Weekly Digger - June 13-17, '05

If gold is the ultimate money and we buy gold shares due to their leverage to gold then logically we only need concern ourselves with our shares as they relate to the price of gold. Thus in the end we want to know how much gold we can get for our shares.

When we sell our gold shares for cash we are going long fiat (albeit temporaily) hoping we can exchange our fiat later for more shares. One wonders if their isn't a better liquid alternative.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shorting NEM at 40 might be a proper trade because of weekly creek at the 40 area...it also might be a skeptical place because of the way it approached with wide range....but who knows.....

441 was weekly creek and trendline area for gold...

silver not responding as well....hmmm

post-326-1119030921_thumb.jpg

Gold Technicals:

Interesting today. AD nearly even at 48 to 45. But BP% fell a little off its highs

72% to 70%. However the BuLT% continued its march 45% to 47%. The gold indices were up nicely thank you very much but both my model and my account were off. Gold was up but silver got hammered back to a losing cent.

All in all it was your basic June witching day.

My feeling is we are in the fits and starts portion of this move and a little patience or extreme nimbleness are and will be required now. Also maybe keeping the bigger miners for now isn't such a bad plan. With the view to slowly moving into smaller and riskier issues as we progress and gold continues to climb.

Nevertheless today's NuWreck is a very risky one indeed but holds some good risk reward. ADGD at 0.16 has arrived. Down from nearly a buck we may (or may not) have made the turn. There will likely be lots of overhead supply but that may not hold it back if it gains traction. The downside is a fall to zero but the upside is at least 6x current price. That's a 5 to 1 risk reward so it fits for me.

Partial Disclosure: I may (or may not) own a sh1tl0ad of this one. :P

On the 4StockModel:

Also interesting. All 4 components are long, up and showing nice profits especially VLO up from the entry of $73.74 to $80 just since the 13th. The other 3 are NEM up $1.44, RIMM up $2.24 and KLAC up $1.24.

The model in this incarnation has been running since April 25 (less than 2 months) and is showing a staggering profit of $79,000 in that time. :o This with trading only 1000 shares of each, requiring a margin account initial value of less than $60,000. The model has made 70 transactions in that time spread nearly evenly across the 4 components in 38 trading days. This means one trading this model can expect to make 2 transactions (1 full trade) per day and rake in a yearly income of about half a million. And guess what, it's such a simple system it should be called Swing Trading for Dummies. <_<

Okay, explain to me again why I'm beating my brains out working 6 days a week 12 hours a day and holding radioactive PMS shares. :huh:

Archived