Weekly Digger - June 20-25, '05

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE(Gold Majestic @ Apr 30 2005, 08:49 PM)

XAU as a function of POG/XAU ratio revisited.

(Warning: Ratio Chart Present - Viewer Discretion Advised) :rolleyes:

i realize many goobers chere are convinced gold is presently overvalued relative to gold stocks, that gold stocks are continueing to lead gold, are selling their gold stocks, and waiting for gold to come crashing down. :angry:

i've been saying just the opposite, that gold is holding up extremely well here considering the various factors, and that GOLD STOCKS ARE Goober Sold RELATIVE TO POG. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, GOLD IS CURRENTLY LEADING THE GOLD STOCKS, AND GOLD STOCKS HAVE A LOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO!!! I.E., ACCUMULATE GOLD STOCKS ON DIPS!!! :)

for those goobers that may have a problem understanding how gold stocks could be Goober Sold relative to gold, please review the following 4 year plus history chart of the gold/gold stocks bull market that started in early 2001. notice how everytime over the past 4 years the Gold:XAU ratio reaches 5.2 or higher, significant XAU bottoms were made. I.E., GOLD STOCKS WERE GOOBER SOLD - NOT THAT GOLD WAS OVERBOUGHT B)

PS. notice how far the GOLD:XAU graph has risen above its upper bollinger band in the past month. what does that tell you? the fact that the euro has been weak over concern about french ratification of the constitution, is even more bullish for gold. CBs having enough dollars, and now euros, means a higher percentage of gold. the gold stock lemmings will catch on at much higher prices after the wall street boys finish shaking the tree and positioned for the rise. the pathetic dollar rise against the euro and gold's continued strength in spite of it should be a wake up call for all lemmings out there.

Goober out ;)

UPDATE: CHART TELLS THE TALE - GOLD STOCKS WERE GOOBER SOLD! :)

post-2021-1119756255_thumb.jpg

QUOTE(Gold Majestic @ May 14 2005, 08:10 PM)

QUOTE(ThorAss @ May 14 2005, 06:18 PM)

PMS Technicals and stuff:

From Friday da thoiteenth

Advancers 16

Decliners 73

%Bullish 3% - Ugly as usual.

Short Term Bullish

ADGD - Nice move. A ThorAss reco that one.

New Bullish

Sorry none to report, maybe Moonday.

Bullish PMS Stocks Longer Term

GOLD

GPXM - This one has already doubled in price off its low of a couple of weeks ago going from 9 to 18 cents before pulling back a little.

GRS

MDU

MRB

RGLD

RIC

USGL

Currently the only stocks in the 3% bullish camp are:

GPXM

RIC

and my all time favourite (because of the name)

THMG - Thunder Mountain Gold B)

New Bullish

"Sorry none to report, maybe Moonday"

Since you're including penny stocks, here's one in my portfolio, Entree Gold (ETG.V) (~5%), that has its properties next to IVN in Mongolia. It has a nice breakout on excellent news that IVN's hole #EGD008, drilled approximately 450 metres northeast of and parallel to hole EGD006 (which was 5 meters inside Entree's ground), has intersected approximately 120 metres of very strong chalcopyrite and bornite (copper sulphide) mineralization with minor visible gold associated with bornite, beginning at a downhole depth of 1,380 metres. The drill remains in mineralization and continues downward. The grades of this hole will be known in a month but it it easy to bet that they will likely to resemble hole EGD006. Two more holes, EGD007 and EGD010 are currently at depth near 1000 meters, one is 600 meters north of EGD006 and the other at 1.2km north of EGD006. The results of EGD008 means that the huge copper/gold rich Hugo

deposit in Mongolia is now expanding onto Entree Gold's ground. ETG is still halted. smile.gif

http://ca.us.biz.yahoo.com/bw/050513/135428.html?.v=1

"Recently-completed hole EGD006, collared on Entree's Lookout Hill, five metres north of the Oyu Tolgoi boundary, intersected 258 metres grading 2.56% copper and 1.17 g/t gold, with 108 metres of 4.63% copper and 2.06 g/t gold (copper equivalent grade of 5.94%), starting at a depth of 1008 metres. Hole EGD006A, a navi-drill daughter hole from EGD006 to test the downward extension of the mineralization 80 metres down dip, has intersected approximately 200 metres of visibly very strong bornite-dominated, copper mineralization, starting at 1146 metres down hole, with a true depth of 1125 metres below surface. The hole also intersected 112 metres of moderate to strong chalcopyrite mineralization, beginning at 1038 metres down-hole, which continued to the start of the higher-grade and deeper, bornite-rich zone at 1146 metres. The hole is currently drilling at 1320 metres in very strong, bornite-rich mineralization."

B)

Anyone buy the breakout or add to positions? Anyone take profits? :)

post-2021-1119746332_thumb.jpg

post-2021-1119746412_thumb.jpg

Goober Update:

Viewing the XAU chart, our attention is drawn to a very critical juncture. :unsure:

Did we just bounce off resistance at 93.78 and headed down or do we continue up to test 95 and beyond? :blink:

Back to the GOLD:XAU Ratio chart for one perspective. :rolleyes:

Viewing the weekly chart, a goober could make the case that it's onward and upward. :)

Well this happens to be this goober's opinion, and I'm stickin' with it until . . until . . uh well

until I'm snot! B)

Protect your profits goober if it's snot!!!! ;)

post-2021-1119755328_thumb.jpg

post-2021-1119755388_thumb.jpg

post-2021-1119776155_thumb.gif

Glad to see you posting again Bear. Judging by your targets I gather you do not think the XAU gap around 82 gets closed.

I'm expecting a near term decline, but nothing that steep.

This is my near term E.W. projection for Gold. I think that we head down, but stay above black wave i's extreme at 427.61 to correct in wave iv. There's no telling what shape iv will take. Wave ii was very simple, so iv should be complex.

Upon it's completion, black wave v of blue c should complete the entire abc correction. It should head to the upper trend channel, currently around 452.

Then we tuurn down again.

At that point, I'll have to rationalize my HUI and Gold projections, as they are somewhat contradictory once you get out a month or so.

post-1352-1119760197_thumb.png

Goober Update:

Viewing the XAU chart, our attention is drawn to a very critical juncture.  :unsure:

Did we just bounce off resistance at 93.78 and headed down or do we continue up to test 95 and beyond?  :blink:

Back to the GOLD:XAU Ratio chart for one perspective. :rolleyes:

Viewing the weekly chart, a goober could make the case that it's onward and upward. :)

Well this happens to be this goober's opinion, and I'm stickin' with it until . . until . . uh well

until I'm snot! B)

Protect your profits goober if it's snot!!!!  ;)

G.M.:

Although I'm inclined to think that the XAU may be "capped" in the short run, your chart and analysis is superb. Props to you, my friend.

If we break 95, it's a moonshot thereafter according to the P&F.

post-1352-1119761226_thumb.png

You all may agree with one theory or another about the world and currencies... so....

the real kooks may turn out to be the "resilient" consumer instead of the gold kooks...as Wndy puts it... like us.

I can safely say that the world's leaders are building a kingdom and the day of reckoning will probably "make the 1929 stock market crash look like a fender bender." Actually, G. Edward Griffins book on the federal reserve seems mild to some of the material one could read...

Actually the last two days on the Dow might look like a pin drop...

There ya go....Bear

Thumbing through Barrons and ran across the short interest tables.

To my surprise, short interest spiked big in a few gold stocks - not at all in others. So, what do they know and when did they know it?

PDG up 46%

KRY up 47%

GG up 35%

This is the period 5/15 - 6/15.

I guess this can be viewed two ways. The positive contrarian view of a potential short squeeze, or the negative insider type info. Curious that short interest did not increase across the sector. NEM down 7%

More fodder for an already overtaxed brain. :blink:

Thumbing through Barrons and ran across the short interest tables.

To my surprise, short interest spiked big in a few gold stocks - not at all in others. So, what do they know and when did they know it?

PDG up 46%

KRY up 47%

GG  up 35%

This is the period 5/15 - 6/15.

I guess this can be viewed two ways. The positive contrarian view of a potential short squeeze, or the negative insider type info. Curious that short interest did not increase across the sector. NEM down 7%

More fodder for an already overtaxed brain. :blink:

Serial Killers?

Rosen

Apparently all we have to do now is wait for the Hui to bottom at 140 then we are good to go to 265. No doubts, no prevarications. This is worse than the "every possibility" forecast. Gee I guess I better sell my gold stocks now so I can buy them back at HUI140. No worries! .... mate!

Archived