Weekly Digger - June 26 to July 1, '05

still waiting on the HUI. stocks too weak re the physical, see ratio chart, no new highs last week.

will keep waiting, need to see gold bitch-slapped and HUI holding well. also, lots of unresolved patterns in the works (triangles in the physical, down channel in the stocks). no need to get cut up before resolution.

regards

post-371-1119904541_thumb.jpg

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thor, Charmin, Dharma:

Shall I sell my CGHI or hold on for a better price?

All my best,

Slothrop

Every time the CCI gets to this level it gets cranked hard. Hope you didn't but the round trip ticket on this one. Shooting star today on large volume. Don't you just love BB stocks? Wouldn't touch this one. Lottery tickets? Try CDE GSS DROOY. Risky enough for me thanks. :D

post-1718-1119918363_thumb.jpg

post-1718-1119918507_thumb.jpg

Thor, Charmin, Dharma:

All my best,

Slothrop

Every time the CCI gets to this level it gets cranked hard. Hope you didn't but the round trip ticket on this one. Shooting star today on large volume. Don't you just love BB stocks? Wouldn't touch this one. Lottery tickets? Try CDE GSS DROOY. Risky enough for me thanks. :D

"Nice one, Centurion."

... for all you MP fans out there.

Thor, Charmin, Dharma:

All my best,

Slothrop

"Nice one, Centurion."

... for all you MP fans out there.

What's MP?

Thanks Ander. I've heard of them. A little dry for me. I'm more of the Larry the Cable Guy fan. :D

Monty Python's The quest for the holy grail is the best...

"Well .... that's the sort of blinkered philistine pig ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage sitting around all day on your loathsome spotty behinds picking blackheads. You EXCREMENT! You whining screaming hypocritical toadies ...."

Pure magic!

The Centurion line is from Life of Brian. The above rant is from And Now For Something Completely Different.

Speaking of which, I just ran the numbers. If gold had rallied to the extent that copper has, we'd be $200 higher and silver would be $3 higher. Who would have thought that the pms could be so effectively capped.What we need to do is to convince TrollHouse to build all their McMansions with gold fittings and silver kitchen counters.

But imagine what your PMS stocks would be selling at with silver at $10.50 and gold at $666. :ph34r:

Speaking of which, I just ran the numbers. If gold had rallied to the extent that copper has, we'd be $200 higher and silver would be $3 higher. Who would have thought that the pms could be so effectively capped.What we need to do is to convince TrollHouse to build all their McMansions with gold fittings and silver kitchen counters.

But imagine what your PMS stocks would be selling at with silver at $10.50 and gold at $666.  :ph34r:

Copper:

The metal with a Ph.D.

Silver:

Former high school pom-pom girl who now works in a factory, since her layoff from Photo-Mart.

Just had a long look at a long term chart (back to '95) on Gold/Copper. Very interesting. I sorry but I'm afraid I'll have to be given a refresher on how to post Smockfarts. Anyway, it cycles up and down from just under 2 to nearly 5. We are just climbing off a low (2.79) which in the past was a point at which you want to own gold not copper looking for a rise to possibly 5+. So even if copper pulls back to $100 we could still have gold over $500. Now if you believe that commodities are in a big long bull then eventually gold has to join the party. As other commodes begin to look relatively expensive, gold and silver will begin to look anomalous and attractive. That's when the flood gates open. The cartel will be forced to stand aside and let it happen, joining in even to feed the bull.

While gold gets sold down ahead of Magoogle, I will distract you with:

I suppose everyone by now has noticed we had a low on May 16 and a high on June 16. Let's hope we don't have to wait until July 16 for the next low. Can't happen it's a saturday. I'm pulling for July 8th intraday. We have some shenanigans today (negative) then post shenanigans tomorrow(positive?) then we slide into month end (positive?) with a weekend surrounded by Canada Day and Independence Day. After that may get a slide into the end of that week.

Interesting as one poster earlier noted that some of the chaff blew higher while the wheat dropped yesterday. My account was saved my a couple of real deadbeats like Radius Gold and Dragon Gold. I nearly broke even before a late slide in Andresmin put paid to that.

PMS shares currently running with the bulls and bears of Wall Street. 4StockModel which consists of NEM, VLO, RIMM and KLAC have generally been all 4 long or all 4 short lately. Currently all 4 short.

The LT bullish pms stocks passed the BP pms stocks last week and we are now at 61% LT bullish. Not sure if this is a negative or not but it is something I will monitor in future.

My stock vs fund comparison is not saying anything yet. We'll need the rally to go on considerably longer or end before we can say anything definitive.

I'm been easing up on pms shares very very very slowly. More of a LT thing. My timeframes have lengthened, I'm not as nimble as I used to be. Must be old age or too much sex. B)

Well, why haven't gold and silver rallied to the extent that copper has? Actually, haven't gold and silver underperformed every other commodity in the CRB?

The conclusion seems to be that either there simply is very little demand or that "the cabal" continually sits on not only the price of the metals but also the price of the shares.

We know there has to be at least some demand or the prices wouldn't have risen at all. This is a relatively small market so it would be easy to control prices, $100 billion in market cap on the stocks is only a few days worth of printing.

But if "the cabal" is controlling prices, why let gold and silver or their stocks rise at all?

I guess we get to see the commercials kick the metals in the scruds today, I hope we aren't going back to 150 HUI like the Waxman said, but this is a scared bunch and will sell at the first hint of trouble. ;)

Archived