Weekly Digger - June 13-17, '05

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since the SKIguy still hasn't bought in, I guess we can safely conclude what we've felt all along and that is that is timing method is a crock and he should toss it out in favour of Hanky's FCS.  :lol:

His SELL signals were really amazing. But he certainly waits until a move has started and then pulls back to a higher low to give the buy...

His system actually gave a 35-39 buy a week ago. Its already up significantly. Of course, he didnt buy because 80% of 35-39 buy's that immediately follow 16-20 sells end in quick small losses. The 16-20 sell was just before the 25-29 buy. This is the 20% of the time when it gets the big gain however, instead of the small loss, in that case...

Next time we pull back the SKI system is going to give a big buy signal. It seems nearly unavoidable at this point.

Of course, I believe he sold at USERX 8.13, so I think he's still doing fine, even if he is missing this rise, he missed the drop too. SKI system is all about being in only for very high probability moves, where there can be a tight stop, and misses everything else.

FearGreedDude says he's surprised by the move in PMS and has raised his pullback target for the Zow from 83-85 to 85-86 and is calling for a cycle high next week as BULLion reaches 441. I may take that op to ease up a tad since I'm currently 117% long. {Okay, okay so I said I wasn't using margin except for daytrades and just 2 days ago I said might be a good time to ease up a little. So, hey, I lied. Shoot me! :P } I moved out from 100% to 117% this week. I can certainly see a pullback to 80% invested looking for 86 or so on the Zow. Hmmm! Since I have a full-time job and a new l(w)ife I haven't really got time to do my own timing so I must rely on the kindness of strangers. :P

I noticed the bearvest posting on FNX. I wonder if any of you remember my rec of that one as my brother's (the Toronto-based gold exploration geophysicist) favourite when it was trading for about $4.50. I'll bet you are sorry you ignored me; I know I am. :(

Since the SKIguy still hasn't bought in, I guess we can safely conclude what we've felt all along and that is that is timing method is a crock and he should toss it out in favour of Hanky's FCS.? :lol:

His SELL signals were really amazing. But he certainly waits until a move has started and then pulls back to a higher low to give the buy...

His system actually gave a 35-39 buy a week ago. Its already up significantly. Of course, he didnt buy because 80% of 35-39 buy's that immediately follow 16-20 sells end in quick small losses. The 16-20 sell was just before the 25-29 buy. This is the 20% of the time when it gets the big gain however, instead of the small loss, in that case...

Next time we pull back the SKI system is going to give a big buy signal. It seems nearly unavoidable at this point.

Of course, I believe he sold at USERX 8.13, so I think he's still doing fine, even if he is missing this rise, he missed the drop too. SKI system is all about being in only for very high probability moves, where there can be a tight stop, and misses everything else.

Okay, so possibly I was a little harsh. I do read his missives even though I can't really follow them.

The lows for these were around about 4% a month ago. Funny it's been only a month since the lows, seems a lot longer somehow.

I know, this has been a heck of a rally. We had one 14 point HUI pullback, and it made what was to me a really obvious bottom, with bull flags in all the silver stocks, so I was able to buy some SSRI on margin and am now up on it. Overall I am up about 35% since the low, overall.

The rally is now quite overbought however, and long in the tooth. I think its going to HUI 211 based on the ABC up target (pullback was a flag, halfway up the move). I've got a pretty itchy trigger finger right now, going to sell if it starts to drop, sell if it goes to HUI 211, or sell it it just sits here for more than a week. Not going to lose my gains on this one (and especially, going to bail onthe margin shares if it even looks like its about to drop...will guarantee a profit on those).

If this is a repeat of the feb-march pattern, then we are topping now however. I'm very wary of that...

However, looking at weekly RSI and stochastics, we are currently less overbought than at the march top. Also, weekly MACD histogram just turned positive.

The most positive sign to me is gold ralling strongly with a rising dollar. That makes me believe we are in the second up wave of the gold bull market.

In my post about SKI up there I accidentally said 25-29 buy at one point, obviosuly I meant 35-39...

Thor, yeah, his stuff is super hard to understand.

This is what I pay attnetion to:

Has he given a double sell signal? If so, expect a harsh 3 month downturn.

Triple sell (April 04) bail and stay away for a long time.

Double buy? Get in, buy all pullbacks.

Triple buy? (March 2003): 100% rally in under a year imminent.

Lesser stuff I dont pay attnetion to.

I believe that the metals are reacting in advance and in anticipation of what the web bots have been expecting this weekend, a major earth jolting event. 3 earthquakes in the last 4 days on the west coast US. Major one in Chile. If we get any kind of major dislocation like that, the economy will fall off the cliff. People will dump stock with reckless abandon and metals will soar as everyone tries to get in the door. If you wondered what would be the final nail in the real estate coffin my sense is that would be it. No one woud feel safe buying any kind of rumbling property.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I believe that the metals are reacting in advance and in anticipation of what the web bots have been expecting this weekend, a major earth jolting event.  3 earthquakes in the last 4 days on the west coast US.  Major one in Chile.  If we get any kind of major dislocation like that, the economy will fall off the cliff.  People will dump stock with reckless abandon and metals will soar as everyone tries to get in the door.  If you wondered what would be the final nail in the real estate coffin my sense is that would be it.  No one woud feel safe buying any kind of rumbling property.

I'll bet we DONT get a major earth jolting event this weekend.

Just because the odds are with methat at any given time, some freak low probability event will not occur. :)

I believe that the metals are reacting in advance and in anticipation of what the web bots have been expecting this weekend, a major earth jolting event.  3 earthquakes in the last 4 days on the west coast US.  Major one in Chile.  If we get any kind of major dislocation like that, the economy will fall off the cliff.  People will dump stock with reckless abandon and metals will soar as everyone tries to get in the door.  If you wondered what would be the final nail in the real estate coffin my sense is that would be it.  No one woud feel safe buying any kind of rumbling property.

Best advice I've heard all week. :D

Astronomy, religion, webbots, Indian Fakirs? Somtimes I think I came in the wrong door. I feel like stepping outside and checking I'm in the right place.

"Yep, sign says CapitalStool - Stool's Gold (Gold, PMS and Commode-ities.)"

"Hey doorman, what's going on in there."

"It's a free flow of opinion and information."

"Oh, that's okay then. I thought I was cracking up."

Archived