Raoul Wallenberg

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad, thanks for the Raoul Wallenberg story. I know the son of two people he saved. I agree with you that Wallenberg is one the greatest heroes ever.

Who among us would have such courage to save the lives of total strangers at the risk of one's own -- so many times? We become involved in the artificial world of the stock market and it is easy to forget what a real life-or-death problem looks like.

Edit: sorry Doc, wrote this while you were posting the link to the heroism thread and didn't see it before I posted.

It's January '02 all over again. Remember all the rocket launches post-9/11/01 like NVLS, that rolled over circa Jan'02? Well, IBD has an article today, "Don't Let 20% Gain Melt to Nil," which discusses SanDisk (SNDK) that rocket launched in October'02 and has since rolled over. This pattern repeats itself. And, we all know what happened in Jan'02. You'll know this bear market is over when ApeWoman turns bearish; and gold is a respected investment.

I just read my monthly TD waterhouse "insight" letter. The following headline appeared: Overweight Consumer Goods, Energy, Materials

NOT ONE GOLD STOCK

Agree- that rag's a joke. At the President's Account dinner, El Presidente was telling the crowd that the canadian economy's so strong that the BoC would be raising rates... this is back in September or October. I guffawed, and some manager came over and asked why, and I explained that we had to devalue to protect our exports to the US. He told me I was wrong. The BoC lowered instead of raised 2 months later. These dumb fokkerz don't have clue. Not even a clue. I can't wait for this wave to put them all in barrels with suspenders, where they belong.

Archived