• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as with Shortys ice cream...people dont notice that most products are smaller than they used to be...thats what happens when you can't keep raising the purchase price....

sort of like stock splits.. :lol:

much the same with new housing estates...the roads are 3/4 size,you can't get 2 cars thru at the same time...same with the houses themselves...if the bedrooms get any smaller you will have to sleep standing up....what a scam the world is.

Sorry I was MIA today.

Got one of those kidney stones and spent 5 hours in the emergency room today...

Ughhhh..........

:o

Dude, I remember learning in 7th grade that the Dol Scale of pain (1 to 10) rates passing kidney stones as one of the greatest possible sources of pain (along with giving birth).

I hope yours wasn't anywhere in this neighborhood.

Speedy recovery, Mark.

Jimi

Childbirth Mastoiditis Kidneystone--not necessarily in that order--and then there's that deliscious cardiological procedure called Artherectomy (Who knows if it still exists it was experimental at th time I had it,a supplement to Angioplasty) which I've chosen to describe as being the equivalent of having half of the population of Montivideo Uruguay dancing on your chest

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: When I think of these legitimate medical procedures and compare them in my imagination to the tortures some political despots are prone to using from time to time, which make my previously experienced agonies miniscule in comparison, I immediately go into one of two alternatives: War or depair--thats why I like to kick back with a diet Black Cherry, put my feet on the hassock, and pretend the world ends at my Carpet's border

as with Shortys ice cream...people dont notice that most products are smaller than they used to be...thats what happens when you can't keep raising the purchase price....

sort of like stock splits.. :lol:

much the same with new housing estates...the roads are 3/4 size,you can't get 2 cars thru at the same time...same with the houses themselves...if the bedrooms get any smaller you will have to sleep standing up....what a scam the world is.

Speak for yourself Briz

Ive been drinking beer out of a thimble for two months now

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: But it aint so bad when you do it with hi-powered magnifying glasses I hafd my optometrist put into my old frames--combine this with the rose colors and everything is just peachy

and of course none of those ailments like childbirth or kidney stones comes within a bullsroar of the pain of being short the market during one of Mad Als repo blasts that send the markets rallying ever higher.... :lol:

PS Hope you recover quickly Windy,can't afford to have even a single bear down for any time at all...lol

This could get ugly!?? :(

China tells U.S. Congress to butt out of Unocal bid

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/business/new...0bu016000c.html

comes via George Ure's site.

July 5, 2005

BEIJING -- China on Tuesday demanded that the United States Congress stop interfering in the proposed takeover of United States oil company Unocal Corp by China's state-owned CNOOC Ltd.

Aug 5, 2005

WASHINGTON -- President Bush allows takeover of United States oil company Unocal Corp by China's state-owned CNOOC Ltd.

Sep 5, 2005

NEW YORK -- Chevron launches takeover bid for China's state-owned CNOOC Ltd.

Oct 5, 2005

BEIJING -- China disallows Chevron's takeover bid for China's state-owned CNOOC Ltd., citing national security.

Nov 5th, 2005

BEIJING -- China buys Chevron and Exxon-Mobil, jacks Crude prices to $150

Nov 6th, 2005

NEW YORK -- Value investors shrug off higher oil prices, rally Dow 200 points.

"I think this rally still has legs as long as crude oil stays below $160", said Dikshit Wackoff, First Boston analcyst. Robert "Dick" Schhhtincter, popular AM trash-talk radio potentate, added "Those Bad News Bears are gonna wish they had never been born. My newsletter subscribers have been long and strong since Dow 1,000 back in '69."

Sorry I was MIA today.

Got one of those kidney stones and spent 5 hours in the emergency room today...

Ughhhh..........

I've got several I'd be happy to give you if you ever want any more of them.

Women who have had both natural childbirth and kidney stones say that the pain from the stones is worse. Unlike children, however, kidney stones are not associated with premature aging.

My last stone was 8 years ago. I would have paid a jack hammer operator 1000 bucks and a case of Cuervo to pound my back for an hour , it was so bad.

Hope you feel better soon, Mark.

This could get ugly!  :(

China tells U.S. Congress to butt out of Unocal bid

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/business/new...0bu016000c.html

comes via George Ure's site.

July 5, 2005

BEIJING -- China on Tuesday demanded that the United States Congress stop interfering in the proposed takeover of United States oil company Unocal Corp by China's state-owned CNOOC Ltd.

Aug 5, 2005

WASHINGTON -- President Bush allows takeover of United States oil company Unocal Corp by China's state-owned CNOOC Ltd.

Sep 5, 2005

NEW YORK -- Chevron launches takeover bid for China's state-owned CNOOC Ltd.

Oct 5, 2005

BEIJING -- China disallows Chevron's takeover bid for China's state-owned CNOOC Ltd., citing national security.

That's about right. When governements start telling other governement what to do thru the newspaper two things are certain. It is for domestic purposes and it is guranteed to have the oppisite effect. Nothing gets a populace into lockstep better than being told what to do by foreigners.

This is actually going to be a toughy for Bush. He better call up his friends and have them make a higher offer.

The congress critters have totally strayed off the ranch on this one. The Party whose dicipline in the first term which would have been the envy of Stalin is now starting to look like a Shriners convention.

Where are most of Chevrons reserves I wonder?

I stand by what I said over the weekend.

The top here in L.A was about 2 months ago. My 1340sf TownMcMansion:) would have sold for just under $800K in 1-3 days. There was nothing available. Now there are 35 similiar listings, and I might get $749-$759K in about 30 days.

I report, you decide.

I agree with you. I was down in SoCal this weekend and toured some homes just for fun because I was in the neighborhood. All three had been on the market for at least two months, none had been discounted yet but each realtor told me that the owners would consider "reasonable offers."

Problem is, IMO, they are all 10-15% overpriced for the current market. I think buyers are wising up, but sellers are still delusional. One I looked at (listed as a "designer showcase, mid-Century estate") in the SFValley was, in reality, a very standard-looking 50s ranchette that had been tarted up with hardwood floors and high-end appliances. The owners bought it in 2004 for $899K and now wanted $1,325,000. They won't get more than $1.1M. The home was worth about $400-$450K in 2000.

My guess is that the SoCal market could hang for a year or so---no price appreciation, longer selling times---just like it did right before the 91-95 decline. Then the real fun will commence in 2007-2012. Just a guess. But it wouldn't surprise me to see home prices there come back to the 2002ish level, with the "froth" from the "Great Reflation" of 2003-2005 wiped away.

Picture below is of the "designer showcase, mid-Century estate", asking $1.325M.

Who's the designer. Bubba of Encino

Doc has many times laid out the eternal curve of RE tops. Yes, right now the volume dries up as sellers being the long slide down the slope of hope. It's Docs textbook.

I don't know about Bubba. But you got the Encino part right... :D

Dollar is getting WAY OVERBOUGHT

yup

gonna short it tomorrow

may the force be with me

considered donging Yen or Euro, but couldn't make up my mind

so I'm just gonna fade Uncle Buck

I still can't figure out why I didn't dong it in December, oh well, meant, but just didn't get around to it, too much egg nog maybe

but actually right now this selling opportunity looks better than that buying opportunity did then

gonna start at 90

add at 88, 86, 84, then cover half around 82.xx and try to relax :unsure:

Archived