

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE I'M BACK IN OVERLONG.

The July 5th low matches well with a June low at about the same time. Too many bullish divergences to ignore. Guess we can go ahead with the spike low now.

Also picked up some more bullyun while all y'all was sleepin'.

Teasin' us with some higher metal prices tonight, let's hope the ramp job holds up.

The miners are acting alot more like they did during 02-03. Leading the metals, every dip is bought, etc. Then again, this is the great sector of endless washouts. What we haven't seen yet is alot of participation of the smaller producers yet. I'd like to see more volume and the little guys join the fray.

Nonetheless, this is a welcome change from the last six months. Let's hope we get some real momentum.

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE I'M BACK IN OVERLONG.

The July 5th low matches well with a June low at about the same time. Too many bullish divergences to ignore. Guess we can go ahead with the spike low now.

Also picked up some more bullyun while all y'all was sleepin'.

Thor,

You may get a little help from the dollar.

Wave 5 of C may be in. If 5 was supposed to be an impulse, that marginal overlap may have been a signal that it's either:

A. over, or

B. a mini c wave is coming, that will exhaust the rally.

Let's enjoy the ride. We're there or only days away.

post-1352-1121143198_thumb.png

Thanks bear,

I spotted that nice action in the US$ (but missed the overlap of course). A guy posted a bullish EW count for Hooey anyway. No chart and I can't really picture it but maybe you can.

It looks like the correction which started in Dec. 03 on the Hui ended in May 05'. I can make the case in EW terms that a combination occurred during this time frame and that wave II is now over. The recent head and shoulders bottom in the Hui is mirrored by the charts of Nem and Abx and the volume looks genuine as well. Nem looks to have retested the neckline at present.

Hang on folks as it sure looks like we are now in wave 1 of III. The recent triangle on the Hui suggests we are about to complete a wave 4 of minor degree and shoot higher by at least 20pts in the near future before the next breather which could test the breakout set to occur any day now.

The next 5 years look very bullish IMHO. Not investment advice and due your own due diligence.

due your own due diligence??? WHATEVER!!

Archived